Factual Information > Publications / Media

"There was no snowstorm": New investigation conclusions on the weather the night

<< < (2/5) > >>

Nigel Evans:

--- Quote from: Teddy on September 07, 2020, 09:19:06 AM ---We don't have to guess anymore. The new investigation is telling you exactly how strong the winds were on the night of the events. We can not come up with anything better. Prosecutor's office spent the time and resources to finalize this matter.

--- End quote ---
The expert noted that the Dyatlov pass has been studied "in meteorological terms extremely insufficiently", and information about the area is "practically absent". That is why the conclusions are circumstantial.

That doesn't sound very "finalised" to me....

There is nothing conclusive here imo. On the other side of the argument we have eye witness accounts of storm conditions in the relevant period, photographs that clearly show whiteout conditions in strong winds. Igor's last diary entry alludes to storm conditions  - "It is  hard to imagine such a comfort somewhere on the ridge, with a piercing howl of the wind".

Mountains and valleys create wind tunnels that can substantially accelerate modest airflows. Many of the reports from the rescue party in late Feb stress the strength and constancy of the wind.

Including weather reports for 600km to the south of Kholat underlines how flaky this work is. Nothing final...

Teddy:
What I meant is that the Andrey Kuryakov and his experts have considered all the data that there is to consider. We won't find more relevant information. The snow cover is a different story. I agree with Karelin on that one.

In general, you are right that it is still all very uncertain. Unfortunately, it will probably remain arguable.

Nigel Evans:
I would have thought that correlating the reports of winds from the rescue party with meteorological data at the same time would allow reasonable extrapolation backwards.

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Nigel Evans on September 07, 2020, 11:40:42 AM ---I would have thought that correlating the reports of winds from the rescue party with meteorological data at the same time would allow reasonable extrapolation backwards.

--- End quote ---

It will still be little more than a guess.  Lots of guessing in this Dyatlov mystery.

cennetkusu:
 Also, I guess there hasn't been a strong storm on that mountain since 1959. In other words, this greatly reduces the possibility that young people escape from the tent due to a very strong storm. If there was a very strong storm, it would not be possible for the tent to stay in place like this. So I strongly believe that the young people were forced out of the tent by some force. At first they resisted a great deal. But eventually they had to give up and flee from the tent. Unknown power had two purposes. First of all, the second purpose of killing those young people is to leave the bodies as they are and send a message to people !!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version