April 19, 2024, 04:08:15 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: New Book The death of nine Launton Anderson  (Read 13690 times)

January 16, 2020, 12:00:19 PM
Reply #30

Nigel Evans

Wouldn't missile fragments rip through skin exposing teeth, bones, etc.
Not if they're just being carried by the wind and gravity.

!  ?  Elaborate
Fragments of (assumed) aluminum would be of light mass relative to their (possibly large) surface area so air resistance would impede their vertical descent to possibly much less than terminal velocity (it all depends on the shape). Think of dropping a feather vs a hammer. Under strong winds their momentum should? be dominated by the sideways component (from the wind). So a small piece of aluminum waffle sheet falling from the sky might hit you at just 60mph? Enough to mark skin through clothing, cut your face etc.

January 16, 2020, 01:27:42 PM
Reply #31

Nigel Evans

!  ?  Elaborate
Fragments of (assumed) aluminum would be of light mass relative to their (possibly large) surface area so air resistance would impede their vertical descent to possibly much less than terminal velocity (it all depends on the shape). Think of dropping a feather vs a hammer. Under strong winds their momentum should? be dominated by the sideways component (from the wind). So a small piece of aluminum waffle sheet falling from the sky might hit you at just 60mph? Enough to mark skin through clothing, cut your face etc.
Note the similarity of these marks/wounds on YuriK and Igor :-

January 20, 2020, 11:33:09 AM
Reply #32

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient

!  ?  Elaborate

Assumed  [ ASSUMPTION ]  Momentum should  [  SHOULD  ]  Falling from the sky might  [  MIGHT ]   60  MPH  !  ? 
DB

January 20, 2020, 11:33:46 AM
Reply #33

sarapuk

!  ?  Elaborate
Note the similarity of these marks/wounds on YuriK and Igor :-

Doesnt prove anything  !  ?
DB

January 20, 2020, 11:50:10 AM
Reply #34

Nigel Evans

Two bodies exhibiting short parallel lines and a curve terminating in a short line at right angles is significant imo. Fits well with the missile theory. Not a proof, but a good fit.

January 20, 2020, 12:59:40 PM
Reply #35

sarapuk

Two bodies exhibiting short parallel lines and a curve terminating in a short line at right angles is significant imo. Fits well with the missile theory. Not a proof, but a good fit.

With all due respect it would be good if we could make substantial progress this year. That means we really need a bit more than good fits. Many of the Theories put forward fall short not because of the capability of the forwarder but more to do with the FACT that we are missing so much information that we really need.
DB

January 20, 2020, 01:50:58 PM
Reply #36

Nigel Evans

With all due respect it would be good if we could make substantial progress this year. That means we really need a bit more than good fits. Many of the Theories put forward fall short not because of the capability of the forwarder but more to do with the FACT that we are missing so much information that we really need.

With respect the DPI will never be solved unless the Russian government assists with it's archives. Who else can solve it?

January 23, 2020, 11:33:03 PM
Reply #37

Zorah

Okay. I am on page 38 of the Anderson book and she writes, "..the group is ascending above the tree-line. They can feel the altitude change."

bang1 cry2 twitch7

Just NO. NO. YOU DO NOT FEEL THE ALTITUDE CHANGE AT THESE HEIGHTS. You feel different above the tree-line, of course, because you are way more exposed.

I swear to god this altitude stuff is going to drive me to madness. I've just been on Amazon, Goodreads.com, and catt dahman's Facebook page, explaining (somewhat inpatiently) that it is completely impossible to be ten thousand feet above sea level in the Urals (as dahman repeatedly claims in her "book"). Their high point is actually Narodnaya at 6217 feet.

Seriously.  Who fact checks this stuff??

January 23, 2020, 11:36:47 PM
Reply #38

Star man

I think it is quite safe to rule out altitude sickness as a reason for the dpi.

Regards
Star man

January 24, 2020, 06:38:20 AM
Reply #39

Zorah

I think it is quite safe to rule out altitude sickness as a reason for the dpi.

Regards
Star man

Yes. Absolutely. I guess no one here agrees with catt dahman's nonsense. I'm still aggravated by having read her entire book in one go. The altitude outbursts may continue for a short while, but I'll recover.  grin1

February 11, 2020, 01:17:11 PM
Reply #40

Stacy Galloway

Hello Everyone,
I'm the author of the book. I'd like to clarify a few things. My main goal for writing the book was to present the original facts from the original sources.

Those sources included the original scans from the Dyatlov Foundation, original photos from hibinafiles and taina.li, maps created by Aleksander on taina.li and his own website, many of Mr. Rakitin's books which are a wealth of information, and other Russian resources to include friends who are fluent in the language.

I've included those sources in my acknowledgments and continue to publicly acknowledge them.

So, what I would like to clarify is that I did not just browse dyatlvopass.com and copy that information into a book. At the end of my book, I've included all the original autopsy reports, the original radiation report, the original transcriptions of the diaries, etc. Those reports are not an exact match to the reports here on dyatlovpass.com. I obtained the reports from the Dyatlov Pass Foundation and Hibinaud. The reports I have in the back of the book are direct translations of the original documents.

On this website, the original reports have been very well translated into English. The grammar has been fixed, typos have been fixed, and sentences have been clarified. This is wonderful! I truly wish this had been available as I wrote my book because it would have made translating the original documents so much easier.

So, kudos to this site for its comprehensive collection of Dyatlov information. If I had used original info from this website in my book I would have certainly acknowledged it. However, that is not the case.

I see that someone is concerned over the mention of 'altitude' on p.38. That is probably the only sentence in the whole book where 'altitude' is mentioned and I do not believe it played any part in the hiker's deaths. I think they were murdered. If I ever re-write the book I will probably drop that sentence since it's fluff and unnecessary.

I understand that folks here do not like the book. Most of you have been researching this case for years and are very well versed in this mystery. 'Death of Nine' was my attempt at presenting the original information in a factual way. I did not write it to support a theory. I do believe they were murdered, but there are many holes even in that theory.

I've signed up on this forum and check-marked that members can e-mail me. For anyone who feels that they wasted their money purchasing my book, please e-mail me and I will be happy to return your money via paypal or your preferred method.

Thank you everyone for your time and patience.
Stacy Galloway (pen name: Launton Anderson)

February 11, 2020, 02:22:27 PM
Reply #41

Eve24

Tim, I am disappointed that you haven't acquainted yourself with my site DYATLOVPASS.COM.
This book has copied any available source online, but just because you paid for it, I guess, it has to be better quality.
The last word in Zina’s diary mentions a mans name.
Scroll down Zina's diary https://dyatlovpass.com/zinaida-kolmogorova-diary
What does it say - Rempel
Go to Who is who, Letter R https://dyatlovpass.com/rescuers#letterr
Geee, there is Rempel.

Tim, my site has all the information there is for the case. What are you talking about clearer images and perfect book for what?
Go to the Chronology of events https://dyatlovpass.com/diaries and you will see what did the hikers write each day of their trek and what pictures did they take, and I dare say there are no better images than the ones I have published. I challenge you to show me one picture or one fact in this stupid book that I will not show you on my site. Maybe I should write all in a book and charge for it you ingrates.

I can back you up here. Most of what everyone knows is from here. Sometimes word for word. But most ppl don’t read all the documents including authors who write books on the topic I guess.

February 12, 2020, 09:29:42 AM
Reply #42

MDGross

Hello Stacy, Thank you for introducing yourself and for being forthright. This is a fascinating forum in that so many varied ideas and opinions are put forth and discussed.

Strong cases can be built for many theories, but all of them leave important questions unanswered. Explanations that involve an act of nature are simple and direct. A snow slide or gravity wind, for example, just happens. Theories that involve human intervention are more complex. Step one needs to occur, leading to step two, resulting in step three and so forth. These theories carry the hope that somewhere, somehow, documentation can be found. Dozens and dozens of actions by investigators and government officials can be seen as an attempt to coverup what happened. Or maybe not. It seems like in the Soviet Union of 1959, rules and procedures contradicted and confounded one another.

So welcome to this forum. I hope you'll share your theory. You can be sure that it will generate a wide variety of opinions.