March 29, 2024, 06:54:53 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Results of the Investigation – Anyone satisfied?  (Read 2719 times)

July 13, 2020, 07:27:42 AM
Read 2719 times

MDGross

The long wait is over. Saturday, in the offices of the newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda, the committee that opened a new Dyatlov Pass investigation in 2018 presented its results. The committee spokesperson was  Andrey Kuryakov, an attorney in the Sverdlovsk oblast prosecutor's office. Since the investigation only explored three possible theories – avalanche, snow slab and hurricane – it's not surprising that the committee concluded that an avalanche caused the Dyatlov tragedy. They believe that Thibeaux-Brignolle and Zolotaryov were standing outside when Zolotaryov heard the sound of an avalanche starting above the tent. He sounded the alarm and the nine hikers progressed down the slope to the forest. Doroshenko, Krivonischenko, Dyatlov, Slobodin and Kolmogorova died from hypothermia. Kolevatov, Dubinina, Zolotarev and Thibeaux-Brignolle managed to scoop out a snow den. But in so doing the weakened the snow beneath them and part of the den's floor collapsed. This caused them to fall onto rocks in the ravine.
The committee did have declassified data of the Ministry of Defense, which showed a rocket launch on Feb. 2, but that the rocket flew no where near the hikers and, in fact, crashed in Kazakhstan.
The committee's findings created more questions than it answered it seems. I doubt if many Russians along with the rest of the world is satisfied with the avalanche scenario. I assume this will become the official government stand on the tragedy.

July 13, 2020, 07:35:29 AM
Reply #1

Teddy

Administrator
There is a topic for this https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=665.0
but MDGross seems to insist to have his own board. It' a free country.
Don't forget to vote https://www.facebook.com/dyatlovmania/posts/2343158309313431

July 13, 2020, 09:52:27 AM
Reply #2

MDGross

My apologies Teddy. I didn't see the other posts. Please delete this post. Again, I'm sorry.