March 28, 2024, 02:32:48 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: why would the epidermis still be in the mouth  (Read 4829 times)

February 09, 2023, 06:13:39 PM
Read 4829 times

tenne

portion of the epidermis from the right hand is found in the mouth of the deceased

From the autopsy of Yuri K.

I can't imagine in scenario in which a person who died of hypothermia would still have a piece of their epidermis in their mouth. Wouldn't that imply a very sudden death right after biting it off instead of hypothermia?

The following users thanked this post: Ehtnisba

February 10, 2023, 03:41:34 AM
Reply #1

Ehtnisba

portion of the epidermis from the right hand is found in the mouth of the deceased

I can't imagine in scenario in which a person who died of hypothermia would still have a piece of their epidermis in their mouth. Wouldn't that imply a very sudden death right after biting it off instead of hypothermia?

Clenched fists also look odd in slow death, looks like sudden, also their positions.
Homo homini lupus est!

February 10, 2023, 05:55:34 AM
Reply #2

GlennM

Odder still to have someone in a fistfight biting their own hand. Were they unclear on the whole concept of hitting the other guy?

The following users thanked this post: Ehtnisba, eurocentric

February 10, 2023, 08:03:29 AM
Reply #3

tenne

Odder still to have someone in a fistfight biting their own hand. Were they unclear on the whole concept of hitting the other guy?

it isn't  uncommon for a person in a fight to injury their own knuckles especially if their blow hit the opponents teeth. In a case like that it wouldn't be unusual for the person to rip, bite, the skin off so it doesn't tear but to keep it in their mouth is not anything I have seen.

The following users thanked this post: Ehtnisba

February 10, 2023, 10:53:08 AM
Reply #4

eurocentric

I'm too old to type LOL, so I will simply say that I laughed.
My DPI approach - logic, probability and reason.

February 10, 2023, 11:08:23 AM
Reply #5

amashilu

Global Moderator

it isn't  uncommon for a person in a fight to injury their own knuckles especially if their blow hit the opponents teeth. In a case like that it wouldn't be unusual for the person to rip, bite, the skin off so it doesn't tear but to keep it in their mouth is not anything I have seen.

The only logical thing I can think of here is that he was in so much pain that he bit the finger skin off, and then just died.

The following users thanked this post: tenne

February 10, 2023, 12:19:20 PM
Reply #6

eurocentric

Yes, people sometimes create a new pain site to take the stimulus away from another, and his burns on his leg, which got worse from the knee down, terminating in a blackened toe, would have been agony.

If Yuri ever threw a punch that too could have been an attempt at taking his mind off his leg, such as striking the ground, or the tree trunk.

Another possible explanation is he was trying to stop himself falling into an unconscious state from hypothermia, knowing that in the cold he would never wake up again.

He didn't spit this skin out or choke on it so he must've passed out shortly after biting into his own hand.
My DPI approach - logic, probability and reason.

February 10, 2023, 12:55:31 PM
Reply #7

tenne

Yes, I have done a bit of reading on hypothermia deaths and this is unique

February 10, 2023, 01:26:54 PM
Reply #8

anna_pycckux

According to my version, there was a dog with the liquidators, one or not one. The guys have bitten faces and hands. I believe that the dog bit Krivonishchenko's hand during a fight with the liquidators. The guy instinctively pressed his sore hand to his mouth. A piece of skin remained near the teeth. He lost consciousness from the subsequent blow. This explains the situation. The presence of dogs during the liquidation of the group, bites, loss of consciousness from a blow and subsequent death...

February 10, 2023, 02:20:14 PM
Reply #9

RMK

The only logical thing I can think of here is that he was in so much pain that he bit the finger skin off, and then just died.
Yes, I think something like that happened, too.

February 11, 2023, 09:52:23 AM
Reply #10

ilahiyol

It may be because he suffered when he died. Judging by all the deaths in the group, it's like they all died in agony!!! Zina has the pain of death on her face. Rüstem's face....Igroda...And both Yurides...The quartet in the snow lair has already died in agony!!! In short, all of them were in great pain when they died... This certainly does not happen to those who died of hypothermia. Here is the result; The unknown compelling Power dealt them an unknown blow, causing them great pain!!! This place is very important....What kind of blow or force does it apply that can cause pain???

February 11, 2023, 03:36:40 PM
Reply #11

GlennM

Nitric acid mist is the latest spin on the mystery. Blame an errant rocket (900 miles errant!)

The following users thanked this post: Почемучка

February 11, 2023, 05:05:34 PM
Reply #12

tenne

Nitric acid mist is the latest spin on the mystery. Blame an errant rocket (900 miles errant!)

since you brought it up, what would nitric acid mist do to cause the skin to still be in his mouth?

February 11, 2023, 07:34:17 PM
Reply #13

GlennM

since you brought it up, what would nitric acid mist do to cause the skin to still be in his mouth?
Not a thing. But, what if the acid mist affected the eyes? Now, all the bodily injuries described for everyone can have a root cause. If acid in eyes can not be sufficiently diluted or neutralized, pain will persist and impaired vision happens. Escaping the tent on1079 would be far more troublesome.

February 12, 2023, 09:10:16 AM
Reply #14

tenne

Not a thing. But, what if the acid mist affected the eyes? Now, all the bodily injuries described for everyone can have a root cause. If acid in eyes can not be sufficiently diluted or neutralized, pain will persist and impaired vision happens. Escaping the tent on1079 would be far more troublesome.

so if the idea of nitric acid mist has nothing to do with the skin in the mouth, why would you bring it up?

February 12, 2023, 05:53:23 PM
Reply #15

GlennM

Tenne, if nitric acid burned the eyes and throats of desperate hikers who were so numb they couldn't feel their hands, then biting one's knuckle in agony of eye pain would be excusable. I mentioned it because the subject of errant rocketry has just surfaced in the DPI news. I mention it because nitric, sulphuric, and hydrochloric acid are harsh on the body. Shoot, even vinegar is,hard on the eyes. Personally, I do not believe a Russian missile went 900 miles in the wrong direction to precipitate the DPI. Then again, I haven't been chewing my knuckles with worry about that possibility, just yet. Hope that helps.

February 13, 2023, 11:26:58 AM
Reply #16

tenne

Tenne, if nitric acid burned the eyes and throats of desperate hikers who were so numb they couldn't feel their hands, then biting one's knuckle in agony of eye pain would be excusable. I mentioned it because the subject of errant rocketry has just surfaced in the DPI news. I mention it because nitric, sulphuric, and hydrochloric acid are harsh on the body. Shoot, even vinegar is,hard on the eyes. Personally, I do not believe a Russian missile went 900 miles in the wrong direction to precipitate the DPI. Then again, I haven't been chewing my knuckles with worry about that possibility, just yet. Hope that helps.

Yes it does. the question was 'why was the skin still in the mouth', not 'why did he bite it' so I thought maybe I missed something but it appears you weren't answering the question asked so I didn't miss anything

February 13, 2023, 11:32:26 AM
Reply #17

GlennM

You never specified whose skin it was, so I punted.

February 13, 2023, 01:45:53 PM
Reply #18

ilahiyol

Don't get into unnecessary arguments. The real issue is what kind of blow they were subjected to???!!! This place is so important!!! In my opinion, it can strike both from a distance and by contact!!! The blow from afar looks like a pressure pulse... It shocks the person!!! But it does not die completely and the job is completed with close contact!!! Then they can't move. They have little or no movement. And that's how they die. Absolutely no staging. If there were, they would have been staged as if they were dying of cold. For example, they would be in the fetal position. Besides, none of them are like that(?) It's as if they all took a hit and then died within a few seconds or a few minutes....

February 15, 2023, 12:28:17 PM
Reply #19

tenne

You never specified whose skin it was, so I punted.

"portion of the epidermis from the right hand is found in the mouth of the deceased

I can't imagine in scenario in which a person who died of hypothermia would still have a piece of their epidermis in their mouth. Wouldn't that imply a very sudden death right after biting it off instead of hypothermia?"

well at least you admit you don't bother to read before posting

February 15, 2023, 02:02:38 PM
Reply #20

GlennM

It appears I am not alone