March 28, 2024, 11:18:32 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Yudin's conclusions on clothing  (Read 9741 times)

September 03, 2020, 04:09:03 AM
Read 9741 times

Teddy

Administrator
Dyatlov was found in an unbuttoned fur sleeveless vest - outer side blue cotton, inner side dark grey fur. It belonged to Yudin. Case files say he left the vest to Kolevatov, but Yudin himself said in 2008 he gave it to Doroshenko when they parted in 2nd Northern. This letter sheds light on the manner case files were signed and investigation was conducted. Galina Sazonova has also made a point of more discrepancies in the Resolution to close the case. It is not necessarily indicative of a cover up (or is it?), just the way things were back in 1959. You trust the organs to do the right thing. Then changes come and we no longer find it proper, we try to find a motive, looking in all directions.

Yudin's conclusions on clothing

Dear Aleксander! I am answering Olga's questions from the TAU forum.

• About wadded quilts and fur jackets.
    According to the inventory, there were 6 of them in the tent and one was in S. Kolevatov's backpack.
    In the tent was I. Dyatlov's leather fur jacket with a zipper. K. Thibault was found in a fur jacket (I think his own). Total = 9 pcs.
    As for the inconsistency in the inventory, he has a quilted jacket, then perhaps this is an incorrect entry by investigator Ivanov. He wrote the inventory as he needed in his own handwriting. He wrote that I gave my fur sleeveless vest to S. Kolevatov, while I gave it at the 2nd Northern to Y. Doroshenko.
    He attributed to me that I allegedly identified the intimate parts of Zina's clothing and what the first five bodies were found in, but naturally I could not do this since I was not present at the autopsy and undressing of the bodies... I was naive and signed the inventory without reading it, firmly believing in the actions of the investigator.

• About the headwear: Y. Doroshenko and S. Zolotaryov wore earflaps, K. Thibault fur hat, in addition, according to my inventory, there were 7 woolen hats, which provided protection even in severe frost.

• About the shoes at the camp site: there were 5 pairs of felt boots, Zolotaryov had quilted soft wadded boots without soles (burki) for sleeping, in the tent there were also two pairs of fur covers and two pairs of cloth house slippers. At the campfire sites they stayed in inner boots with covers on them.

• I can't say anything about the sweaters.

• About storm pants: Y. Doroshenko probably had them and remained in the tent, and Ivanov wrote them down to Kolevatov.
    5 storm trousers were found in the tent, S. Kolevatov was found in storm trousers in May, S. Zolotaryov was found in overalls in May.
    A total of 7 canvas trousers. Girls in our time did not like to walk in clumsy oversized canvas trousers. Apparently, they did not take them on the trek.

• According to the prosecutor's office dated May 6, 1959, it can be understood that Kolevatov was wearing a storm suit. But from the photo, where he is transported to the helicopter, only storm trousers (most likely his own) are visible, and the storm jacket is no longer visible, only a ski jacket with a burnt sleeve. According to my inventory, all 9 storms were in the tent.

• As for S. Kolevatov's birthday, I can't comment anything. From the context of the group's diary, it looks like they celebrated his birthday on January 30, I have no doubts about it.

Respectfully   Y. Yudin (signature)     May 14, 2008
I attach 2 copies of a power of attorney.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 06:43:11 AM by Teddy »

September 03, 2020, 08:44:27 AM
Reply #1

Teddy

Administrator
But this is not quite it.
Doroshenko had borrowed the same type vest from a friend before the trek. This is a line from the protocol of identification of the items by relatives:
Case file 240 (back)
3. Sleeveless fur vest borrowed from Farid Gaynutdinov, course R-463

In the protocol of the items found in the tent Yudin said that the following items belonged to Kolevatov. Note that they were not found on Kolevatov, so Yudin could have been easily mistaken. This could be Doroshenko's vest, and he could have unwillingly contributed to the mess in the case files. Ivanov is not solely to blame.
Case files 16
8. Identified as Kolevatov's belongings: black backpack.
Blanket of soldier cloth, jackets and pants, fur vest...

On the other hand Kolevatov's relatives did not identify any such vest, so it must belong to someone else.