March 29, 2024, 04:19:44 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Thibo facial hair length - clue for his time of death.  (Read 2344 times)

August 21, 2022, 08:16:35 AM
Read 2344 times

Pavel

Hi there,

My first post here  thumb1
What do you think about Thibo facial hair length? It is mentioned in the autopsy report that Thibo’s facial hair had 1 cm and scalp hair around 8 cm.

https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-352-354?rbid=17743

Now, I don’t think I can pronounce myself when it comes to scalp hair, but if we look at the last photo where Thibo’s face is seen clearly (on Feb 1, at the Labaz, just before they went to the slope and pitch their tent) his facial hair looks a lot shorter.

I would approximate at max 0.4-0.5 cm. Although it is hard to determinate it exactly.
The point is, my facial hair is around 1 cm, and it does not look the same at all.
And of course, it depend from person to person, how fast does the facial hair grow, but I find it hard to believe that facial hair can grow 0.5cm in 24h.

It might be a stretch, but the facial hair length might be a clue that, at least Thibo, was still alive a few days after the that night. I’m not saying that he was alive in terms of being fine and walking around, just that his hearth was still beating and his hair was still growing.

What do you think about this hypothesis?

August 21, 2022, 08:47:11 AM
Reply #1

Ziljoe

Hi Pavel,

It is possible that the hair measured longer because of the decomposition. The tissues would recede ?

The following users thanked this post: Pavel

August 21, 2022, 09:48:01 AM
Reply #2

Pavel

Hi Ziljoe,

That might be the case. I did a short research and find out that the average facial hair follicles length is 3mm. 

Thibo’s face was pretty affected by the decomposition. The receded tissues will reveal a part of the facial hair follicles from inside the skin, and make it look longer.

August 21, 2022, 06:40:43 PM
Reply #3

Ziljoe

Hi Pavel,
I can testify to this on a personal note. I have a hair on my nose. Although , it causes me much embarrassment i, at last in my own mind and I prune it on a regular basis. it is like a stubble of a beard hair. When I   pull it , there's always 5 mm of hidden root.  cry2

November 29, 2022, 09:52:59 AM
Reply #4

ilahiyol

Hi there,

My first post here  thumb1
What do you think about Thibo facial hair length? It is mentioned in the autopsy report that Thibo’s facial hair had 1 cm and scalp hair around 8 cm.

https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-352-354?rbid=17743

Now, I don’t think I can pronounce myself when it comes to scalp hair, but if we look at the last photo where Thibo’s face is seen clearly (on Feb 1, at the Labaz, just before they went to the slope and pitch their tent) his facial hair looks a lot shorter.

I would approximate at max 0.4-0.5 cm. Although it is hard to determinate it exactly.
The point is, my facial hair is around 1 cm, and it does not look the same at all.
And of course, it depend from person to person, how fast does the facial hair grow, but I find it hard to believe that facial hair can grow 0.5cm in 24h.

It might be a stretch, but the facial hair length might be a clue that, at least Thibo, was still alive a few days after the that night. I’m not saying that he was alive in terms of being fine and walking around, just that his hearth was still beating and his hair was still growing.

What do you think about this hypothesis?
Anyway, Tibo wasn't injured to death. The blow he received may not have killed him immediately, and he may have lived a day or two more. The unknown coercive force must not have meant to hurt him too much. Maybe it's because he's a nice guy who always smiles.