Theories Discussion > Yeti / Snowman

"Yeti" photo enhanced

<< < (4/5) > >>

eurocentric:
I've been attempting to process this image. There isn't going to be a lot of detail to be found in the face, but I can just make out the lower half of a man's face peeping out from under the peak of a hat.

But what is relatively easy to uncover, needing only for anyone to crop the figure out of the frame at this site, open up any image program, do a single sharpening pass and possibly adjust the contrast, is that our 'yeti' appears to be bare in the midriff, the top rucked up, and appears to possibly be without trousers too, which it may or may not be carrying in its right hand.

Doing a colourising pass helps pick out the different image tones a little further.

So it's a man, IMO most likely one of the hikers who may, I suppose, fall behind the others to take a dump, and possibly leave his rucksack, skis, as much as possible, with another hiker, then he rushes back to catch up. Or Yuri K & Tibo have staged it this way as a joke. The autopsies reveal the men had 'black satin' underpants, and that is what the figure seems to be wearing.

Alternatively, if you prefer something much more sinister, it's one of the military/Mansi/escapees who has rushed out of their tent/chub nearby, part-dressed, to see who's trudging past before they're gone.

Obviously no human could survive for long in such a state of undress, so if you favour the more esoteric still, maybe the Ural yeti favours underwear and is body-shavingly smooth.

Jean Daniel Reuss:

I now agree with eurocentric   ->   Reply #15.

•••    Part 1

The silhouette that was photographed (film 3 - N°17) is probably one of the 9 hikers of Dyatlov's group.

For example we can assume (it is an unproven but probable hypothesis) that it is tibo who wanted to bring back amusing and intriguing pictures of the hike to Ortoten.
Tibo asked krivoniscenko to take this picture (so no difficulty to set the timer properly).
Krivonischenko perfectly framed the silhouette (it's Tibo) and triggered the camera at the right moment (to give the impression of a discreet and inquiring watcher).

The photo must not have been in perfect focus,  because otherwise everyone would have recognized that it was Tibo who was playing a joke.
So Krivonischenko deliberately altered the focus so that the photo was a little blurred.
Only Krivonischenko made a little mistake and the result is too blurred and the mystery effect is a little bit missed.

(More simply, maybe it is Krivonischenko who forgot to focus).

I think the silhouette is fully dressed because if the 4 limbs appear very thin it is because the focus is too bad. ( This is needs to be checked).

•••    Part 2

If the silhouette in photo N°17 represented a man foreign to the group,  then the hikers would have felt a slight apprehension.
  • Then the attackers would not have had the advantage of a complete surprise.
  • Then the hikers would have come out of the tent, on the evening of 1 February, with an axe in their hand. (answer to alecsandros).

As a consequence, photo N°17 is necessarily one of the 9 hikers. (Tibo is the most likely).

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: eurocentric on August 08, 2020, 09:44:11 AM ---I've been attempting to process this image. There isn't going to be a lot of detail to be found in the face, but I can just make out the lower half of a man's face peeping out from under the peak of a hat.

But what is relatively easy to uncover, needing only for anyone to crop the figure out of the frame at this site, open up any image program, do a single sharpening pass and possibly adjust the contrast, is that our 'yeti' appears to be bare in the midriff, the top rucked up, and appears to possibly be without trousers too, which it may or may not be carrying in its right hand.

Doing a colourising pass helps pick out the different image tones a little further.

So it's a man, IMO most likely one of the hikers who may, I suppose, fall behind the others to take a dump, and possibly leave his rucksack, skis, as much as possible, with another hiker, then he rushes back to catch up. Or Yuri K & Tibo have staged it this way as a joke. The autopsies reveal the men had 'black satin' underpants, and that is what the figure seems to be wearing.

Alternatively, if you prefer something much more sinister, it's one of the military/Mansi/escapees who has rushed out of their tent/chub nearby, part-dressed, to see who's trudging past before they're gone.

Obviously no human could survive for long in such a state of undress, so if you favour the more esoteric still, maybe the Ural yeti favours underwear and is body-shavingly smooth.

--- End quote ---

Its impossible to be certain.  But it looks like a fairly tall figure. And the snow is probably around 2 foot deep in that area.

RidgeWatcher:
Could this be the reason they camped so high on Kholat Syakhl?

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: RidgeWatcher on January 12, 2021, 10:56:09 AM ---Could this be the reason they camped so high on Kholat Syakhl?

--- End quote ---

Well I have sort of floated that idea a few times in this Forum. I know that many people have camped out in the open in some of the wild areas of the World and kept a fire alight at night to ward of predators like Bears or Wolves. But there is some debate as to the effectiveness of fires. Camping in the open is often done when there is a danger situation. Nice Youtube video on the subject. Although it doesnt cover Big Foot type creatures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version