April 27, 2024, 11:58:30 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: The Dyatlov Pass mystery  (Read 2952 times)

November 20, 2023, 08:40:05 PM
Read 2952 times

KathleenDSmith1

Teddy/Everyone:

I enjoyed and was very interested in scientific research, but I don't believe it was the snow avalanche that, caused the tent to collapse.

Teddy is correct regarding going further without resources that all 9 hikers needed...it does not make sense.

I do believe that when all 9 hikers were setting up the tent ..that's when something/somewhat happened????, because of the "one clue" that everyone overlooks    ...."stove" was not assembled, knowing that it was "Cold/Windy"...

https://tubitv.com/movies/100011298/the-dyatlov-mystery

Whoever took the last of photo, knew all 9 hikers were not returning home.... copy and paste this section

These photos do not belong to any of the films and were introduced in the case file without explanation of their origin. They are obvioulsy done during the trek. They could be from the film in Dyatlov's camera №55242643. This camera was introduced in the inventory of the case in March 1959 due to the fact that the camera was taken from the tent by one of the students volunteering in the first search party. He developed the film with the intend to do some private investigation into the matter till he was asked by the official investigators to hand over the camera and the film which he did. By deduction none of the films in Koskin's photo archive belongs to Dyatlov's camera. Some of the loose photo may be from the film that was inside that camera. Koskin is listing this photo, but the girl on this photo does not participate in the trek. She has hiked with Lyuda before,

sending other images...

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith

« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 06:17:27 PM by KathleenDSmith1 »

December 11, 2023, 06:50:44 PM
Reply #1

GlennM

I subscribe to the slab slip theory. By contrast, if the hikers and tent were actually near the cedar, then there would be no need to climb the tree, depart in the direction of the tent as Igor did, nor build a snow cave. Further, if the damage were caused by a blast of some sort, why would half head to it and half retreat? Finally, given the location of the labaz, it makes no sense to put it at a higher elevation than the hiking trail. I think it is clear the tent was pitched where it was found and the fatalities were due to an attempt to wait out bad weather in the woods until the winds abated. In the dark, they misjudged the distance.
We don't have to say everything that comes into our head.

December 12, 2023, 12:53:36 AM
Reply #2

Axelrod

About the Avalanche and the Cedar... Do you know such Russian/Soviet cartoon?

December 12, 2023, 12:09:14 PM
Reply #3

GlennM

I like it! Thanks for the smile. The thing that is bothersome is this; if a slab hit the tent and they cut their way out, then there was no need to remove an overburden of snow. They could simply send one or two back in to the cut to get boots etc.

Too, much has been made of the packed away stove. I think that in the forest,a stove would work well with nearby fuel and less wind. On an exposed slope with high wind, I think that the stove would backdraft and smoke up or set fire to the tent. Since the stove was not used, I suspect the tent was not as strongly reinforced.

Footprints in snow suggest although leaving the tent was necessary, leaving it on the run, not so much.. Leaving the tent was a matter of life and death, or was it just inconvenience?  Photos of the tent when found show a collapsed middle. Why? The stove wasnt used, so the outside rigging wasnt used. When the slab dumped on the uphill side of the tent, those laying with their heads on that side would suffocate unless freed. Therefore, cuts were made on the downhill side to get out. The cut tent could not be fixed just then and need for heat and shelter prompted a controlled descent to the tree line, a,big inconvenience.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 07:40:07 PM by GlennM »
We don't have to say everything that comes into our head.