Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Olva the dog & Lyuda's love interest

(1/1)

eurocentric:
From a translated transcript of a taped interview it seems Yuri Blinov took his dog, Olva, with him to Otorten. She slept just outside the tent, next to Blinov inside, and through -48C.

In her diary, 25th January, Lyuda wrote "Olva first stood in (illegible word) position, but soon she couldn't stand it anymore and got down on her knees." Until now I thought that was a person, but this was a reference to the dog on the cramped bus the two hiking groups shared to Vizhay.

There's also the photo of a dog running through the snow at Vizhay, might be a random Vizhayan dog, but maybe it's Olva.

https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/gallery/Krivonischenko-camera-film6-13.jpg

It was stated that Lyuda liked Olva (her early childhood also features a black & white dog) and that she had feelings for someone, with Blinov thinking it was him, or the personable Krotov (who was to die in 1967 in a mountaineering accident.)

"Zinoviev talks about L. Dubinina's feelings for someone - they say, in her diaries she has some sadness, and then Blinov says - or rather, suggests that she had these feelings either for him or for Slava Krotov, who was a very good guy - a couple of women's voices also talk about it. B She loved my dog... "

She wrote in her diary when they said goodbye to the Blinovs: "We had a tearful goodbye with Blinov group. The mood sank. At parting, we sang with Zina and Zhenya: "If you eyes hadn't ..." In general I am very very sad."

Heartbreaking to imagine Lyuda chose the wrong hike. She could have been with her love interest, and if it was Yuri Blinov, bonding with a shared interest in dogs, and she would have survived. Although the belittling Zhenya, who she disliked and wrote scathingly about in her diary, would be part of that deal.

eurocentric:
And to bring up the felines, there was a cat in attendance on a 1958 summer hike in the Altai, though maybe he/she was a local mouser posing for a photo with the tourists.

https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/gallery/Dyatlov-pass-1958-Altai-10.jpg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version