March 18, 2024, 07:47:18 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Wolverine  (Read 31595 times)

March 22, 2019, 03:08:56 AM
Read 31595 times

Teddy

Administrator
Wolverine (lat. Gulo gulo) - a large representative of the mustelids subfamily. They love to eat, for which they got their name in Latin: translated Gulo - glutton. The weight of an adult individual ranges from 11 to 30 kg. They are kmown for their fierce and cruel temper. It is also the only beast that does not run away from danger, but attacks first. There are cases when a 30-pound beast has torn a bear, and there is a constant hunt for elks. And it's not just the character of the fighter. In addition to sharp claws, teeth and powerful jaws have a “secret weapon”. Like a skunk, if absolutely necessary, they can spray a rather stinky liquid - a discharge from special glands. Facts this theory is based on:
  • Testimonies of traces seen in the area (case file sheet 231 - Anyamov witness testimony)
  • The group was eating at the time when something made them flee the tent, they were cutting loin, the smell of food had a hypnotic effect on a hungry, voracious beast.
  • The wolverine tried to climb inside the tent through the main entrance, most likely, the reaction of tourists was to drive the predator away by hitting the beast with all sorts of objects, including their cameras, hence the broken light filter on Krivonischenko's and deep scratches on the case and torn strap on Slobodin's cameras (case file back of sheet 5 - Crime scene investigation report).
  • The wolverine tries to escape and gets entangled in the tarpaulin of the tent. Once trapped, the wolverine splashes its “chemical weapons” indoors. In a matter of minutes, the tent is filled with unbearable stench. Chaos reigns inside the camp, dark, unbearably stinks. Chaos begins. It is impossible to get out through the main passage - a beast entangled in a tarpaulin is scared and no less than the hikers, but much more dangerous. At the same time, a staying inside the tent is impossible. Someone decides on radical measures and cuts the slant of the tent. The group gets out and gradually moves away going down the slope. Here the hikers are planning to make a fire, warm up and air out.
  • Despite the fact that they left the tent quickly, as if fleeing from someone, they walk slowly along the slope.
  • Someone throws off their outer clothing (case file sheet 70 - Maslennikov witness testimony), apparently trying to get rid of the unbearable stench. No one wants to return to the tent soon. Most likely, everyone understood that it was necessary to simply leave the predator alone to get out of the tent and then return. In the meantime, decided to warm up by the fire.
  • Events began to develop in the evening, first, the hikers dined not later than 7 PM, and secondly, the weather in the evening of February 1 beat the temperature record of warming. Meteorological reports showed a value of -10°C, but with the onset of night and the approach of the Arctic cyclone, the temperature dramatically drops to -28°C degrees.
  • The theory calls the strange color of the faces and hands witnessed by Kolevatov's sister at their funerals (case file sheet 272 - Kolevatova witness testimony).
    I personally don't see how the wolverine secretion can stay evenly over hikers faces and hands, but this is the least of my problems with this theory. (ed. note)
  • The search dogs behavior was remembered by a pilot to be strange. According to his words they didn't want to get out of the helicopter. The dog handlers had to drag them out. The theory is that the search dog were appalled by the wolverine odor.

March 22, 2019, 05:00:14 AM
Reply #1

GeneralFailure

I'm pretty sure that this smell doesn't go away so easy (cat owner here ;) ) , so the search teams would have felt the smell.
For example if the cat pees on some shoes, they are compromised and I must throw them to garbage. The smells remains for years... (in fact I don't know if it ever disappears)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 05:16:21 AM by GeneralFailure »

March 22, 2019, 05:25:32 AM
Reply #2

WAB

I'm pretty sure that this smell doesn't go away so easy (cat owner here ;) ) , so the search teams would have felt the smell.
For example if the cat pees on some shoes, they are compromised and I must throw them to garbage. The smells remains for years... (in fact I don't know if it ever disappears)

1.The Smell  glutton (or wolverene) much more proof than a smell of a cat.
2.Even if it is a smell has been muffled by a frost, it should feel in Ivdel when tent and things placed in Office of Public Prosecutor.
3.We saw traces of glutton on March, 12th when we came back from cedar to road to "Ilyich base". Traces have come out of the wood have approached almost to the top of vegetation and have gone back to wood. Therefore it is clear that the glutton in completely woodless place does not go. To it there it absolutely nothing do. About same me told local Mansi.

March 22, 2019, 11:53:38 AM
Reply #3

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
I really can not see any way that a Wolverine or even a pack of them could be responsible for the Dyatlov Incident. One Wolverine on its own could be dealt with by 9 ADULTS. Several Wolverines could also be dealt with. I think too much as been made of the reputation of these animals. They may be fierce but they are also relatively small. A big Bear may have some difficulty with them because the Bear may not move as nimbly as say a HUMAN. But even a Bear could easily dispatch a Wolverine. Therefore a Wolverine or a pack of them is not going to force 9 ADULTS to abandon their means of survival and walk a mile poorly clothed and equipped. And also if any one was attacked by a Wolverine they would definitely fight back and inflict injury or death on the animal or animals.
DB

The following users thanked this post: ElizabethHarris

March 24, 2019, 03:53:29 PM
Reply #4

Star man

If the tent was actually cut, then it's possible there was someone or something at the entrance, blocking their route out.  We seem to have all but ruled out a large predator, so coul it have been a Wolverine?  Personally I can't see it.  There were axes, knives that could have been used to dispatch it.

I also think the scent would still be on the tent when they recovered it.

Regards
Star man

April 11, 2019, 02:54:01 PM
Reply #5

Radim

If the tent was actually cut, then it's possible there was someone or something at the entrance, blocking their route out.  We seem to have all but ruled out a large predator, so coul it have been a Wolverine?  Personally I can't see it.  There were axes, knives that could have been used to dispatch it.

I also think the scent would still be on the tent when they recovered it.

Regards
Star man

If 400 kgs elk starts to stomping to your tent, then you will probably want to escape also fast...

April 18, 2019, 07:28:12 AM
Reply #6

Marchesk

If 400 kgs elk starts to stomping to your tent, then you will probably want to escape also fast...

There would also probably be evidence that a 400 kgs elk was in the area. Same with a bear. There were no animal tracks found in the area by the search party or the investigation. A large animal being responsible is even less likely than other people on the mountain, because other people can cover their tracks, which animals don't care to do.

April 18, 2019, 07:57:48 AM
Reply #7

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
And yet the pork and bread within the tent remain untouched for weeks.    wink1

Now, maybe its just Americans, but imagine this with 9 fit hickers armed with big knives, a machete, and ice axes.   nea1

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:08:52 AM by Loose}{Cannon »
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

July 08, 2020, 11:01:53 AM
Reply #8

firefox

It was a wolverine on board a UFO, with a Yeti on board that shoots infrasound waves...

July 09, 2020, 01:09:23 PM
Reply #9

sarapuk

It was a wolverine on board a UFO, with a Yeti on board that shoots infrasound waves...

Or maybe a YETI dropped off by a UFO to do the scary stuff.
DB

March 20, 2021, 09:47:14 PM
Reply #10

Игорь Б.

Link to the original source:
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=47286

Evidence of the death of the Dyatlov group from the Wolverine chemical weapon:
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=69286

Common misconceptions about wolverine and its chemical weapon:
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=91970

P.S. This man knows what happened to the Dyatlov group:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 01:00:00 AM by Игорь Б. »
An example of the impact of chemical weapons of a skunk (wolverine) in a tent:
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=117054

March 23, 2021, 01:03:01 AM
Reply #11

Ziljoe

Link to the original source:
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=47286

Evidence of the death of the Dyatlov group from the Wolverine chemical weapons:
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=69286

Common misconceptions about wolverine and its chemical weapons:

P.S. This man knows what happened to the Dyatlov group:

Igor B .  This is the most convincing theory for me. Excellent work , very detailed and a lot of research . Step by step analysis to rib fractures , clothes, injuries,chronology of deaths and events. The photos and locations are extremely easy to understand. I cannot find a fault in anything you have wrote.A very satisfying explanation. Plus a lot of new information for me.

March 28, 2021, 03:51:34 AM
Reply #12

Игорь Б.

1.The Smell  glutton (or wolverene) much more proof than a smell of a cat.
2.Even if it is a smell has been muffled by a frost, it should feel in Ivdel when tent and things placed in Office of Public Prosecutor.
3.We saw traces of glutton on March, 12th when we came back from cedar to road to "Ilyich base". Traces have come out of the wood have approached almost to the top of vegetation and have gone back to wood. Therefore it is clear that the glutton in completely woodless place does not go. To it there it absolutely nothing do. About same me told local Mansi.
Common misconceptions about wolverine and its chemical weapon:

March 28, 2021, 03:54:32 AM
Reply #13

Игорь Б.

The wolverine is perhaps one of the least studied large carnivores in the world. Many people do not know that Wolverine has exactly the same chemical weapons as the skunk. The authors of this film don't know about it either (In English):

Phantom Wolverine

March 28, 2021, 09:31:19 AM
Reply #14

Ziljoe

Hi Игорь Б.

Can you post your links in English? I think people are having problems with translating when opening the links? I think I could copy and paste some. With your permission. I don't what the educate is on forums? Its your material.

March 28, 2021, 10:50:02 AM
Reply #15

Игорь Б.

Hi. I don't speak English. It's better if you translate from Russian than me. In the event of a translation error, it will be easier for you to guess the correct translation than for me.

March 28, 2021, 11:26:47 AM
Reply #16

Ziljoe

Спасибо Игорь Б.

Очень мило с Вашей стороны. На самом деле перевод, похоже, очень удачный. Я не хочу отдавать должное вашим исследованиям и работе. Все это звучит очень правдоподобно. На данный момент я не уверен в расширенных зрачках, но все еще читаю много вашей информации.

Thank you Игорь Б.

That's very kind of you. Actually the translation seems to come across very well. I don't want to take credit for your research and work. It all sounds very plausible. I am unsure about the dilated pupils at the moment but I am still reading through a lot of your information.

March 28, 2021, 09:40:47 PM
Reply #17

Игорь Б.

Why did only two people notice the yellow-orange stains on the clothes - Doroshenko's mother and Colonel Ortyukov?
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=85577

March 29, 2021, 06:11:36 PM
Reply #18

Игорь Б.

March 30, 2021, 07:07:10 PM
Reply #19

Игорь Б.

The skin color of the corpses has nothing to do with the wolverine's chemical weapons.
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=52440

January 08, 2022, 05:13:14 PM
Reply #20

ElizabethHarris

1 wolverine killed 9 people?

January 08, 2022, 06:00:43 PM
Reply #21

Ziljoe

Have you got a sister called Dona?

The following users thanked this post: Morski, marieuk, RMK

January 09, 2022, 12:20:09 AM
Reply #22

Morski

"Truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it." Mark Twain

January 13, 2022, 07:33:52 AM
Reply #23

ElizabethHarris

Who is Dona?

June 18, 2022, 09:31:25 AM
Reply #24

Игорь Б.

Обратил внимание, что американцы совсем перестали интересоваться расследованием гибели группы Дятлова.
Полагаю, дело в том, что многие американцы лично на себе испытали ужасную вонь скунса. И когда они узнали, что и росомаха обладает точно таким же химическим оружием как и скунс им стала ясна причина оставления палатки и одежды, как никому другому и они покинули тему.

June 18, 2022, 03:16:15 PM
Reply #25

Jean Daniel Reuss

Reply #24

The wolverine theory from Igor B. has the great merit of being coherent and complete.

However, it remains difficult to understand for me because its exposition is scattered among the 2231 posts that are spread over the 113 web pages of the site:

http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133

So, in summary, a wolverine, which is an aggressive animal, very active and which eats a lot, gets into the tent and pushes the hikers away thanks to its unbearable smell.
Then all the hikers die.

What I did not understand is why afterwards everything happens as if the wolverine mysteriously disappears.

She has corpses at her disposal which are nourishing and abundant food for her and yet she doesn't touch them, except maybe a little piece of Krivonischenko's nose

What happened? A wolverine is however a clever and intelligent animal, always interested in finding all kinds of meat.
Jean Daniel Reuss

Rational guidance =

• There is nothing supernatural and mysterious about the injuries suffered by the Dyatlov group. They are all consistent with an attack by a group of professional killers who wanted to take the lives of the nine  [Per Inge Oestmoen].

• Now let us search for answers to: WHO ? WHY ? HOW ?

• The scenario must be consistent with the historical, political and psychological  contexts.

• The solution takes in consideration all known findings.

June 18, 2022, 04:29:46 PM
Reply #26

Игорь Б.

Ответы на некоторые заблуждения по поводу версии с росомахой.

"Если бы там была росомаха, она объела бы трупы и съела продукты":
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=51049

June 19, 2022, 12:35:55 AM
Reply #27

Ziljoe

Igor explains it in his 113 pages. It is not as large as it seems and he links all the questions you ask. I find it absolutely bewildering that you have difficulty navigating from his explanation and Igor b's exposition is quite simple.

1:The Dyatlov group camp on the slope.(bad weather)

2:Wolverine finds its way into to the tent. Not to attack the group but just following it's nose and the smell of food.( Igor supplies examples and statements of other campers experiencing the Wolverine entering their tent. )

3: Panic by the group and by the Wolverine occur in the tent.

4:The Wolverine does not attack/ fight in this situation,it is not a fighting beast in that respect. The Wolverine is as scared/surprised by the encounter as the group. When the Wolverine (like a skunk) feels threatened or can't escape, it's immediate , instinctive reaction when in a extreme difficult situation , is to spray it's chemical toxic defensive weapon. A last resort. ( There are numerous videos on YouTube of the Wolverine fighting wolves etc ) but when in a situation that it can't control, the Wolverine will spray.

5: Igor B's hypothesis is that the the toxic spray is the reason for the exit of the tent. Not the fighting or threat from the animal but the chemical reaction , like a tear gas grenade. This is a strong odour that hurts the eyes and lungs. Given the possibility that it happened directly in the tent would only amplify the toxic spray. ( Just watch some riot videos and see what happens)

6: with this confusion and the fact that the Dyatlov group would know little about what just happened ,they left their belongings , leaving their equipment and discarding their sprayed clothing behind. Having suffered the irritant in its strongest dosage in a confined space, approaching the tent would add to the suffering to the group. ( By the way, skunk spray can knock a dog out) .

7: At this point we can forget the Wolverine, it's gone, it's ran off into the wilderness. The possibility of spray by the Wolverine also gives valadility to the reference of behaviour of the search dogs not willing to exit the helicopter. This is a indication of odd behaviour, also the fact that this was note worthy as to have been documented is interesting to me.

8:  as the foot prints show,the group left the tent and went towards the treeline..  Igor b then  explains /expands on what followed. It was a series of unfortunate events and the cold. He continues  by explaining why some had frostbite and others didn't for example and Why the ribs are broken in the way they were , as there are a number of different ways ribs break .....and the devil is in the detail.....( his 113 pages are linked to evidence based practice or medical examples) . There are explanations to the hand injuries, the body positions and why they occurred as a result of hypothermia.. (I have also found links to fractures of skulls from freezing ) .

---------------------------------------------------------------

In fact, Igor b"s explanation of the bodies and why they were found in their relative positions/ conditions is more interesting than the Wolverine part of the hypothesis. I would argue that his account of what followed the exit of the tent is the most  conclusive part of his argument against foul play / outsiders/ government badmen . 

Below is copied from Igor b's link. There is more than I have shown as it links to examples . But the Wolverine only plays a small part , it is the toxic stink that makes them leave the tent and it is that stink that stops them from returning to the tent .

------------------------------------------------------------------

Answers to some misconceptions about the wolverine version.

"If there was a wolverine, it would eat the corpses and eat the food."

Practically excluded and immediately for several reasons:

1. Stink.
From the tent and tourists smelled no longer of prey, but of the enemy. And the wolverine must distinguish between its own "marking" and "combat" smells (otherwise, why would it need different glands):

Otherwise, instead of the marked with her stash, she will again smell her recent enemy, from whom she barely swept her legs. Thus, a wolverine can mark his stash with a marking gland, urine, excrement, but never with the fluid of a fighting gland.

Products sprayed with the liquid of the battle gland will not be eaten by anyone, including the wolverine herself.
Not only because of the stench, but also because the mercaptans that make up this liquid are toxic.

2. Tearing
In addition to the stench, this weapon, due to its causticity, also has the properties of tear gas, whose effects in a confined space can last for several days:
For a week they could not enter the basement after the skunk attack without crying.

3. Fright.
Wolverine rarely uses his "chemical weapon" and if she did, then she was very scared. Why should she return to where she fled in fright?d it's defence weapon . It will not comeback to eat anything , neither will any other animal come near the bodies. ( Again , the
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 12:48:59 AM by Ziljoe »

The following users thanked this post: Игорь Б.

June 19, 2022, 12:52:36 AM
Reply #28

Игорь Б.

Ziljoe, большое спасибо за разъяснения на английском языке. Я думаю, русский язык для многих иностранцев является препятствием к пониманию.

The following users thanked this post: Ziljoe

June 20, 2022, 10:53:46 AM
Reply #29

Игорь Б.

Even then there's no excuse for not taking all the coats (that were presumably sprayed), and towels with them.
Я не знаю, что они говорят (перевод субтитров ужасен), но я вижу, что они избавляются от одежды:
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=105709
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=108590

Вещи, которые сразу же не вынесли из палатки с каждой секундой пребывания в очаге поражения всё больше и больше пропитывались вонью и стали совершенно непригодными к использованию кем-то ни было. Напомню, что непосредственное попадание жидкости на вещи необязательно:
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=56307

Чтобы воспользоваться вещами, их нужно было выкидывать из палатки сразу же, мгновенно. Счёт шёл не на минуты, а буквально на секунды. Конечно дятловцы растерялись. Пока они выбежали из палатки, пока размышляли что делать дальше, время было упущено.