April 27, 2024, 02:45:14 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Yuri Yudin no pain 1966  (Read 3476 times)

June 25, 2023, 11:21:15 AM
Read 3476 times

KathleenDSmith1

Well,

I understood the diaries of all, especially Yuri Yudin??? When He (Yuri) never writes about his back injury/Pain during the Dyatlov Pass and yet in 1966 you see Yuri Yudin in 1966 photographs in -20 (below, negative) degree weather ???

June 25, 2023, 12:24:41 PM
Reply #1

eurocentric

It's a trapped sciatic nerve in the spine which causes pain and numbness to radiate down what is usually one leg. Temperature isn't the issue, it can happen at any time of year, and it isn't a chronic condition, lasting 4-8 weeks.

The conditions which probably sparked his sciatica in 1959 was the bumpy journey in the back of a truck, and then the following night sleeping on the floor of a hut. If this wasn't repeated, and he'd be wary of doing anything similar, he would avoid a repeat attack, and after 7 years he'd have the confidence to try again.
My DPI approach - logic, probability and reason.

June 26, 2023, 05:37:16 PM
Reply #2

KathleenDSmith1

eurocentric

I have a Herniated disk in my lower back sciatic nerve, it was over 20 years ago?????..and it does cause pain and numbness you do not know when the nerve pain will strike, and you not realizing that temperature does make a factor, ....in Physical Therapy....HOT for movement...Cold for pain....and when you "SKI" your legs are exercised with double the strength because of ice/snow hardens and the pressure regarding your legs muscles...

Thank You
Kathleen D. Smith
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 05:52:27 PM by KathleenDSmith1 »

June 26, 2023, 06:46:23 PM
Reply #3

eurocentric

I recently had sciatica, radiating down first one leg and then both, it lasted 7 agonising weeks, with me becoming housebound. Eventually, following tests, I needed emergency surgery to protect the cauda equina nerves. No frost or snow was to be seen, I was in a centrally-heated house, and had originally been told by GPs and A&E to rest and take Ibuprofen and this would pass in under 2 months as the inflammation recedes, as is the case with most people, but unfortunately for me it turned out to be caused by something else entirely.

You may have experienced long-term complications and repeat flare-ups without surgery, but that doesn't mean Yuri Yudin did so at a young age, he may have made a full recovery and that, seven years on, gave him the confidence to continue.
My DPI approach - logic, probability and reason.

The following users thanked this post: Jean Daniel Reuss