Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Flashlights

<< < (10/10)

Investigator:

--- Quote from: Beluga1303 on October 19, 2020, 03:43:49 AM ---As we know from Slobtsov report, the torch was found on 10 cm of snow, not under snow. If the group has put the torch there, it must not have snowed since leaving the tent. In any case, no more heavy snowfalls. Pashin and Cheglakov both claimed they weren't at the tent on February 24th. Perhaps they were there after all, and briefly searched the tent? They thought about stealing the flashlight from the tent. But then they decided to leave the flashlight there. I don't trust the statements made by Pashin and Cheglakov. Why didn't they report the discovery of the tent on February 24th?
And my next question: if the first bodies that were found were covered in snow, then why not the flashlight?

--- End quote ---

Even if that flashlight/torch was found somewhere down the mountain and then placed on top by rescuers, I don't see that making a big difference in terms of the most likely possibilities.  If the group placed it there, it could mean they weren't sure if they would return while it was still dark instead of waiting for morning.  It also suggests it wasn't especially dark that night and that with all the snow the moonlight was enough (and that it wasn't super windy, which would hinder visibility).  The bodies being covered by snow but not that flashlight/torch could simply be due to the how the wind blew across those areas.

Nigel Evans:

--- Quote from: Beluga1303 on October 19, 2020, 03:43:49 AM ---As we know from Slobtsov report, the torch was found on 10 cm of snow, not under snow. If the group has put the torch there, it must not have snowed since leaving the tent. In any case, no more heavy snowfalls. Pashin and Cheglakov both claimed they weren't at the tent on February 24th. Perhaps they were there after all, and briefly searched the tent? They thought about stealing the flashlight from the tent. But then they decided to leave the flashlight there. I don't trust the statements made by Pashin and Cheglakov. Why didn't they report the discovery of the tent on February 24th?
And my next question: if the first bodies that were found were covered in snow, then why not the flashlight?

--- End quote ---
Wind drift exposes some areas and covers others. E.g. the footsteps.

Beluga1303:
 Wind drift exposes some areas and covers others. E.g. the footsteps.

Yes, there is a possibility.

Nigel Evans:

--- Quote from: Beluga1303 on October 20, 2020, 02:10:24 AM --- Wind drift exposes some areas and covers others. E.g. the footsteps.

Yes, there is a possibility.

--- End quote ---
A bit more than possible i think, that's what wind drift is? Snow gets blown off exposed areas and deposited in sheltered areas. You always know where you are with it, it's 100% dependable.  thanky1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version