March 19, 2024, 02:12:41 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Specific details  (Read 44661 times)

August 30, 2019, 10:14:49 AM
Reply #150

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
His hands were clutching a sapling branch IIRC.
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

August 30, 2019, 10:33:00 AM
Reply #151

Nigel Evans

His position is a curiosity.

August 30, 2019, 10:45:07 AM
Reply #152

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
His position is a curiosity.

And his ankles have injuries that 'could' be attributed to being tied together.

August 30, 2019, 11:32:36 AM
Reply #153

Nigel Evans

Or innocent causes.

August 30, 2019, 11:35:21 AM
Reply #154

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
'Could' is the key word.

Although its hard to think of anything else that would cause said injuries.   okey1

August 30, 2019, 11:48:20 AM
Reply #155

Nigel Evans

'Could' is the key word.

Although its hard to think of anything else that would cause said injuries.   okey1
The ankles could have been from stumbling through brambles etc.

August 30, 2019, 12:21:37 PM
Reply #156

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
brambles

Perhaps, but then this would suggest he had nothing protecting the lower extremities of his legs which simply is not the case. One would assume scratching from brambles etc would have to go through the clothing to get to the skin.  I dont think he was running around the Urals in negative temps but-naked, and he was found having well covered lower legs.

August 30, 2019, 05:24:17 PM
Reply #157

PghRunner

Urine related question: does anyone know why a full bladder is consistent with hypothermia?  I thought that in the third stage of hypothermia, the body functions start to slow, i.e. respiration. 

The only reason I ask is because I recently listened to a podcast on the murder of Cheryl Fergeson in Conroe, Texas, in 1981.  Long story short, no weapons were found at the scene--the bathroom in the high school) and she had the imprint of her crucifix necklace on her back.  They correlated cause of death of strangulation based on the amount of urine in her bladder: she had gone into use the rest room and was attacked as she left.  It takes approximately three minutes for someone to die from strangulation.  The bladder fills with 2mL of urine per minute (I think; sorry, I listened to it around two weeks ago and am going from memory) and she was found to have 6mL of urine in her bladder. 

Just more musings.  I'll have to find the exact equation and try to correlate to the findings in the autopsy reports.  It wouldn't solve anything, but might add to a timeline.

Also curious: is there any notation of wounds to anyone's palms?  I looked over Dyatlov's autopsy report and am only seeing the notations about the back of his hand and knuckles.  If he could have sustained injuries at his ankles from stumbling around, wouldn't he also have injuries on his palms?
We're all stories in the end....so make it a good one, eh?

August 31, 2019, 02:06:03 AM
Reply #158

Nigel Evans

brambles

Perhaps, but then this would suggest he had nothing protecting the lower extremities of his legs which simply is not the case. One would assume scratching from brambles etc would have to go through the clothing to get to the skin.  I dont think he was running around the Urals in negative temps but-naked, and he was found having well covered lower legs.

There's lots of innocent explanations that night and in the days before for the ankles. The ankles are only suspicious because of the arms/hands. It's about the hands.

August 31, 2019, 12:00:45 PM
Reply #159

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Fair enough....

Hell.....  Ball Lightning is starting to look pretty appetizing after all this Cryptozoology talk.   lol1

August 31, 2019, 01:12:47 PM
Reply #160

Nigel Evans

Fair enough....

Hell.....  Ball Lightning is starting to look pretty appetizing after all this Cryptozoology talk.   lol1
So true....

August 31, 2019, 01:20:08 PM
Reply #161

Nigel Evans

Urine related question: does anyone know why a full bladder is consistent with hypothermia?  I thought that in the third stage of hypothermia, the body functions start to slow, i.e. respiration. 

The only reason I ask is because I recently listened to a podcast on the murder of Cheryl Fergeson in Conroe, Texas, in 1981.  Long story short, no weapons were found at the scene--the bathroom in the high school) and she had the imprint of her crucifix necklace on her back.  They correlated cause of death of strangulation based on the amount of urine in her bladder: she had gone into use the rest room and was attacked as she left.  It takes approximately three minutes for someone to die from strangulation.  The bladder fills with 2mL of urine per minute (I think; sorry, I listened to it around two weeks ago and am going from memory) and she was found to have 6mL of urine in her bladder. 

Just more musings.  I'll have to find the exact equation and try to correlate to the findings in the autopsy reports.  It wouldn't solve anything, but might add to a timeline.

Also curious: is there any notation of wounds to anyone's palms?  I looked over Dyatlov's autopsy report and am only seeing the notations about the back of his hand and knuckles.  If he could have sustained injuries at his ankles from stumbling around, wouldn't he also have injuries on his palms?
A full bladder is a sign of hypothermia because as the body gets colder it protects the core by constricting the blood supply to the limbs. This reduces the volume of the vascular system which results in the kidneys responding to the increase of pressure by reducing the volume of blood by excreting fluid into the bladder. Because this is in the final stages of hypothermia and the victim is not functioning well mentally they don't relieve themselves but die with a full bladder.

August 31, 2019, 01:47:04 PM
Reply #162

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
No, it took many weeks of searching

yup....  but they dug ONE hole and hit the jackpot dead-nuts on a few twigs.    I smell fish

Or the Dogs smelt something
DB

August 31, 2019, 01:50:38 PM
Reply #163

sarapuk

Fair enough....

Maybe there is a link. Could it be THE MISSING LINK  !  ? For Fireballs substitute SPACESHIP. For Cryptozoology substitute ALIEN.
DB

August 31, 2019, 01:51:47 PM
Reply #164

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator

yup....  but they dug ONE hole and hit the jackpot dead-nuts on a few twigs.    I smell fish

Welp, the dogs didnt find the rotten bodies just a few meters away under 15 feet of snow as they were found with an avalanche probe with a meat-hook on the end, but they pinpointed a few twigs and clothing?   I call BS.

October 07, 2019, 08:02:50 AM
Reply #165

Star man

So Yuri K was buried in a zinc coffin.  Were any of the others buried in zinc coffins?

Regards
Star man

October 07, 2019, 12:51:41 PM
Reply #166

Nigel Evans

yup....  but they dug ONE hole and hit the jackpot deal

Welp, the dogs didnt find the rotten bodies just a few meters away under 15 feet of snow as they were found with an avalanche probe with a meat-hook on the end, but they pinpointed a few twigs and clothing?   I call BS.
Not bs, they'd already built a dam across the ravine some weeks earlier to ensure the meltwaters couldn't wash the bodies downstream.  And they'd triple probed 1500 hectares of mountain with no joy so given the ravine was clearly a favourite location the twigs and clothing with Mansi hunters makes sense imo.

November 04, 2019, 08:36:07 AM
Reply #167

Star man

The traumas of the rav 4.  Could they have been sustained from tumbling into the ravine rather than falling straight down?  That might explain the lack of injuries to extremities? 

Regards

Star man

November 04, 2019, 09:50:31 AM
Reply #168

Marchesk

The traumas of the rav 4.  Could they have been sustained from tumbling into the ravine rather than falling straight down?  That might explain the lack of injuries to extremities? 

Not based on this photo:

Also, I've always wondered why they and the floor mat were found under several meters of snow. Was there not an accumulation of snow on the 2nd?

November 04, 2019, 09:51:36 AM
Reply #169

Marchesk

Didn't mean to quote myself. But I don't see that big of a drop-off in the photos of the ravine where the bodies were found. I don't know whether a snow drift collapsing on them would do that either, and why the Ravine would have had little snow in on Feb 2nd if that's the case.

November 04, 2019, 02:05:57 PM
Reply #170

Star man

WAB posted a picture some time ago and we had a conversation about the ravine.  The picture showed an area with 40 degree incline ( I think ) that ran for some distance.  If there had been drifting snow and an overhang it's possible that as they approached the ravine the over hang gave way under their weight and they went tumbling down the slope.  The injuries to the Thibo's head and the chest injuries could possibly be explained and without the lack of significant injuries to extremities.  It would also explain the odd cuts behind ears and tissue loss to the face and eye brows if they were scraped against ice and rocks.  This would be a better explanation than just a direct fall from height because I don't think the injuries tally with a direct fall.

I still find the injuries odd though.

Regards

Star man

November 06, 2019, 12:19:49 PM
Reply #171

sarapuk

Bloodhounds can perform wonders in searching the most unlikely places.

DB

November 06, 2019, 12:23:45 PM
Reply #172

sarapuk

Regards

Star man

One body sums it up for Me.  Dubinina. The injuries to her are just not normal, I mean not caused by a natural event like a fall.
DB