March 28, 2024, 12:08:28 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Contaminated theory and a 2nd cave- in.  (Read 9924 times)

February 01, 2020, 03:38:15 PM
Reply #30

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
The weight of the snow pulled off the tent from the skis. With the outlining of the tent, the snow and chunks of snow came from somewhere.

I thought the tent rope was suspended via ski poles rather than the skis?  Also,  remember that the tent was almost completely covered when it was found and the snow was dug/hacked away so the chunks may be just the snow that was dug out. 

Regards
Star man

February 01, 2020, 03:40:44 PM
Reply #31

Star man

Why are they smiling?
[/u

They may have been smiling simply because they were having their photo taken.
Regards
Star man

February 01, 2020, 11:30:01 PM
Reply #32

NkZ

there are a few pictures of the probable way tent was raised in the "1958 sub polar ural" trek on dyatlovpass.com.
Looking at it it seems the ski on DP are not in the correct place, but it could just be that they did not put it up in place the same way?
regards NkZ

« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 05:01:06 AM by NkZ »

February 02, 2020, 03:17:20 AM
Reply #33

Tim

Star Man,  That is an excellent observation about the camera angle , so I turned off my auto rotate on my I-pad and manipulated the photo, even upside down here is what stood out immediately. The subject in the fore grounds stance became unnatural when tilting back and forth.  He on the whole is standing up fairly straight to begin with, I refer back To my exceptional eye, which is a a curse and a blessing, it would of been the first thing I noticed if the photographer was holding the camera in a tilted position. But at the age of 63 soon to be 64 I welcome all insights and things that I may not of thought of. 
I lived in the snow for 17 years and though it does not make me an expert in snow but even as children knew what snow was good for making a snow ball and dry snow was not one. There are even slush balls, when the temperature is right, have an excellent effect when the target is hit right, as the poor paper boy found when he was riding his bike down the middle of the street.  And when I saw him coming I made just one of those delicious slush balls and from in between the houses I launched my attack.  A direct head shot hit, exploding snow in an pattern only fire works would be jealous of. Back then it was hysterical but now as I think of it, it is even funnier...
The angle of the slope when considering this theory was easily solved by introducing that the tourists themselves while going to the bathroom dislodged it and they also ended up on the team. If it was one of the girls, no doubt a male would at least be at the tent entrance while the female ventured off for privacy, but not that far.
In summation, the waist line of the tourist even though bent over clearly shows a larger than usual snow drift on the stone wall. Zina herself said “Snow snow snow” and someone pointed out that the snow is sticking to the tourists face and clothes which makes it a wet snow. Essentially when compacted in the subzero weather turns to ice.  Have you been able to place those 3 x’s in the one photo to the photos of them digging out the tent.  Best Tim.

February 02, 2020, 05:04:05 AM
Reply #34

NkZ

IMO a rotation of 4 degrees is still very credible

February 02, 2020, 11:32:45 PM
Reply #35

Star man

there are a few pictures of the probable way tent was raised in the "1958 sub polar ural" trek on dyatlovpass.com.
Looking at it it seems the ski on DP are not in the correct place, but it could just be that they did not put it up in place the same way?
regards NkZ

That looks like a useful photo.  I will have a closer look when I get a chance.

Regards
Star man

February 02, 2020, 11:36:09 PM
Reply #36

Star man

Star Man,  That is an excellent observation about the camera angle , so I turned off my auto rotate on my I-pad and manipulated the photo, even upside down here is what stood out immediately. The subject in the fore grounds stance became unnatural when tilting back and forth.  He on the whole is standing up fairly straight to begin with, I refer back To my exceptional eye, which is a a curse and a blessing, it would of been the first thing I noticed if the photographer was holding the camera in a tilted position. But at the age of 63 soon to be 64 I welcome all insights and things that I may not of thought of. 
I lived in the snow for 17 years and though it does not make me an expert in snow but even as children knew what snow was good for making a snow ball and dry snow was not one. There are even slush balls, when the temperature is right, have an excellent effect when the target is hit right, as the poor paper boy found when he was riding his bike down the middle of the street.  And when I saw him coming I made just one of those delicious slush balls and from in between the houses I launched my attack.  A direct head shot hit, exploding snow in an pattern only fire works would be jealous of. Back then it was hysterical but now as I think of it, it is even funnier...
The angle of the slope when considering this theory was easily solved by introducing that the tourists themselves while going to the bathroom dislodged it and they also ended up on the team. If it was one of the girls, no doubt a male would at least be at the tent entrance while the female ventured off for privacy, but not that far.
In summation, the waist line of the tourist even though bent over clearly shows a larger than usual snow drift on the stone wall. Zina herself said “Snow snow snow” and someone pointed out that the snow is sticking to the tourists face and clothes which makes it a wet snow. Essentially when compacted in the subzero weather turns to ice.  Have you been able to place those 3 x’s in the one photo to the photos of them digging out the tent.  Best Tim.

Check the measures angle of the slope during the investigation.  Think it was about 19 degrees.  But it does not mean the snow angle did not change after the event.  Accurate information from the photo would be useful if it can be achieved.

Regards
Star man

February 03, 2020, 02:57:23 AM
Reply #37

Tim

Sorry Star Man. I had sent a reply to your last message, but it doesn't look like it made it through. Very sensitive web page, but awesome.
You make an excellent point about the camera angle so I turned off my auto rotate and discovered that the subjects were straight and plum. The camera angle is fine and the person taking it is elevated.
At 63 years of age and soon to be 16 mentally it was a good test for me. Being in construction/ artist, musician all around comedian the camera angle would of been the first thing that caught my attention.  I lived in the snow for 17 years and every kid knows that dry snow does not make a snow ball. The wet snow and the all around March slush ball was my favorite as a poor unwitting paper boy riding his bike found out. As I saw him coming I launched my attack from in-between the houses...a direct hit in the head and an explosion of slush spray  fireworks would of been envious of.  It was very funny back then and even funnier now that I think of it.  The photos of them show that the snow is sticking to them, their faces and is perfect for packing and slippery when it freezes.
I am convinced that it was one or two of the tourists dislodged this now an ice sheet ,onto them while relieving themselves which there is evidence of.  The x's in the photo that the rescuers took at the lower left when transferred to the photo of them is very clear evidence that shows the top of the snow wall is at least 4 to 5 feet higher then the finished interior floor of the tent. What is natural to assume of that photo of the tourists are just setting up next to a rock wall with a little amount of snow and the rest is rock wall. Zina herself said "Snow, snow snow".
 Now look at the photos in the summer to the supposed position of the tent on the mountain. Very little elevation, in fact these two photos don't fit into the summer photos. There is an abundance of snow that can be packed and they took full advantage of it.   My theory goes out the window if the photos of them are not of them the last days. Best Tim.

February 03, 2020, 03:57:37 AM
Reply #38

Tim

Not you personally Star Man, How can this obvious elevation in height suitable for a barrier wall totally be ignored for 61 years.. Thousand of people over the years have commented on this and yet ignored.
As much as I would want an other worldly explanation a few thing are consistence, no one knew where they were, No Nations would not launch into a gale force wind which rules out any photography and  Human error, poor judgment by Igor to set off so late into an obvious storm no matter what rating he was trying achieve. A dead human body turns to mush in harsh elements when blood is not pumping and oxygen is not filling the lungs. Any documents that turn up now after 61 one years should be dismissed ,forged documents in this age of technology are fairly simple by those who specialize in them. But who knows, Best Tim

February 03, 2020, 05:58:12 AM
Reply #39

Tim

The snow in front of the tent is from the cave-in and not blown. If it were blown snow, where is the evidence of blown snow up against the large snow rocks sitting on the tent. Surely it would be there.. Something else to consider.

February 03, 2020, 08:54:58 AM
Reply #40

Star man

Ok. Let’s say that a slab of snow fell/slid onto the tent.  They cut the tent to get out and it is difficult to get back inside to retrieve any shoes, clothing or gear.  One point I have always found odd is that a jacket and a pair of sneakers were found outside several metres away.  How could this be explained by the snow cave in theory?  I don’t see why anyone would leave them there unless there was a reason not to stop to pick them up?

Thoughts?

Star man

February 03, 2020, 12:10:33 PM
Reply #41

Monty

Also, what advantage would climbing the cedar tree bring if the weather was sufficiently bad enough to cause the chain of events you described? Surely visibility would be less than the distance between two people who were shouting at each other?