Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Did they act rationally or irrationally, or did they have no choice?

(1/8) > >>

MDGross:
The answer depends on which scenario(s) you favor. And like so much in this maddening mystery, we most likely will never know for certain. But I believe it is a helpful way to organize the many theories.

• The hikers acted rationally to what they believed or perceived to be imminent, life threatening danger – slab avalanche, ball lightning, katabatic wind, and so on. They acted rationally when faced with immediate danger.

• The hikers were not able to think clearly and so acted irrationally – infrasound, toxic fumes, magic mushroom spores, poisonous bread, etc.

• The hikers were forced out of their tent by outsiders and so had no choice.

• Or they had no idea of what was to happen. In Igor's and Teddy's scenario, they had no clue that a tree would fall on them as they slept.

Ziljoe:
Good short list.  I will choose Igor b's wolverine theory . For me, its the most sensible and covers 95 % of all things. All I need to do is smell the the spray and then decide if I would dump everything.

The Wolverine theory has , for me at least, a number of examples of tying in various statements .

I don't think it was supernatural/paranormal. I don't think it was KGB or government , because we wouldn't have all the after photos in the search. People(locals)  were hired to look and search and take photos. If there was any real concern by the powers that be, noone would have been allowed to be in the area.

The two with the blunt force trauma ( broken ribs)  were under several feet of snow, the two with missing eyes and one with missing tounge were found in flowing water 3 months later , in the spring.

The two with burns were found next to a fire.

The three on the hill/ mountain side were found to have all the signs of dying from exposure to the cold.

There is more simplicity than mystery to it all.

Игорь Б.:

--- Quote from: Ziljoe on December 02, 2021, 06:41:08 PM ---All I need to do is smell the spray
--- End quote ---
Очень жаль, что в Шотландии нет скунсов. Но можно купить эссенцию:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=skunk+essence

Ziljoe:
That sounds like a challenge Igor b.......
The orange and yellow colour are interesting . That fits along with some of the statements as you highlighted on the clothing and the searchers hands.

MDGross:
Yes, simple appeals to me. What could be simpler than a tree falling on the tent. But that's when the simplicity ends and the complexity begins. So many people involved in the staging of the tragedy. Even the logistics become confusing and complex.
The half-dozen articles I read about wolverines make me dubious of the wolverine scenario. The Anchorage Fish & Wildlife states: "Wolverines can kill livestock and other small animals, but to our knowledge, there has never been a documented case of an attack on a human by a wolverine." Every article only gives brief mention to a wolverine's scent glands. None of them states that scent is used as a defensive strategy, only in marking territory and attracting mates. Powerful front claws and huge canine teeth are all that a wolverine needs to attack prey.

What could have happened to the hikers that was a relatively simple event, yet so dangerous and unexpected that they fled into the freezing night without even wearing shoes???!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version