March 28, 2024, 04:15:02 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: They could NOT have been crushed by snow!  (Read 27289 times)

March 27, 2021, 07:38:03 AM
Reply #30

Dona

"...first place found with the flooring of clothes and branches didn't seem be a cave. "

Why not? It is the first thing to do in a survival situation.. They would know that

March 27, 2021, 07:42:27 AM
Reply #31

Dona

"...They went in to a space formed by the snow. Maybe dug it out a little, chipping away at the edges."

Possibly, but, they were perpendicular to the stream..

March 27, 2021, 07:51:05 AM
Reply #32

Ziljoe

"...first place found with the flooring of clothes and branches didn't seem be a cave. "

Why not? It is the first thing to do in a survival situation.. They would know that

I don't think anyone knows the chronological order of events. It might of been  difficult to build/dig a cave without tools. They might have been able to hollow out the den with their legs and feet etc. I believe there were socks scattered at the ceder and I have thought they might have improvised and used them as gloves and the fire might have been started to try and dry wet clothes hence why some were removed and charred. The Yuri's might have been trying to get the longer branches from the ceder to try and create a roof for the den. They could only break/cut the small birch and fur.

Perhaps the others found the slightly better over hang/cave at the stream and that went wrong with the collapse....

March 27, 2021, 07:53:23 AM
Reply #33

Ziljoe

"...They went in to a space formed by the snow. Maybe dug it out a little, chipping away at the edges."

I'm not sure if that's a problem.

March 27, 2021, 07:57:06 AM
Reply #34

Dona

Because the snow would have dipped in the middle.. Sounds like a rookie mistake.. Is that plausible?

March 27, 2021, 08:12:13 AM
Reply #35

Ziljoe

Because the snow would have dipped in the middle.. Sounds like a rookie mistake.. Is that plausible?

Not sure what you mean by snow dipping in the middle. Do you mean the ground dipping?

March 27, 2021, 08:14:20 AM
Reply #36

Dona

March 27, 2021, 08:34:19 AM
Reply #37

Ziljoe

Yes...  and the snow..
by

I would hazard a guess that they were lying/resting  perpendicular to the stream. There's no way to tell if there was a dip under them or if it was relatively flat. I don't know if the streams totally freeze but that probably varies throughout the season and years.

They could of been in there 5 minutes or 5 hours before it collapsed. I can't formulate another explanation as to the injuries and why they were under so much snow. It also interesting as you have highlighted ,how the ravine four injuries differ from the others.

March 27, 2021, 08:51:06 AM
Reply #38

Dona

They were under  snow because it snowed! LOL It snows room February to May.. And the area is known for high drifts, I heard.. Apparently so as the tent is only under about , 2 feet of snow..

According to autopsy reports, the injuries occurred while they were alive..So, couldn't have been too long..

March 27, 2021, 08:56:08 AM
Reply #39

Dona

I dont know.. was the mountain itself under 12 feet of snow in May..

March 27, 2021, 09:10:17 AM
Reply #40

Ziljoe

They were under  snow because it snowed! LOL It snows room February to May.. And the area is known for high drifts, I heard.. Apparently so as the tent is only under about , 2 feet of snow..

According to autopsy reports, the injuries occurred while they were alive..So, couldn't have been too long..

I believe it snows long before February.
The tent was  reported to have only 200mm on top, a healthy 8 inches when found.

A lot of the snow had thawed by may.

The snow on the mountain is not that deep other than the hollows and dips as the wind blows it away. It will drift and fill up depressions .

They might have been in the snow shelter alive for a number of hours. It was the collapse that caused the injuries that led to their deaths.

March 27, 2021, 09:11:18 AM
Reply #41

Ziljoe

Are you having a laugh?

March 27, 2021, 09:17:35 AM
Reply #42

Dona

Are you having a laugh?

LOL Noo.. just saying.. I agree. It was drifts.

Ohh  live for hours THEN it collapsed.. I see.. Thats possible.. Except..lol..  why are they separated in 2 locations..

March 27, 2021, 09:20:56 AM
Reply #43

Ziljoe

why are they separated in 2 locations..

Who are separated? Lol

March 27, 2021, 09:22:42 AM
Reply #44

Dona

The 4 in the ravine..  the other s  at the snow cave, stick area..

March 27, 2021, 09:39:58 AM
Reply #45

Ziljoe

There were 4 in the ravine in the stream , under the snow.

The den with branches for flooring was close by. This has been suggested as close as 1 meter to 6 meters from the 4 in the ravine .

50 meters away was the ceder where the two Yuri's and fire was found.

Then 3 were found on the slope separated looking like they were going back to the tent.

The general back story is on the main website page. Lots of photos :0)

March 27, 2021, 09:43:18 AM
Reply #46

Dona

This website is supporting the tree theory.

March 27, 2021, 09:56:09 AM
Reply #47

Ziljoe

The website gives lots of links and ideas. It has a list of theories. From yeti, UFO, balls of light, rockets, murder, chemical attacks etc .

Also on this forum.

March 27, 2021, 09:56:36 AM
Reply #48

Manti

Well, a falling tree can also explain the ravine 4's injuries.

The problem is, where did that tree go? Suppose the party doing the coverup airlifted a fallen tree by helicopter?

And according to that theory, only 6 of them were "placed" which I have to admit I don't fully understand yet, as that would involve one of the ravine four but not the other three.. So the tree must have fallen there? But who would set up camp in a stream?

March 27, 2021, 10:01:02 AM
Reply #49

Dona

I think the tree theory has the bodies being moved..away from the tree..

March 27, 2021, 10:03:25 AM
Reply #50

Dona

The website gives lots of links and ideas. It has a list of theories. From yeti, UFO, balls of light, rockets, murder, chemical attacks etc .

Also on this forum.

Yes. No one theory  has any  more credence than any other, at this point.

March 27, 2021, 10:04:39 AM
Reply #51

Dona

I dont have a theory.. I m still fact checking..

March 27, 2021, 10:33:53 AM
Reply #52

Ziljoe

Well, a falling tree can also explain the ravine 4's injuries.

The problem is, where did that tree go? Suppose the party doing the coverup airlifted a fallen tree by helicopter?

And according to that theory, only 6 of them were "placed" which I have to admit I don't fully understand yet, as that would involve one of the ravine four but not the other three.. So the tree must have fallen there? But who would set up camp in a stream?

I have yet to explore Teddy's book. I'm stuck on the cover up theory as I just can't understand what the motive would be. This might be explained in teddy's book.

I'm quite taken with Igor B's explanation of everything with the Wolverine entering the tent and causing havoc with its chemical spray. He goes to extraordinary detail on every aspect of the bodies and the autopsies. Why the clothes were scattered at the tent .I'm still trying to find holes but can't.

March 27, 2021, 10:36:32 AM
Reply #53

Dona

Teddys theory states that they were hit by a fallen tree that  was knocked down by geologist working in the area. So they moved the tent and the bodies to point away from them.

March 27, 2021, 10:38:13 AM
Reply #54

Dona

Woverine? Why didnt it follow them.. Why didnt they kill it?  There was 9 of them.. I dont know.

I havent looked into that one..But I would think its all supposition..

March 27, 2021, 02:51:19 PM
Reply #55

Manti

The searchers noted there were no animal tracks in the area.. if the DG's tracks were preserved then a wolverine track would also be preserved, no?

March 27, 2021, 02:57:55 PM
Reply #56

Ziljoe

The searchers noted there were no animal tracks in the area.. if the DG's tracks were preserved then a wolverine track would also be preserved, no?

I would have thought so. I have seen snow prints on the internet of a Wolverine. However, it may have followed the ski tracks , or the snow was too hard? They have large fat feet for their size so don't make much of an imprint. I would have thought over the 3 weeks that any sort of prints would have been erased. 

March 27, 2021, 03:21:21 PM
Reply #57

Manti

It is true they are much lighter than a human so might not leave prints in harder snow..

I have another objection... wolverines mostly eat carrion... If there was one in the area, wouldn't the corpses have bites? I have read that wolverines have special teeth so they are even able to feed on frozen meat. And also their food is most scarce in winter so they'd be desperate.

March 27, 2021, 06:08:22 PM
Reply #58

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Fail? What??? Why would you say that?

What brings them to the Ravine area  !  ?  What brought them to the Cedar Tree ! ? What made them abandon their safety refuge, the Tent. Why are they not properly dressed or equipped ! ? Something did all this. So what makes you think that they would survive in a Snow Den ! ? Dont forget they are not  in a normal sort of situation. Something extraordinary happened.
DB

March 27, 2021, 06:09:37 PM
Reply #59

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
"A properly made snow cave can be 0 °C (32 °F) or warmer inside, even when outside temperatures are −40 °C (−40 °F)."

Yes I think a lot of Members know that.
DB