March 18, 2024, 09:22:55 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Methanol Poisining  (Read 15473 times)

April 30, 2018, 05:18:07 PM
Read 15473 times

Marchesk

On the dyatlov-pass-incident.com website, there is an interesting theory involving methanol poisoning from the stove fuel when someone mixed it in with the food or drink. This would have resulting in blindness, causing panic. The hikers seek to escape the tent knowing something inside the tent is responsible. They have to walk down because they can't see. Only after reaching the forest would some of them realize what happened.

It's interesting because blindness might explain why they cut their way out of tent, didn't grab all their cloths and shoes, and ended up in three groups, with the third group individually separated. Climbing the tree happened when the group confronts the responsible party, who tries to escape being attacked, but another person climbs after and pulls him down. This could explain some evidence of a fight.

I've never seen this mentioned elsewhere, so just wondering what people think of it.

April 30, 2018, 07:20:24 PM
Reply #1

CalzagheChick

I personally think it's a massive stretch. I think this group of mountaineers were dead exhausted from the ascent. I think they were all satisfied to put the tent up wherever, grab a quick bite, and fall out. I am very much against any of the intoxication theories for that matter. I think the end goal of getting their master certification by reaching Otorten was just too important to them all. They were happy just to be in the wild away from the hardships of regime life.

April 30, 2018, 07:38:42 PM
Reply #2

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
The methanol theory from what I have read doesnt have anything to do with consumption.  It has to do with the fact oil drilling operations in the area use this substance to keep the well from freezing up in winter. The methanol in question was transported to the drilling locations via helicopter swinging on a tether. From what I remember, the very helicopter used in the rescue effort came from this attachment of methanol air lifting helicopters.  They also frequently had issues during transport and were instructed to ditch the cargo in these situations.

It kinda makes you wonder why Yuri had burns on his lower leg.  Did he stick his leg into a burning fire simply because he was cold, or was his lower clothing saturated with a flammable substance. Also makes you wonder that if the latter is true, it would explain why the small fire never became a bigger fire which could have saved their lives.  Have you guys/gals ever wondered why the fire was so minuscule?  If my pants are saturated with a percentage of methanol, you could imagine my surprise when the fire jumps to my leg.   whacky1 

Add all that to the fact the victims aortas were like three times normal size.....  you might have a methanol poisoning simply from breathing and tracking through the stuff.

Great Thread!    vroom1
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

April 30, 2018, 08:05:35 PM
Reply #3

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Ah yes yes....     here we go.    Everything you can know about methanol and the DPI.

Read all 7 pages.... get some coffee.   thumb1

http://gipotezi.ru/sekretnye-materialy/katastrofa-u-gory-holatchahl

May 01, 2018, 11:13:41 AM
Reply #4

Armide

Loose Cannon, where did you see that their aortas were enlarged? All that I can find is that Dyatlov and Doroshenko had "expanded" aortas and that Kolevatov, Thibeaux-Brignolle, and Zolotaryov had "a slight thickening" in the aortas. We know that Kolevatov liked smoking, and that he wasn't the only smoker in the group, so that's another factor to consider when looking at the autopsies.

May 01, 2018, 02:20:31 PM
Reply #5

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
No problem.......    Page 6

http://gipotezi.ru/sekretnye-materialy/katastrofa-u-gory-holatchahl/6

The width of the aortic arch over the valves:
Alexander Kolevatov - 7 cm.
Thibo-Brignol Nicholas - 8,5 cm.
Igor Dyatlov - 8 cm
Kolmogorov Zina - 8 cm
Doroshenko Yuri - 8,5 cm
Dubinin Lyuda - no data
Zolotarev Semen - no data
Slobodin Rustem - no data
Кривонищенко Георгий - no data

Image of the aorta

The aorta (lat ..arteria ortha, a.ortha - a straight artery) is the largest unpaired arterial vessel of the great circle of blood circulation in the human body. It exits from the left ventricle, the beginning of it - the aorta aperture. From the aorta all arteries that form a large circle of blood flow away. The aorta is divided into three sections: the ascending part of the aorta, the aortic arch and the descending part of the aorta.

The arch of the aorta is facing upwards with its convexity. From the bulge go three large vessels: the brachiocephalic trunk, the left common carotid artery and the left subclavian artery.

The brachiocephalic trunk at the level of the right sternoclavicular joint is divided into two branches: the right common carotid artery and the right subclavian artery. Heading from front to back, the aortic arch at level III of the thoracic vertebra passes into the descending part of the aorta.

Quite recently, based on a thousand studies, physicians made an interesting conclusion that the age of a man can be determined from the width of the aorta!

The aorta in humans is expanded twice - initially to 20-22 years, for the second time after 40 years.

Analysis of metric data of men of different ages was carried out after studies of the aorta without pronounced atherosclerotic deformation and putrefactive changes. As a result of this analysis, forensic experts noticed an amazing feature - the width of the aorta varies with age.

Based on a large number of data studied, a graphic model was constructed that depicts the growth patterns of different aortic departments at different ages of a person.

The aorta of the people studied was measured at five levels:

"B" is the upper border of the rectilinear part of the abdominal part of the aorta,
"1" is the lower border,
"3" is the upper border of the rectilinear part of the thoracic region,
"2" is the midpoint between the levels "1" and "2",
"D" - the most a wide part of the arch of the aorta.

Dynamics of age-related changes in the aortic perimeters at five levels in the age range of 18-40 years

As we can see, the widest part of the aortic arch in part "D" in healthy people under the age of 25 should not exceed 5 cm.

Publication. "Actual issues of forensic medicine and expert practice, Barnaul-Novosibirsk 2011. 17 »
(SME EM Skaryukin, head of the Elizovsky Interdistrict Department)
http://journal.forens-lit.ru/node/453

Perhaps, about this feature of the aorta Revived B.A. in 1959 did not yet know, but the size of the aorta in the dead were strange:

The width of the aortic arch above the valves:

Kolevatov Alexander 7 cm .
Thibault Brignol Nicholas - 8.5 cm
Igor's djatlov - 8 cm
Kolmogorov Zina - 8 cm
Doroshenko Yuri - 8,5 cm

It turns out that in 5 children, the Rebirth recorded that the width of the aortic arch was increased for some reason. Such dimensions of the width of the aortic arch correspond to the size of the organ of a sick person or person aged over 70 years. But all the guys were healthy and athletic people!

As a result, in a short period of time, the width of the aortic arch could increase in healthy athletes?

The rapid expansion of the aortic arch (an aortic arch aneurysm) was probably due to inhalation pulmonary edema, sudden pressure spikes and blood clotting after receiving poisoning and a large dose of irradiation (blood as it boils in the veins) and venous stasis.

After getting into the open parts of the body and in the respiratory organs of radioactive iodine particles 131, their radiation causes severe radiation burns to the skin, respiratory and blood, but most of all, the thyroid gland , in which up to 90% of radioactive substances accumulate, suffers !

I want to draw the reader's attention to another very interesting fact - the description in the media reports of a very important body that, from the impact of radioactive iodine (131J), suffers first of all - the  thyroid gland .

The first group of tourists, whose bodies were found in the early days of prospecting:

Igor Dyatlov - "... The horns of the hyoid bone are intact. Thyroid gland on cut fleshy red ...

Kolmogorova Zinaida - "... The hyoid bone is intact. Thyroid gland on the incision of cyanotic red color ... "

Slobodin Rustem - "... The horns of the hyoid bone are intact. Thyroid gland on a red incision ... "

Doroshenko Yuri - "... The horns of the hyoid bones are intact. Thyroid gland on the cut is fleshy, reddish ... "

Krivonischenko George - "... Thyroid gland on the cut is fleshy, dark red. The horns of the hyoid bone are intact ... "

The second group of tourists, whose bodies were found in a ravine, in a stream, under a 3-meter layer of snow.

Alexander Kolevatov - description of the thyroid gland in the media is missing "... The neck is long, thin, deformed in the region of the thyroid cartilage ...."

Dubinina Lyudmila - there is no description of the thyroid gland in the media "... The neck is long, thin. Soft tissues of the neck area are saggy to the touch. When probing the neck, unusual mobility of the horns of the hyoid bone and thyroid cartilage is determined . ... "

Zolotarev Semyon - description of the thyroid gland in the media is missing "... The hyoid bone is intact. ... "

Thibault Nicholas - the description of the thyroid gland in the media is missing "... The hyoid bone is intact. ... "

Iodine, as a substance, is extremely selectively deposited in the thyroid gland. After ingress of 131J into the human body, the radioactivity of the thyroid gland can exceed the radioactivity of all other tissues by more than 200 times!

May 01, 2018, 02:29:15 PM
Reply #6

Armide

Ah! That’s exactly what I was looking for, thank you :)

May 01, 2018, 05:23:30 PM
Reply #7

CalzagheChick

The missing thyroid information is super suspect on the rav4....

What the hell is going on here. Vozrozhdenny is infuriating to me!!!! He had a very noticeable pattern in his head to toe autopsy method. It's very easy to read his stride. So the fact that information is just so blatantly overlooked and missing...this was not an oversight on his part. He was doing this stuff for years and years. He knew what he was doing--he also knew what he was conveniently leaving out of the reports. And that's what drives me absolutely bonkers.

Fact: In Pryapat, when the Chernobyl disaster struck, the people--men, women, especially children--were immediately administered massive doses of iodine in hopes that their thyroids would have no need to absorb any of the radioactive iodine contaminating the atmosphere. I've always remembered this fact for some reason... that was their first response because they just didn't really know what to do in the event. They loaded the people up with non-radioactive iodine, said a prayer, and hoped for the best. I specifically remember seeing on TV the lines of people in the clinics with their children being fed the safe iodine orally.

August 22, 2018, 06:24:33 PM
Reply #8

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
More unfeasibility.
DB

August 28, 2018, 03:41:24 PM
Reply #9

CalzagheChick

August 28, 2018, 04:35:38 PM
Reply #10

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Good point. 

Im not exactly reading any reasons as to why.....  just that it is.   dunno1

August 30, 2018, 04:27:59 AM
Reply #11

Morski

Alike the ergot/food poisoning theory, I do find that really relevant. It even gives clues to some of the autopsy finds, mentioned above by Loose Cannon, which is very interesting. Anyway, if they performed a full chemical analyses of the blood from the Dyatlov group corpses (at least from the fist bodies found), they would have found signs of poisoning. As far as I remember the Histological analyses say nothing in that regard. 
"Truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it." Mark Twain

August 30, 2018, 12:56:50 PM
Reply #12

sarapuk

The methanol theory just doesnt seem to tally with all the other events.
DB

August 30, 2018, 10:35:58 PM
Reply #13

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
The methanol theory just doesnt seem to tally with all the other events.

Like the one where lower extremities seemingly combust and the campfire idea is quickly abandoned?  Or is it the one that causes them not to successfully ignite the stove and flee a confined enclosure full off combustible fumes radiating off of the pile of boots and snow pants strangely stacked together and segregated?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 10:42:25 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

September 13, 2018, 12:53:41 PM
Reply #14

sarapuk

No, like any type of severe poisoning, it just doesnt add up.
DB

September 14, 2018, 09:47:52 PM
Reply #15

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
People are inadvertently poisoned all the time.  Yeti mass killing sprees....  not so much.   

lol1

September 26, 2018, 12:07:08 PM
Reply #16

sarapuk

Poisoning wouldnt account for the severe injuries though.
DB

December 11, 2018, 08:55:34 AM
Reply #17

Star man

The aortic arch size and relation to radiation dose is very interesting. Also the autopsy reports around thyroid gland.  It kind of adds supporting evidence to my current most favourite hypothesis.

What I am untested in now is why did some of the group show significant marbling of veins? Does anybody know anything about this. I have my suspicions as to what caused it but would like to hear other people’s thoughts and investigation?

December 11, 2018, 11:54:22 AM
Reply #18

Star man

Hmmm I also just found an article that links aortic enlargement with being an athlete or from a strenuous job.  The Dyatlov group were very fit so that might explain aortic enlargement  nea1