Theories Discussion > Yeti / Snowman

"Yeti" photo enhanced

<< < (2/5) > >>

Star man:
I like your technique.  But what you are trying to do is very difficult for several reasons.

1.  The original image is very blurred and it's difficult to make out any facial features.
2. The enhanced version is very pixelated and the human mind is programmed to pick out faces from noise
3.  Because you are trying to match up one small part of the image with another small image any errors  of scaling are amplified.

A different and larger scaling reference would be more useful. 

Regards

Star man

Jean Daniel Reuss:

--- Quote from: Star man on November 20, 2019, 02:07:47 PM ---..................................................
1.  The original image is very blurred and it's difficult to make out any facial features.
2. The enhanced version is very pixelated and the human mind is programmed to pick out faces from noise

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: sarapuk on November 18, 2019, 11:55:22 AM ---........................................
 Its certainly a CREATURE of some kind, Human or otherwise, with an HEAD and BODY and ARMS and HANDS and LEGS. That much is not Pareidolia, unless its a very unusual shaped Tree or other object, which is most unlikely.

--- End quote ---

A clumsy pursuer who stupidly went too far.
You only have to look at photo N° 17, no needs of enhancing it, to think that it is a very ordinary human figure.

Contrary to photos N° 13, 14, 15, 16, it is not a photo of Thibeaux-Brignolle himself who would have wanted to make a humorous or poetic photo (while satisfying his narcissism, add the mocking tongues).
         a) If Thibeaux had wanted to keep an amusing souvenir of the mood of this day, he would have taken the time and trouble to focus it properly.
         b) Photo N° 17 is the last of the roll. This photo was taken on January 30, or rather on January 31. At this moment the weather was getting worse, the progress of the hikers by climbing up in the deep snow was slowing down, it was necessary to think of building the cache (labaz), the serious things began. On January 31, it was no longer the time to play ! 
         c) Everything indicates that it is a human being who was only visible for a very short time and then disappeared immediately.

d) The trace left by the 9 hikers is clearly visible and easy to follow. So it was a person who was following the hikers and who had caught up with the last of the line of hikers. The last in the line of hikers was Thibeaux who heard a faint noise and who turned around; then he only had time to press the shutter release of his camera.

The mention of the yeti, a psychological mechanism to reduce one's own anxiety.
When two unknown human beings meet, approach or cross paths in a deserted place (i.e. several days' walk or ski from an inhabited place) the instinct of the human species (since prehistoric times, it seems) is to spontaneously make a gesture, or take an attitude, that shows that one is not aggressive.

Something equivalent to "hello", "okay ?", "all right ?". Even if we don't speak the same language, we must be able to make people understand "I am peaceful".
(Note: this seems to be a general phenomenon as it has sometimes been observed between two enemy reconnaissance patrols that meet unexpectedly without fighting, but that's another story !!).

On the contrary, this silhouette hardly noticed disappeared at once. It is therefore both unusual and slightly disturbing. Moreover from the photo now developed (which the hikers did not have) we see that the attitude of the silhouette is compatible with that of a a lookout (watchman) who would prefer to stay hidden.

Instead of confessing this light concern, which was reasonable, the hikers preferred to reassure themselves with humor by writing:
"In recent years there has been a heated debate about the existence of Yeti. According to recent reports Yeti lives in Northen Urals, near Otorten mountains" (Leaflet Evening Otorten N°1).

It is possible, but I am not sure of this, that it is because of this unforeseen and worrying appearance :
   a) that Dyatlov, in agreement with the others, preferred to put the tent on the bare slope of the Kholat Syakhl, a location with good visibility, and not in the forest.
   b) that Zolotariov, Kolevatov, and Thibeaux-Brignoles who had a better political background understood the threatening situation. During the attack on the evening of 1 February, they were the first to leave and hide away from the tent, taking Dubinina, who seemed to be the most threatened because of her proven Stalinist statements.

A material proof that strangely many people refuse to understand.           
The attackers who had left North 2 on the morning of January 31 caught up with the hikers a little earlier than expected as the hikers had moved relatively very slowly.

Photo No. 17 is an important clue, almost a photographic material proof, that the leader of the attackers committed a tactical mistake because by letting himself be seen, he unwittingly alerted the hikers who were able to defend themselves better with their fists.

For me, it is almost obvious that the attackers were ex-zeks who were in principle free

Perhaps only 3 loggers from settlement 41 that looks big. Numerous others loggers did not want to appear in the photographs next to these communist propangandists who adulated Joseph Stalin...

Or rather ex-zeks of unknown nationality, but who in January 1959 were constrained to live in the Vizhay region. (An unfortunate consequence of the Khrushchev's thaw).

alecsandros:

--- Quote from: Jean Daniel Reuss on May 27, 2020, 10:01:38 AM ---      A material proof that strangely many people refuse to understand.           
The attackers who had left North 2 on the morning of January 31 caught up with the hikers a little earlier than expected as the hikers had moved relatively very slowly.

Photo No. 17 is an important clue, almost a photographic material proof, that the leader of the attackers committed a tactical mistake because by letting himself be seen, he unwittingly alerted the hikers who were able to defend themselves better with their fists.

For me, it is almost obvious that the attackers were ex-zeks who were in principle free

Perhaps only 3 loggers from settlement 41 that looks big. Numerous others loggers did not want to appear in the photographs next to these communist propangandists who adulated Joseph Stalin...

Or rather ex-zeks of unknown nationality, but who in January 1959 were constrained to live in the Vizhay region. (An unfortunate consequence of the Khrushchev's thaw).

--- End quote ---

Hello,
I understand the "ex-zeke" hypothesis, but my opinion so far is that it does not fully account for the existent material evidence:
- if there was an attack by ex-zekes, why were both supply caches left undisturbed ? (the labaz and the supplies at the tent).
- if there was an attack by ex-zekes, what caused the injuries of Lyudmila Dubinina and Semyon Zolotaryov ? (the autopsy report mentioned they looked like hit by a car)
- if there was an attack by ex-zekes, why wasn't this story distributed by the state ? If that happened, there was no more need for the rocket theory or any other that were circulating in the given time frame.
- alas, if there was an attack by ex-zekes, how come there weren't any escapees found in the nearby work-camp (gulag) ? I understand that was one of the first places were the investigators looked.

Best,

RidgeWatcher:
This is my position exactly. I think it was in Vizhay and Settlement 41. How I would love to read about any investigations that took place in either village. The ex-Zeks were free but not autonomous in 1959. Settlement 41 had to be somewhat reliant on Vizhay. I am applying this to Alaska bush and village standards. The farthest village doesn't interfere or interrupt the supply hand (legal or illegal in 1959) that feeds them, keeps them warm and happy. Not to mention the luxuries in life being difficult to acquire in that place and time.

There was a new command in Vizhay, as evidenced by the group being taken to the inadequate hotel. Zina says they were "taken" to the inferior hotel unlike two years earlier when they stayed the night in the club house. Something was different, something was amiss. The Dyatlov hikers were intentionally sequestered on this present tour.

I have always wanted to know what Yuri Yudin saw on his way back to Sverdlovsk by himself, he was probably in a lot of pain but did he see something significant that he thought was just ordinary?

The ex-Zeks either had to wait for Yuri Yudin to pass through Settlement 41 and/or pass by him on the way back to Vizhay. It is also possible that the ex-Zeks came from Vizhay and hid at Settlement 41. To do this they would have to be hidden by people in Settlement 41. It would be much harder to hide at the dilapidated buildings at North 2, especially since Yuri Yudin and other Dyatlov hikers were searching for rocks and minerals for several hours to take back home.

Did they become targets after hearing revolutionary songs and conversation?

Were the occupants of Vizhay offended by the Dyatlov hikers pro-communist talk? Lyudmila was the most fervent in speech and ideology, did this cause her much worse injuries? The prison cloth found on Lyudmila?

As far as we know nothing was taken from the Dyatlov hikers...does this mean the attack was of a more personal nature and not a robbery?

The Dyatlov hikers, genuinely, seemed to have a much better time while resting at Settlement 41, the man called red-beard was genial and entertaining and a leader type for the village. He was definitely not afraid to be in photographs.

However, all things considered, if ex-Zeks came from Vizhay and wanted revenge on the Dyatlov hikers, what would the occupants of Settlement 41 loose (also in the future) if they didn't abide or aid the Vizhay ex-Zeks?

Photograph 17: doesn't have the outline to be Mansi or Khanty while out hunting. Maybe the clothing outline while they are outside their dwellings but not far away hunting. I don't see skins or clothing adornment on the man in photograph 17. More like an ex-Zek acting as a lookout with a peek-a-boo movement and stance.

If the Dyatlov hikers were being followed and they didn't make Dyatlov Pass the first try then the stalker/followers, probably, were not expecting to see them again coming back down the southern side of Dyatlov Pass. The stalkers would have to hide, much the same way as the photograph indicated.

I agree with Jean Daniel Ruess. There was no time to play or joke around on their last morning/day hike up towards Dyatlov Pass. The form, stance and gesturing of the figure in photograph 17 is not play, it is significant in impending collision.

Jean Daniel Reuss:

--- Quote from: alecsandros on May 27, 2020, 10:48:03 AM ---............
I understand the "ex-zeke" hypothesis, but my opinion so far is that it does not fully account for the existent material evidence:
- if there was an attack by ex-zekes, why were both supply caches left undisturbed ? (the labaz and the supplies at the tent).
- if there was an attack by ex-zekes, what caused the injuries of Lyudmila Dubinina and Semyon Zolotaryov ? (the autopsy report mentioned they looked like hit by a car)
- if there was an attack by ex-zekes, why wasn't this story distributed by the state ? If that happened, there was no more need for the rocket theory or any other that were circulating in the given time frame.
- alas, if there was an attack by ex-zekes, how come there weren't any escapees found in the nearby work-camp (gulag) ? I understand that was one of the first places were the investigators looked

--- End quote ---

••• why were both supply caches left undisturbed ?
 --->  For at least 3 reasons:     
  a) After the hard fighting they had fought on the night of February 1 to 2, the attackers were exhausted and perhaps even wounded.
They were in a hurry to go home (Vizhay? settlment 41?, I do not know) to recuperate and heal. They had no time to lose.
The hikers were athletic and hit hard. Look at the state of the fists of Kolmogorova, Slobodin...etc: they didn't punch in a vacuum. 

b) The attackers were patriots from countries in conflict with the USSR. They were, or they considered themselves to be, fighters infiltrated into the heart of the enemy apparatus. The attackers put their honour in showing that they were not bandits or thieves. On the other hand, they demonstrated their victory in this small battle of 1 February 1959 by spectacular and symbolic profanations. That is to say, they managed to break ribs one by one and to tear out Dubinina's (viper's) tongue...

c) Khrushchev's policy from 1953, or 1956 (to go into details is complicated), was to improve the economy of the USSR. Also the workers were well fed (as far as possible). There was no need for the attackers to leave on the morning of February 2, weighing themselves down with the food of the hikers. They had enough to eat when they returned the next day (they were away for 2 nights and 3 days).

••• What caused the injuries of Lyudmila Dubinina and Semyon Zolotaryov ?
 --->  I am convinced by the arguments of Eduard Tumanov, see :
         https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=411.0
and by those of Per Inge Oestmoen, seek into :
        https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=325

This old method is more than enough to explain all the injuries found on the bodies of the 9 hikers. Note that the blunt objects are made of wood and not of metal (except for Dubinina's tongue, which probably required a small pocket knife).

This story of "spontaneous force that tourists were unable to overcome" and ghost vehicle is awkward propaganda to hide among others the insufficiency (and the ridicule) of the KGB whose mission was to protect the hikers.

••• why wasn't this story distributed by the state ?
 ---> I do not know what is occurring in the United States. In a nutshell, it may be that in Europe, and particularly in France, it is easier to access sources of information and texts by historians who explain different points of view. (One can easily read communist historians as well as capitalist historians)

•••   there was no more need for the rocket theory or any other...
 --->  Yes ! Indeed there is really no need for the rocket theory or any other that were circulating in the given time frame....

••• how come there weren't any escapees found in the nearby work-camp (gulag) ?
 ---> I do not understand this question.
1) The prisoners of the labor camps, called zeks, were then watched almost continuously by guards every day. It is very difficult or almost impossible to escape from the camps. The zeks are often mistreated, in poor health and hungry.

2) On the contrary, the ex-zeks are then in principle free men. They are well fed and can benefit from normal medical care. In reality there are a large number of special cases depending on the circumstances...depending on the nationality of origin ,
( Chechens, Ingushs, Crimean Tatars, Poles, Czechoslovakians, Hungarians, Romanians, Moldovans, Ukrainians, Koreans, Germans, Bulgarians, Estonians, Latvians, Lithuanians, Finns..etc.)

We can simply remember that the possibilities of movement of the ex-zeks were not so much different from those of many ordinary Soviet citizens.

••• I understand that was one of the first places...
 ---> I read that the Mansi were first suspected, but I couldn't find any information on the anti-communists who were sojourning in the Vizhay region...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version