March 28, 2024, 11:02:57 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Lost boots  (Read 3550 times)

February 14, 2022, 11:56:30 AM
Read 3550 times

Osi

Only 8 ski boots were found at all venues, including the tent inventory. There should have been 9 ski boots. Semyon and Tibo left their wet ski boots in the tent on their way into the forest. They wore Valenki. Because 7 pairs of valenki were found in the tent. Who was wearing the 9th boot that wasn't in the tent? We know that there are no boots in and around the tent. Then who was the 3rd person who went to the forest with Semyon and Tibo?... And how did he lose his boots there? Presumably, this person fell from a very high place into an icy creek. He was seriously injured. His feet watered. His friends pulled him out of the creek and covered his feet with cloth to avoid hypothermia. And they forgot the boots in the creek bed. Judging from the wounds she received and the bandages on her legs...was this unfortunate person Lyutmila?
A real jolt is better than a wrong balance.

February 14, 2022, 12:34:37 PM
Reply #1

Ziljoe

Radio message sent by the search team:
“2 March – At 18.30 hrs the group of Slobtsov and the Mansi, Kourikov, found Dyatlov’s depot 400 m from the rescue camp. In the storage were nineteen items of food with a total weight of 55 kg. Also found were some medical supplies and Dyatlov’s warm outer boots, plus one pair of spare ski boots, a mandolin, a set of batteries and a lamp, and a mounting set. The storage depot was found 500 meters below the top edge of the forest, in the upper sources of Auspiya river.”

February 14, 2022, 12:46:34 PM
Reply #2

Osi

I know that boat. It was Dyatlov's spare boat. (male boat) I meant the boat that wasn't at the scene. Tent, cedar, den and slope.

February 14, 2022, 05:05:55 PM
Reply #3

Manti

There should have been 9 ski boots. Semyon and Tibo left their wet ski boots in the tent on their way into the forest. They wore Valenki.
Semyon was found wearing boots, this is in the case files.

And how did he lose his boots there? Presumably, this person fell from a very high place into an icy creek. He was seriously injured.
There is no creek and there was no high place around it anywhere in that area. Please look at maps of the incident area (modern maps, satellite images, etc.) and read the the case files.

February 14, 2022, 10:10:48 PM
Reply #4

Osi

Valenki or burqa ..doesn't matter, but not ski boots.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 11:55:46 PM by Osi »

February 14, 2022, 10:20:59 PM
Reply #5

Osi

There should have been 9 ski boots. Semyon and Tibo left their wet ski boots in the tent on their way into the forest. They wore Valenki.
Semyon was found wearing boots, this is in the case files.

And how did he lose his boots there? Presumably, this person fell from a very high place into an icy creek. He was seriously injured.
There is no creek and there was no high place around it anywhere in that area. Please look at maps of the incident area (modern maps, satellite images, etc.) and read the the case files.
In modern photographs taken in summer, there are valleys of 2-3 meters in the upper springs of Lozvan, with a slope of 40 degrees. When it snows, this height rises to 6 -7 meters. I trust my knowledge of geography, cartography and terrain.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 12:02:30 AM by Osi »

February 15, 2022, 08:08:41 AM
Reply #6

Manti

Valenki or burqa ..doesn't matter, but not ski boots.

Please read the case files. He was found in boots. Not valenki.

February 15, 2022, 09:06:27 AM
Reply #7

Osi

Ok . Manti. I do not know about ski sports and equipment. Please inform me. Semyon ; Was he skiing in his Burka boots found at the crime scene?
Dyatlovpass.com
Tent
March 3, 1959 at Ivdel airport all things from the location where the tent was found were spread out and protocoled: 9 parka, 8 quilted jackets (vatnik), 1 fur jacket, 2 fur sleeveless vests, 4 shell pants, 1 cotton pants, 4 Scarf, 13 pairs of gloves (fur, cloth and leather), 8 pairs of ski boots, 7 pcs boots (valenki), 2 pairs of slippers, 8 pairs of gaiters, 3 skating caps, 1 fur hat, 2 felt beret, 3 compass, 1 pocket watch, 2 Finnish knives (Tibo's and Krivo's) in their parkas, Kolevatov's Finnish knife in black leather sheath, 3 axes (2 large and 1 small in a leather case), 19 pcs overboots, 2 buckets, 2 pot, 2 flasks, 1 first aid kit. There was also a significant number of small items (socks, foot clothes, masks, toothbrushes) taken out of the backpacks, making it difficult to determine who did they belong to.
Special boots with supporting mechanism are produced for skiing. You cannot ski with ordinary boots. This website is my only source. and 8 ski boots are listed here.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 09:55:01 AM by Osi »

February 15, 2022, 01:29:50 PM
Reply #8

Manti

Well, I have to apologize.. it looks like I'm wrong: https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-349-351?rbid=17743
Zolotaryov was found in felt boots.

February 15, 2022, 06:25:51 PM
Reply #9

marieuk

Makes sense, but wasn't the tent entrance found buttoned up apart from one button?  If some are waiting to go in/out I'm guessing the entrance would be undone?  Or is this another myth? 

February 16, 2022, 10:55:39 AM
Reply #10

Manti

I think they could have unbuttoned the tent, some people exit, then they button it up again to keep the wind out.

But then those who are outside spotted danger and tell the others to get out immediately. Maybe..

February 16, 2022, 07:39:50 PM
Reply #11

marieuk

Hi Charles and Manti

Thank you both for explaining.  It makes more sense to me now.  So many little details with different accounts of what actually happened!

The following users thanked this post: Manti