Factual Information > Video / Photography

Zolotaryov's camera

(1/5) > >>

Jakub Firlej:
Picture 3. A bit of work and it is possible to determine what is in the picture.

More to come.

Greetings to everyone.

Jakub Firlej:
03 frame location.

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Jakub Firlej on December 15, 2020, 08:07:47 AM ---Picture 3. A bit of work and it is possible to determine what is in the picture.

More to come.

Greetings to everyone.

--- End quote ---

Interesting addition to the many variations on a theme. But I think that this is really stretching the imagination.

cz:
Hey Jakub, thanks for the creative reading of the picture. I always recognized the outline of the tent in the bright patch (and of course people thought it was too much of a stretch and, well, maybe it is but maybe not). I am able to see your idea about the bodies and I think you suggest that this shows a scene at the fire. The left figure seems a bit large compared to the others. I have no clue what evidence in the photo helps to pinpoint the location.

Interestingly, I could not find a scale for this very photo in the analysis by Yakimenko (I tried to work my way through the Russian text, which is unfortunately not exactly my expertise). The other pictures show small sections of the film. Maybe also true for this one, but I am not sure.

However sketchy these photos may be, I am convinced that if Zolotaryov had the chance to use his camera, he would have tried to catch something meaningful and that these photos or whatever is left of them are one of the rare occasions to add new evidence to this case. So good luck and I am looking forward to reading about your ideas!

Jakub Firlej:

--- Quote from: cz on December 15, 2020, 04:16:07 PM ---Hey Jakub, thanks for the creative reading of the picture. I always recognized the outline of the tent in the bright patch (and of course people thought it was too much of a stretch and, well, maybe it is but maybe not). I am able to see your idea about the bodies and I think you suggest that this shows a scene at the fire. The left figure seems a bit large compared to the others. I have no clue what evidence in the photo helps to pinpoint the location.

Interestingly, I could not find a scale for this very photo in the analysis by Yakimenko (I tried to work my way through the Russian text, which is unfortunately not exactly my expertise). The other pictures show small sections of the film. Maybe also true for this one, but I am not sure.

However sketchy these photos may be, I am convinced that if Zolotaryov had the chance to use his camera, he would have tried to catch something meaningful and that these photos or whatever is left of them are one of the rare occasions to add new evidence to this case. So good luck and I am looking forward to reading about your ideas!

--- End quote ---

About the location. There are only some indications. At first I thought the photo was from inside the tent. I saw a mast tent (green), backpack (blue). This I rejected.

1. Too loose for so many people in a tent.
2. Problems with perspective

The problem was with the "floor"(red).

Option 2: In front of the tent.

A ski, not a mast. I dismissed after several attempts to visualize it.

1) The perspective problem again.
2) No location anchor point (no one certain element).

Option 3: Fire

Indication1: Light

At first, I was working with a black and white photo. When I colored them, it showed a strong light source (from the center near the "ski"). I got suspicious.

Indication 2: Fire

I looked at the other Zolotaryov's photos. Is there another photo that shows the fire? I found them.

Indication 3: "Backpack"

I was intrigued what a "backpack" is. Picture 1 (blue object). Until I saw this photo:

Photo a bit from a different angle. However, I think it is the same object.

Indication 4: Perspective.

On that assumption, finally did sensible perspective.

Sorry for bad English :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version