March 28, 2024, 06:19:34 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Yudin's credibility - Question for Teddy  (Read 4823 times)

February 24, 2019, 07:32:25 PM
Read 4823 times

Angel1

Good evening.

I have been looking at the Russian language sites and You tube comments (via Google translate).  I was surprised to see how much disdain there was for Yudin.  Especially surprising were some folks questioning his story, raising the issue of culpability, etc.   It was mentioned he never married.  In an interview he did appear disheveled to me.  I attributed this to aging.  Teddy, since we can't assess his interviews not knowing the language, please tell me what are your thoughts regarding questions about his knowledge, behavior, etc?  The Russian language sites have far more anecdotal information than we get in the English language sites.  Thanks for your opinion.

February 24, 2019, 10:21:09 PM
Reply #1

Teddy

Administrator
For me it is not a question of credibility. The guy just doesn't know anything and he says it. Over and over again. People think he is hiding something, or changing his opinion.
https://dyatlovpass.com/controversy#yudinoncameras
Yuri Yudin was charismatic young intelligent man, his health was not so great. I don't think Dyatlov group tragedy had anything to do with him being married or not.
https://dyatlovpass.com/yuri-yudin-diary
On the interviews he stutters, naturally, especially when under pressure or in front of the camera, which brings sympathy. I am totally unbiased towards Yuri Yudin. I am interested only in what he says about the trek and it is not much. But I don't think that this is because he is hiding something. Some people hate him because he is commemorated as one of Dyatlov group. I think he shouldn't, but I don't go to the length of throwing dirt on him. People get angry because he asked for his money even before the last 4 bodies were find. So what. On the other hand I am not crazy to put him on Dyatlov group memorial. He didn't die with them. His photo is on the side of their memorial.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 10:48:25 PM by Teddy »

February 25, 2019, 02:54:29 AM
Reply #2

Angel1

Thank you, Teddy.  Yes,  I read about the $$ issue last night.  I do wonder since it indicates he went back on foot (12 miles - 20 km) which is odd with sciatica.  Some posts indicate it may have be other health issues instead (stomach virus).  Others question him being allowed to travel alone while sick or injured which is not done in an expedition of this sort.  He did strike me as a sad soul in his later years. 

I am just learning the Russian alphabet, so Спасибо, мой друг

February 25, 2019, 04:09:49 AM
Reply #3

WAB

Good evening.

I have been looking at the Russian language sites and You tube comments (via Google translate).  I was surprised to see how much disdain there was for Yudin.  Especially surprising were some folks questioning his story, raising the issue of culpability, etc.   It was mentioned he never married.  In an interview he did appear disheveled to me.  I attributed this to aging.  Teddy, since we can't assess his interviews not knowing the language, please tell me what are your thoughts regarding questions about his knowledge, behavior, etc?  The Russian language sites have far more anecdotal information than we get in the English language sites.  Thanks for your opinion.

Dear Angel1!
I have not seen this message earlier, but I should answer it as the person in current last 5 years of his life with it well and is much the communicating.
He is the person very worthy, intelligent and competent. All life he felt absolutely unfair and imaginary fault for that happens. Therefore also he asked bury him near to its other friends. He considered himself as  part of all group which was lost in 1959.

That as write that at some Russian forums (I think that you read it on taina.li or that is much worse on two (even less knowing about all) forums. It is written by people who know about Yudin only on leisure conversations or in general know nothing and dream in the true sense. Such now it is lot of, unfortunately. It is not necessary pay attention to it. Because this theme became very fashionable, about it much write in newspapers and show on TV. Especially it has become aggravated to 60 years from the date of events.

Anecdotalism of Russian forums is connected by that is more than them and they write much. On many forums of them, managers do not watch content, therefore all and turns out. This forum has started to work only recently, here many new people, and it always so happens at new forums. I hope that Teddy will not allow develop to flood and spam at this forum.

The fund “memories of Dyatlov group” has published the good book about Yudin in 2013, therefore if you want learn more and study Russian it is possible order it and they will send it by mail. I can inform the address, if you want it. Or ask about it from Teddy, she was recently in Ekaterinburg and for certain was place at Yury Kuntsevich. Probably it is and in materials of this site. I did not search for it because I know it at all under the name, and by appearance.

I place a photo of  cover this book here:

PS. I have not enough time, but I cannot answer this message …
About Yury Yudin it is necessary speak or well or in any way.

February 25, 2019, 02:45:07 PM
Reply #4

Angel1

Добрый вечер

Спасибо огромное

The book is probably only in Russian. I am just learning the alphabet and beginner conversation.  It would be nice to read.  Is it online?

Yes some forums get ugly.  In America we call it "survivor's guilt" and it can hurt people for years.  And in his time people, especially men, didn't talk about sensitive feelings.

If he got some attention  in his old age, it is OK since for years he suffered from the experience as well.  People forget that.

February 25, 2019, 03:55:28 PM
Reply #5

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Добрый вечер

Спасибо огромное

The book is probably only in Russian. I am just learning the alphabet and beginner conversation.  It would be nice to read.  Is it online?

Yes some forums get ugly.  In America we call it "survivor's guilt" and it can hurt people for years.  And in his time people, especially men, didn't talk about sensitive feelings.

If he got some attention  in his old age, it is OK since for years he suffered from the experience as well.  People forget that.

In many ways Yudin was probably still a victim of the events that night, but in a psychological way. excuseme

February 26, 2019, 03:25:21 PM
Reply #6

WAB

Добрый вечер

Спасибо огромное

Yes, the book it is written only in Russian and it only in the form of the paper book. I learn, whether there will be its online version. But it will be possible for me only towards the end of March.
But if you do not know Russian it is possible regret only … You cannot read it in the original.
We will hope on online version, and its as variant in English … Though I do not know who will want and can make it? Unfortunately, I it cannot even promise it. Many circumstances to it disturb and resist.

February 26, 2019, 03:27:27 PM
Reply #7

WAB

In many ways Yudin was probably still a victim of the events that night, but in a psychological way. excuseme

Yes, it was actually.