March 29, 2024, 08:15:21 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Skull fractures  (Read 17092 times)

April 01, 2021, 02:00:18 PM
Reply #30

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Good point! If they were crushed by a snow collapse, they would have asphyxiated in minutes,, I wonder if they even check for that.. Then I dont  know if they can cuz everyone who is dead is asphyxiated :)

People get buried in Avalanches and survive uninjured.
DB

April 01, 2021, 04:51:54 PM
Reply #31

Manti

I think the mug found in the tent was metal so it wouldn't be crushed.

As this thread is about skull fractures, is there a photo of Thibo? I don't like looking at those pictures so might have missed it but he has some of the weirdest injuries (oval holes in multiple places on his sweater, and hat?), yet no photo?

April 01, 2021, 05:00:58 PM
Reply #32

marieuk

are the holes all the same size?

April 01, 2021, 05:07:56 PM
Reply #33

Dona

I didt hear about any holes... whats with that? Also who would cut up clothing  and discard it, while freezing to death

April 01, 2021, 05:19:22 PM
Reply #34

Dona

From Nicks autopsy""Say whaaat?

"... In the right pocket there are grey gloves"

April 01, 2021, 05:21:08 PM
Reply #35

Dona

The holes.. Coroner states clothes are worn and  ragged.. So, maybe that's it

April 01, 2021, 09:36:25 PM
Reply #36

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
There were crackers and bread out.. left intact.. A cup of  some kind of drink.. still intact..

Try again!

Well...  they were frozen rusks. Not exactly a saltine cracker.
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

April 01, 2021, 09:39:37 PM
Reply #37

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Three things come to mind when thinking about hard objects capable of making said injuries.  Rock, Ice, and wood. 

April 02, 2021, 07:07:44 AM
Reply #38

Dona

Stacy Galloways  book " Death of Nine" mentions the crackers..  Maybe they had both

April 02, 2021, 07:10:29 AM
Reply #39

Dona

Three things come to mind when thinking about hard objects capable of making said injuries.  Rock, Ice, and wood.

Or something you brought with you.. This  looks  like a man made object to me.. Its just too perfect, symmetrical etc..

April 02, 2021, 08:54:05 AM
Reply #40

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Well, if there was a minor avalanche...  there are several rocky ledges in which they tumbled over on the way down. Could they have not have lived long enough to be dragged into the ravine for cover? How do we know if any of them were even still alive IF they were taken to the ravine after sustaining said injuries in the scenario described?  🤷🏼‍♂️

In my opinion, looking at that injury and knowing what caused it is a bit of a stretch for me.   

April 02, 2021, 09:22:15 AM
Reply #41

Dona

I think the single file footprints precludes that theory.

I didnt say I knew what caused it.. just that the shape doesnt seem.... organic. If it is accurate, of course..

April 02, 2021, 09:38:27 AM
Reply #42

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator

I didnt say I knew what caused it.. just that the shape doesnt seem.... organic. If it is accurate, of course..

No telling, if memory serves correctly, the prints started some distance from the tent, went for a while, the disappeared again. It would seem to me that wind blown snow conditions in the following days and weeks would greatly effect how visible the prints are, where, and when.  So many variables. 

April 02, 2021, 09:57:01 AM
Reply #43

Manti

From case files:
"А. External examination On the examination table is a male body clothed as follows: the head is covered by a tightly tied green woolen sports cap with three round holes sized 3 x 3 cm located in the front. A khaki canvas fur helmet with a zipper fastener [like a flying helmet]; the helmet is drawn by a cord. A green canvas sheepskin jacket with a zipper and two pockets. In the right pocket there are grey gloves. In the left pocket are 10, 20, and 2 kopeck coins; two folded pieces of paper; and a comb. A ragged wool sweater is worn on the left side. A worn-out knitted blue shirt, which on the right and bottom has torn ovals in the fabric 2 x 3 cm in size. On the left forearm there are two watches: a Sportivnye watch showing the time 8 hours, 14 minutes, 24 seconds, and a Pobeda brand watch showing the time 8 hours, 39 minutes. The legs are covered with practically new grey felt boots (valenki). On the right leg are white hand knitted wool socks; the same socks are also on the left leg. There are crumpled brown wool socks located in the soles of the corresponding felt boots. The body is wearing warm woolen winter pants, the cuffs of which are fasted by a leather belt with a metal buckle. Under these pants are blue cotton sports pants and black satin underwear. In the pocket (crossed) of the outer pants a white metal button and a metal chain from a wall clock were found.After the removal of the clothes, the following was found: a male body of proper constitution and good nutrition, 174 cm long. The body has purple green spots on the posterolateral surface of the chest, neck and extremities. Rigor mortis has resolved in the muscle groups of the joints. The skin of the face, body and limbs is of a grey-greenish color seeping from the surface layer of the epidermis. There is hair on the head with a length of 8 cm. The forehead is high and sloping backwards and there are thick black eyebrows. The eyes are closed; the eyeballs are sunk far into their sockets. The cornea is cloudy and dry, the iris is light green, and the mucosal membrane of the eyelid is of a pale grey color. The bridge of the nose is straight.
(crossed) The bones of the nose are intact when touched. On the upper left jaw there is a defect
Sheet 353
- 2 -
in the soft tissue, which has an irregular oval shape with a size of 3 x 4 cm with drawn out, convoluted borders exposing the alveolar edge of the upper jaw, The teeth are white and even. The mouth is open. The lips have a pale grey color. The tongue is in the mouth. The mucous membrane of the tongue and mouth are of a dirty green color. On the cheeks, chin and upper lip there is black hair with a length of up to 1 cm. The openings of the mouth, nose and ear are clean. The neck is long and thin. The chest is cylindrical. The stomach is located below the chest. The dorsum of the hands and fingers are of a pale brown color and of parchment density; the fingers are bent at the joints. In the area of the fingers there is ‘bath skin’ of a pale grey color with the rejection of the nail plate. There is a 10 x 12 cm blue-green diffuse ecchymoma in the area of the right shoulder on the antero-internal surface at the lower middle and bottom thirds. In the area of the ecchymomare is hemorrhaging into the surrounding soft tissue."

So not all the same size but all similar..

April 02, 2021, 10:15:11 AM
Reply #44

Dona

No telling, if memory serves correctly, the prints started some distance from the tent, went for a while, the disappeared again. It would seem to me that wind blown snow conditions in the following days and weeks would greatly effect how visible the prints are, where, and when.  So many variables.

True but, Luda, Simon and Nick could not have walked that far. But  the prints bug me too. Where are the column footprints near the tent..

April 02, 2021, 10:16:17 AM
Reply #45

Dona

Yeah.. I dont think its an  animal  biting his clothes etc..

April 02, 2021, 10:39:05 AM
Reply #46

Manti

Yeah also they were under meters of snow that only recently started melting... I guess there could have been animals there under the snow but not large ones...

April 02, 2021, 10:50:07 AM
Reply #47

Dona

You mean like insects? Hmmm, I dont know..

April 02, 2021, 11:02:22 AM
Reply #48

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
You mean like insects? Hmmm, I dont know..

Field rats...  but we also know they had been in the field traveling through brushy trails for days prior snagging clothing.. 

Bunch of techniques for moving injured people... snow just makes dragging options even easier. 

Sorry for the super cheesy vid.  😜

April 02, 2021, 11:05:36 AM
Reply #49

Dona

Naaah. I dont think they could carry 4, or more, people for  a mile. Not and stay in single file, without  resting etc..

April 02, 2021, 11:09:12 AM
Reply #50

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Naaah. I dont think they could carry 4, or more, people for  a mile. Not and stay in single file, without  resting etc..

Who says it was a mile?  Half mile drag to the ravine I would suspect doable... three to ravine not four. From bottom of the slope...  how about from the cedar location? 

April 02, 2021, 11:28:29 AM
Reply #51

Dona

Yeah, maybe from the cedar.. To me, it seems what ever went wrong, went wrong in the woods.

April 02, 2021, 11:29:42 AM
Reply #52

Dona

4 or even 5 maybe.. Rustem had a head injury too.. and who knows whats up with Alex..choke to death.. I think

April 02, 2021, 11:35:43 AM
Reply #53

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Yeah, maybe from the cedar.. To me, it seems what ever went wrong, went wrong in the woods.

I thought we were talking about rugged  and athletic young adults that go many miles into the wilderness... get bit by venomous snakes etc.  🤷🏼‍♂️

April 02, 2021, 11:47:20 AM
Reply #54

Dona

Yep.  And all the more reason to think they were attacked.. They arent bumbling idiots. nea1

April 02, 2021, 12:14:40 PM
Reply #55

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Yep.  And all the more reason to think they were attacked.. They arent bumbling idiots. nea1

Nature and and a sequence of unfortunate events will kill the strongest of humans.

April 02, 2021, 12:18:02 PM
Reply #56

Dona

You are talking about  2 skull fractures 23 broken ribs, 2 other head injuries and 3rd degree burns,  in what, an hour or so.. LOLOL

April 02, 2021, 12:33:46 PM
Reply #57

marieuk

From case files:
"А. External examination On the examination table is a male body clothed as follows: the head is covered by a tightly tied green woolen sports cap with three round holes sized 3 x 3 cm located in the front. A khaki canvas fur helmet with a zipper fastener [like a flying helmet]; the helmet is drawn by a cord. A green canvas sheepskin jacket with a zipper and two pockets. In the right pocket there are grey gloves. In the left pocket are 10, 20, and 2 kopeck coins; two folded pieces of paper; and a comb. A ragged wool sweater is worn on the left side. A worn-out knitted blue shirt, which on the right and bottom has torn ovals in the fabric 2 x 3 cm in size. On the left forearm there are two watches: a Sportivnye watch showing the time 8 hours, 14 minutes, 24 seconds, and a Pobeda brand watch showing the time 8 hours, 39 minutes. The legs are covered with practically new grey felt boots (valenki). On the right leg are white hand knitted wool socks; the same socks are also on the left leg. There are crumpled brown wool socks located in the soles of the corresponding felt boots. The body is wearing warm woolen winter pants, the cuffs of which are fasted by a leather belt with a metal buckle. Under these pants are blue cotton sports pants and black satin underwear. In the pocket (crossed) of the outer pants a white metal button and a metal chain from a wall clock were found.After the removal of the clothes, the following was found: a male body of proper constitution and good nutrition, 174 cm long. The body has purple green spots on the posterolateral surface of the chest, neck and extremities. Rigor mortis has resolved in the muscle groups of the joints. The skin of the face, body and limbs is of a grey-greenish color seeping from the surface layer of the epidermis. There is hair on the head with a length of 8 cm. The forehead is high and sloping backwards and there are thick black eyebrows. The eyes are closed; the eyeballs are sunk far into their sockets. The cornea is cloudy and dry, the iris is light green, and the mucosal membrane of the eyelid is of a pale grey color. The bridge of the nose is straight.
(crossed) The bones of the nose are intact when touched. On the upper left jaw there is a defect
Sheet 353
- 2 -
in the soft tissue, which has an irregular oval shape with a size of 3 x 4 cm with drawn out, convoluted borders exposing the alveolar edge of the upper jaw, The teeth are white and even. The mouth is open. The lips have a pale grey color. The tongue is in the mouth. The mucous membrane of the tongue and mouth are of a dirty green color. On the cheeks, chin and upper lip there is black hair with a length of up to 1 cm. The openings of the mouth, nose and ear are clean. The neck is long and thin. The chest is cylindrical. The stomach is located below the chest. The dorsum of the hands and fingers are of a pale brown color and of parchment density; the fingers are bent at the joints. In the area of the fingers there is ‘bath skin’ of a pale grey color with the rejection of the nail plate. There is a 10 x 12 cm blue-green diffuse ecchymoma in the area of the right shoulder on the antero-internal surface at the lower middle and bottom thirds. In the area of the ecchymomare is hemorrhaging into the surrounding soft tissue."

So not all the same size but all similar..

Thank you for posting this. Interestng the holes are a similar size and shape.  I can understand the clothes could easily have been damaged by their travels etc, but any ideas how there's a defect in the soft tissue to the upper jaw of a similar size  and shape also?

April 02, 2021, 12:35:49 PM
Reply #58

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
You are talking about  2 skull fractures 23 broken ribs, 2 other head injuries and 3rd degree burns,  in what, an hour or so.. LOLOL

Most of which happened in a split second.  🤷🏼‍♂️

April 02, 2021, 12:38:27 PM
Reply #59

Dona

Hows that?