April 19, 2024, 08:30:03 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Luda and Simons eyes popped out on their own..  (Read 11683 times)

March 23, 2021, 04:30:25 PM
Reply #30

Dona

Yeh.. the snow cave is under 10-12 feet of snow and they didnt dig that deep! wink1

March 23, 2021, 04:35:01 PM
Reply #31

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
It's not a guess.. Their hands are NOT injured. Fact.

I disagree.  It is not fact.  It isn't possible to determine if their hands were injured or not, especially since Dubinina's fingertips were not present, we have no picture of her hands and we would not be able to determine anything now, as there would be little to no soft tissue left, even if they could exhume.

If the hands had have been injured then it would or should have been in the Autopsy Reports.
DB

March 25, 2021, 10:11:40 AM
Reply #32

Игорь Б.

An example of the impact of chemical weapons of a skunk (wolverine) in a tent:
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=117054

March 25, 2021, 10:23:05 AM
Reply #33

Dona

Except that only some are missing..Nicks face was submerged.. The ones who were crushed lost eyes...

March 25, 2021, 06:35:35 PM
Reply #34

sarapuk

Except that only some are missing..Nicks face was submerged.. The ones who were crushed lost eyes...

Игорь Б. has posted a link to another Forum. Its a Technical Forum and very good. But they seem to follow the line that the Eyes were missing due to the action of Water. There is a photo of a woman who drowned and had no Eyes and it looks similar to a photo of Dubinina.
DB

March 27, 2021, 07:24:13 AM
Reply #35

Dona

If that were true, it would be a random event..  one of his, one of hers.. two of theirs etc.. Its not random. Nicks face was in the water and his eyes arent missing.

March 27, 2021, 07:32:21 AM
Reply #36

Ziljoe

If that were true, it would be a random event..  one of his, one of hers.. two of theirs etc.. Its not random. Nicks face was in the water and his eyes arent missing.

The explanation in short is wheather there eyes were open or closed.

March 27, 2021, 07:35:41 AM
Reply #37

Dona

Overly simplistic but possible  lol

OR... the 2 that were crushed lost their eyes.. You cant ignore that

March 27, 2021, 08:02:32 AM
Reply #38

Ziljoe

Lol, I couldn't be bothered explaining Igor B's explanation.

I think you actually hit on this in another post( I think you mentioned strangulation or someone did) If it was snow that fell ontop of them in the cave or whatever, then the two with eyes missing are the ones with the Brocken ribs. I don't actually like describing this but it may have caused bulging of the eyes. The heavy wet snow would lock them in their position.

March 27, 2021, 08:06:28 AM
Reply #39

Dona

Lol, I couldn't be bothered explaining Igor B's explanation.

I think you actually hit on this in another post( I think you mentioned strangulation or someone did) If it was snow that fell ontop of them in the cave or whatever, then the two with eyes missing are the ones with the Brocken ribs. I don't actually like describing this but it may have caused bulging of the eyes. The heavy wet snow would lock them in their position.

And thats why your theory doesnt work..LOL  Just teasing you..:)

March 27, 2021, 08:13:57 AM
Reply #40

Ziljoe

And thats why your theory doesnt work..LOL  Just teasing you..:)

Lol dunno1

March 27, 2021, 05:35:21 PM
Reply #41

sarapuk

I wouldnt mention something without evidence to back it up

What are you talking about  !  ? 
DB

March 27, 2021, 06:00:59 PM
Reply #42

Dona

I have no idea.. it was days ago :)

March 28, 2021, 01:32:06 PM
Reply #43

Investigator

I've seen this so many times before.  There's an obvious explanation whereas the evidence does not fit with any other explanation, but someone (rarely a trained investigator) will say, "well what about X?  If X is true then the obvious explanation can't be right," which may not even be true.  Experts too can be wrong, and that's not an especially rare occurrence.  In the case of the eyes, yes, that's possible, but you'd have to do a recreation, and even then it may be that the head would have to be on a specific angle with specific pressure applied to specific areas.  And as to the "compelling force" notion, imagine falling ten feet or so, onto a rocky creek, with three guys falling on top of you as well.  I'd guess some gruesome inujuries would certainly be possible!  And let me point out that I'd be thrilled if there was an ususual explanation for the DPI, but all the evidence fits nicely into the mudnane explanation, with these minor things (the eyes or tongue) that you might only be able to explain fully if you spent a ton of money on multiple recreations (until you got all the possible factors just right and it all made perfect sense).

March 28, 2021, 02:29:42 PM
Reply #44

Dona

The only way for that theory to work is that if it was Springtime, there was a cliff, their hands were tied behind their back, blindfolded and they  were jumping off a diving board.

March 28, 2021, 04:36:41 PM
Reply #45

Investigator

The only way for that theory to work is that if it was Springtime, there was a cliff, their hands were tied behind their back, blindfolded and they  were jumping off a diving board.

If you are referring to my post, you are making all kinds of assumptions.  I could quote you some cases in which nobody believed what happened until after a reconstruction was done, but I don't think you are the kind of person who would care.  If all the evidence fits one explanation, that's the explanation you go with until someone finds new evidence or demonstrates that the explanation is impossible.  In this case, you'd have to spend a lot of money on reconstructions in order to cover every last detail, and so here we are, with people coming up with all kinds of notions that clearly do not fit the evidence.

March 28, 2021, 04:39:41 PM
Reply #46

Ziljoe

If you are referring to my post, you are making all kinds of assumptions.  I could quote you some cases in which nobody believed what happened until after a reconstruction was done, but I don't think you are the kind of person who would care.  If all the evidence fits one explanation, that's the explanation you go with until someone finds new evidence or demonstrates that the explanation is impossible.  In this case, you'd have to spend a lot of money on reconstructions in order to cover every last detail, and so here we are, with people coming up with all kinds of notions that clearly do not fit the evidence.

What do you believe happened investigator ? Or what would you look for?

March 28, 2021, 05:36:34 PM
Reply #47

Dona

And I think you "are the kind of person" who cant admit when they are wrong.. Why dont you go over  and post on  the " They Fell Off The Cliff" board.. Oh wait.. THERE ISNT ONE!

March 28, 2021, 06:34:56 PM
Reply #48

Manti

A recreation would cost money yes. It would also be interest to a large number of people who would be willing to watch ads or even pay to see the recreation. Depends on a lot of factors but if books about the DPI can become NYT bestsellers maybe a film or series doing a recreation has a chance of breaking even...

Something that might be worth looking into ;)

March 28, 2021, 06:38:40 PM
Reply #49

sarapuk

I have no idea.. it was days ago :)

Well Donna I have to hand it to you, you have brought some life to this Forum in the last week or so.
DB

March 29, 2021, 06:58:28 AM
Reply #50

Dona

You'd think that they would be more appreciative :)

March 29, 2021, 07:21:38 AM
Reply #51

Ziljoe

March 29, 2021, 10:05:43 AM
Reply #52

Investigator

What do you believe happened investigator ? Or what would you look for?

As I said in another post:

...The Dyatlov tent began to collapse (probably due to ice/heavy snow buildup), or they though it would collapse, so they cut themselves out, secured the tent so it wouldn't blow away (along with all their stuff), and calmly walked down to the tree line, thinking they could survive with a fire (the fire in fact was said to be quite robust, lasting an hour or two).  One interesting question is if the idea of digging the "den" was the original plan or some sort of secondary one (the two guys who were dressed fairly well could have dug the den while the others started and got warmed up by the fire).  The problem is that when you do a lot of work in the cold (with minimal clothing), then stop to warm up, you're going to do a lot of sweating, and then if your heat source can't be maintained or isn't sufficient, you are in deep trouble!

March 29, 2021, 10:22:25 AM
Reply #53

Ziljoe

Please accept my apologies investigator , I did my own pet hate. I didn't look at the posts before I asked.

March 29, 2021, 10:23:21 AM
Reply #54

Dona

People dont walk single file and fall to their deaths, one by one by one.. One doesnt need a recreation to see that.