Theories Discussion > Meteor

Meteor

<< < (3/3)

sarapuk:
 [1] I have never believed in the ‘Alien’ theory nor do I believe they were attacked by animals/yeti/locals/escaped prisoners/Soviet military etc. The evidence is just not there. All evidence seems to point that no one else was there since the only footprints were those of the group. 

[[ WELL THERE IS EVIDENCE OF SORTS THAT CAN BE INTERPRETED IN VARIOUS WAYS  !  ?  ]]

[2] Right before bedtime four group members, Zolotaryov, Dubinina, Thibeaux-Brignolle (a.k.a. TiBo) and Kolevatov leave the tent for a call of nature. They are better dressed than the others because they had planned to go outside. Once outside they see it. A large and extremely bright orb coming directly towards them! Zolotaryov raises his camera to take a picture and just as he snaps the photo the meteor explodes over their heads (You can see the tops of the heads of the other three at the bottom of the photo). Zolotaryov, who is holding the camera with his two arms extended in front of him, barely has time to turn slightly left when he is hit with the full force of the air burst’s resulting shockwave. His chest and the right side of his ribs are crushed. Additionally, because he was looking directly at the explosion, the shockwave ruptures the membrane surrounding his eyes, causing the fluids to leak out, blinding him instantly. Dubinina is also staring at the meteor with her hands covering her mouth in shock. She is transfixed by this, frozen like a deer in the headlights. She doesn’t turn away from the explosion and the shockwave’s impact is even more devastating to her, hitting her head on in the chest and face. The force of the impact crushes her ribs on both sides as well as crushing her nose and rupturing her eyeball membranes. In horror she bites off a chunk (not all) of her tongue, swallowing a good amount of blood as per the autopsy report.

[[ SO YOU RECKON THAT MANY OF THE VERY SERIOUS LIFE THREATENING INJURIES TOOK PLACE AT THE TENT LOCATION  !  ?  ]]

[3] These young adults would have been brainwashed since youth with propaganda that the ‘evil west’ was out to get them. In their minds the threat was real. Now back to the events. Dyatlov has concluded that they had been attacked and realized they were sitting ducks on the open slope. Fearing that whoever attacked them would be returning to finish the job he decides that they are not safe in their present location and must leave the tent and head for the perceived safety of the forest immediately! They check the four injured for pulses and they all still have one (barely). Their mentality is to leave no one behind and cannot justify leaving their injured friends behind to die so four people each grab an injured person, propping them up on their feet and wrapping an arm around their neck. They are led down the slope by a fifth member with a flashlight (probably Zina, who has an injured hip and cannot support the body weight of another). This was not a mad, crazed dash to the tree line. Investigators determined that by looking at their tracks they had been walking at a normal pace. It would have been very hard to move fast if they were supporting the body weight of another.

[[ WHATS THE EVIL WEST DOING IN THIS VERY REMOTE PART OF THE USSR ATTACKING HIKERS.  AND YOU RECKON THAT SOME OF THE DYATLOV GROUP CARRIED THEIR VERY SERIOUSLY INJURED COMPATRIOTS FOR ABOUT A MILE, BUT DIDNT BOTHER TO DRESS PROPERLY OR TAKE ANY EQUIPMENT WITH THEM. !  ?  ]]

neni_cesty_zpet:
Hello!

I find one issue with meteor / missile theory.
Let's suppose it happened...

First, they probably had seen light then they made educated guess about it's velocity and trajectory - they were engineers or about to become.
I can imagine observing this orb in sky for few dozens of seconds outside the tent - just everybody in group, talking about it's origin and velocity before
making decision to leave. Then taking as much useful tools and clothes for survival as they can and leaving tent in few minutes.
Not slashing tent from inside with knife madly and walking down slowly, freezing. It makes no sense to me.

Shockwave hit them near tree line, possibly pushing some of them against trees/rocks with huge intensity causing lethal wounds to Zolotarev and Dubinina.

Considering the approaching object to be rocket, let's say  rocket of that time, R12 (source: http://www.astronautix.com/r/r-12.html)

Once launched, the missile had a time of flight of 11.8 minutes. Maximum velocity at burnout was 3530 m/s, and warhead accuracy 6 km in range, 5 km laterally.

It takes about 12minutes after launch to hit target. How could Dyatlov's group move so far from tent in 12 minutes ??

Also consider observing conditions in that area on slope which blocks visibility towards hypothetical launch site...

I may be overlooking some important facts but to me, escaping from approaching meteor shower makes some sense, escaping from approaching makes no sense considering the distance they were able to walk...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version