April 28, 2024, 07:48:17 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: why was the incident reported the way it was  (Read 3322 times)

December 21, 2022, 12:15:49 PM
Read 3322 times

tenne

I pulled this out of another conversation I am having on here because I am very curious about this specific topic and don't want it to get lost.

If, as some people have said, this was a totally natural incident in a country where freezing to death and avalanches etc are not uncommon, why did the government report it as " "compelling natural force" had caused the deaths without naming it as these types of accidents are common?

December 21, 2022, 02:41:31 PM
Reply #1

GlennM

The operant word being " natural".
We don't have to say everything that comes into our head.

December 21, 2022, 03:06:59 PM
Reply #2

tenne

I agree but I have never ever heard an authority in a country where these things are not uncommon to be called an unknown,

in typing out my comment to another thread, I answered my own question to my own satisfaction.

it was reported that way because no one dared say anything different
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 03:34:57 PM by tenne »

December 23, 2022, 06:43:27 PM
Reply #3

GlennM

December 23, 2022, 08:40:31 PM
Reply #4

ilahiyol

The Dytlov thing is not something that can happen with a natural disaster. This is very clear and precise. Therefore, the prosecutor did not find any culprits and ended the case as "Unknown Coercive Force". These people have already been trying to solve this mystery for 63 years. Had it been a natural disaster, the event would have been forgotten long ago.

December 24, 2022, 09:43:54 PM
Reply #5

GlennM

Other than speculation, is there any evidence, like blast residue that hints at the DP9 using explosives to get rock,samples?,Do we know if they packed a geologist hammer?

December 25, 2022, 07:55:34 PM
Reply #6

Manti

As far as I know the incident wasn't reported on at all at the time.

And the "unknown compelling force" was not the government's explanation, just Ivanov's.

December 26, 2022, 12:11:20 AM
Reply #7

Почемучка

As far as I know the incident wasn't reported on at all at the time.

And the "unknown compelling force" was not the government's explanation, just Ivanov's.

Как это не сообщалось, если даже в в местной Свердловской прессе отцу Георгия Кривонищенко  печатали соболезнование о трагической смерти сына?
How was this not reported, even if in the local Sverdlovsk press, Georgy Krivonischenko's father was printed condolences on the tragic death of his son?
Between was and was not - the river of time. You have to be able to swim - not only in the water ...