Theories Discussion > KGB / Radiation / Military involvement

Question on military involvement

<< < (2/5) > >>

Manti:

--- Quote from: amashilu on June 03, 2022, 04:46:43 PM ---First, I admit I don't know anything about the KGB or the Russian military. But I've read in many places that the Big Question of why the hikers left their tent is the possibility that they were ordered out of their tent at gunpoint by military. If this were true, why didn't the military just shoot them? None of the autopsies mention gunshot wounds. Why would the military go to such lengths to order them out of the tent, make them take their boots off, bash their heads in, or to crush their chests with their boots? Why not just shoot them?

--- End quote ---

Military involvement is just someone's speculation.

Personally I don't think the military would harm them in any way, they had no reason to. But if they did, they would also cover it up properly and not leave bodies lying around to be found.

Jean Daniel Reuss:

--- Quote from: amashilu on June 03, 2022, 04:46:43 PM ---..............................................................
 Why not just shoot them?

--- End quote ---

The answer is extremely simple: it is because the attackers did not had a gun (firearm).

Here are some thoughts to highlight some of the disadvantages of firearms, which might explain why the attackers did not have firearms.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°Obviously, Kolgomorova, Slobodin, Doroshenko, Dyatlov, Krivonischenko rushed at the attacker who was in front of them, and thus were able to strike with all their strength with their fists, for a (too) short time,

So it would have been psychologically impossible for the attacker, if he had held a loaded gun, not to use his weapon.

https://dyatlovpass.com/injuries?filter_page=2&rbid=18461

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°It must be remembered that the attack began in complete darkness, on slippery, sloping snowy ground.
Moreover, there was probably a medium to strong wind, which necessitates shouting loudly to hope that a command or threatening obligation will be understood. (As for the temperature, it does not matter at the beginning).

In such conditions the effectiveness of verbal threats alone, i.e. without firing warning shots, which would have been visible for example in the top of the tent, seems to me almost impossible.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°If the attacker with a firearm was too far away, he might miss one of his 9 targets in the dark.

If the attacker was too close, he risked being disarmed. he risked being disarmed by triggering a coordinated counter attack from all the 9 hikers.

We had a recent example of this, albeit exceptional, but in good lighting conditions, with the attacker about 10 metres away and using a AKM, a modern repeating weapon :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AKM

On 21 August 2015, the attacker El Khazzani on a Thalys train :

................... and seeing the shirtless [El Khazzani] with an assault rifle, Skarlatos shouted out to his friends "Get him!". Stone moved first, running up the aisle, straight at the gun-wielding El Khazzani and putting him into a chokehold. El Khazzani dropped the carbine, but repeatedly cut Stone in the hand, head, and neck with the utility knife; Stone's thumb was nearly severed. Skarlatos seized the jammed rifle off the floor and began "muzzle-thumping" El Khazzani about the head, while Stone continued his choke-hold. El Khazzani fell unconscious......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Thalys_train_attack

So carrying a gun with ammunition: heavy, expensive, very difficult to justify legally, 
without ever making the threat clear by visible warning shots or even by actually shooting one of the hikers in the leg, seems absurd.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°Look at the opinion, which also supports the non-use of a firearm by the attackers, from Vietnamka, who is Russian.
Vietnamka: Murdered > Murder Indead, January 24, 2019, 07:40:55 AM ---> Reply #61
https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=110.msg3058#msg3058
But the main question of why the victims were not simply shot.
the victims were injured with one blow. Simply and effectively.

the simplest answer is - attackers didnt have weapons.
 Weapons were strictly prohibited in USSR except for hunting weapons.

If it is correct assumption, we can exclude some categories of people attacker did not belong
1) sololders (army, KGB)
2) hunters ........................
But the blows were very effective.......

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°The surroundings of Vizhay, near the Ivdellag were particularly watched in 1959, (i.e. in the period of Krushchev's thaw) by the government authorities. So there were frequent unannounced police checks.

When carrying a weapon: either you were known and carefully licensed,
 or you took a huge risk (of being imprisoned for illegal transport of a firearm).

Charles:
nothing here

Charles:
nothing here

Charles:
nothing here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...