March 28, 2024, 10:36:10 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Group Rosters  (Read 4109 times)

April 10, 2021, 10:45:24 AM
Read 4109 times

KFinn

Asking this in a couple of places so forgive me if you've seen it more than once.  I am compilating rosters of the various hikes about the Ural regions in Jan/Feb/March of 1959.  Thus far, I have

-Rostov Pedagogical Inst, all 7 members named
-Karelin group, regional team, all 8 members named
-Blinov group, UPI I have 9 named (missing 1, I believe)
   Dubinina mentions a Zhenya/Zhenka in her diary 1.25, but also then calls him Yurka; is she referring to Blinov himself?  Also a mention of Yurkina Olva; does anyone know who she is?
-Sverdlovsk Pedagogical Inst., 3 members named (Zhora Klein, Mihail Vladimirov, Vyacheslav Serdityh) can anyone point me to any other members of this group?
-Serov group (trek to Mt. Otorten canceled rerouted to Isherim) 3 members named (Lyudmila Vsevolzhskaya who did not go to Isherim, Oleg Viktorovich, Nikolaev Fyodor Ivanovich) does anyone have more info on this group?
-Sogrin's group, do not have any members yet, other than Sogrin (and Zolotaryov who transferred from this group to Dyatlov)

If anyone can point me towards finishing these lists or has info on participants I  am missing, I am eternally thankful!!  And if I am missing any hiking groups that were there, I'm also grateful!!!!
-Ren

April 10, 2021, 02:23:08 PM
Reply #1

WAB

Asking this in a couple of places so forgive me if you've seen it more than once.  I am compilating rosters of the various hikes about the Ural regions in Jan/Feb/March of 1959.  Thus far, I have

Why do you need these lists? What can they do to solve the main mystery: what happened to Dyatlov's group?
But if you can't do without it - get it!

The leader of the group is Igor Fomenko, the members of the group: Victor Afanasiev, Victor Soliy, Lydia Rudenko, ... other participants Igor Fomenko did not remember when he recalled this trip, 55 years after it.
The group walked from the Perm region (from west to east) through the main ridge of the Ural Mountains and ended the route in Vizhay.
The closest point of their route was at least 45...50 km from the route of Dyatlov's group. They finished the route about 3...4 days before the Dyatlov group was supposed to be there according to the original timeline.

The leader of the group was Vladislav Karelin, and the members were Georgy Atmanaki, Viktor Granin, Evgeny Serditykh, Boris Borisov, Oleg Goryachko, Vladimir Skutin and Vladimir Shavkunov.
Their route started from Vizhay, like the Dyatlov or Blinov groups, but it started more than a week later. They were to meet (they agreed so) near the Oika-Chakur mountain, and then Karelin's group was to go south and finish the route in the town of Pokrovsk-Uralsky. They finished the route then. When the tent was found and Vladislav Karelin himself on February 27 was already on the pass.

Team leader - Yuri Blinov, participants: Ksenia Svechnikova, Valentina Tamilova, Kira Obodova, Vyacheslav Krotov, Evgeny Sinitsyn, Vladimir Strelnikov Stanislav Devyatov, Vsevolod Eroshev, Boris Sychev.
The Blinov's group route began simultaneously with Dyatlov's group from Vizhay, they had to go close to the south-west direction, visit Molebnaya Mountain, Martai Mountain, Denezhkin Stone Mountain, and had to finish the route in the town of Pokrovsk-Uralsky, just like Karelin's group, but one week earlier than Karelin's group. The closest point of their route was at least 50...60 km from the route of Dyatlov's group.

Dubinina mentions a Zhenya/Zhenka in her diary 1.25, but also then calls him Yurka; is she referring to Blinov himself? 

These are two different contestants. Zhenya or Evgeny it is Sinitsin's last name. "Yurka" was Blinov's own name. There were no other man by named Yury in that group.

Also a mention of Yurkina Olva; does anyone know who she is?

The Dog...  grin1

-Sverdlovsk Pedagogical Inst., 3 members named (Zhora Klein, Mihail Vladimirov, Vyacheslav Serdityh) can anyone point me to any other members of this group?

The leader of this group - Anatoly Shumkov, the participants: Mikhail Vladimirov, Georgy Klein, Margarita Kupriyanova, Faina Abramova, Anatoly Burlakov, Galina Ryazanova, Zoya Shilova, Svetlana Shmetter, Vyacheslav Serditykh.
Vladimirov wrote in his article that Vyacheslav Serditykh went with them and he is often confused with Evgeny Serditykh, who went in Vladislav Karelin's group. It was his brother, so it is necessary take into account this feature in the analysis of all events, so as not confuse finally.
Shumkov's group left the route week later than Dyatlov's group and were not in Vizhay, as they had started the route from Burmantovo. They also could not have been on Chistop Mountain on February 01 because they needed an airplane, not skis. they could not ski in deep snow twice as fast as the much stronger group of Dyatlov.

-Serov group (trek to Mt. Otorten canceled rerouted to Isherim) 3 members named (Lyudmila Vsevolzhskaya who did not go to Isherim, Oleg Viktorovich, Nikolaev Fyodor Ivanovich) does anyone have more info on this group?

This group was not in this area. It was created in the Perm region, and they had not approved the route to Otorten. Unless Lyudmila Vsevolzhskaya herself confused something. They went to the area of the Isherim mountain, which is located in the north of the Perm region, and to spend two or three extra days only one way for a trip to the Sverdlovsk region made no sense. Mount Isherim is higher and no less difficult and interesting than Otorten. So that's perfectly rational explanation for their route. I think that all conversations about this group and their desire to go to the places where Dyatlov's group went, appeared much later, when all this history began to become known.
Ask "Investigator" and he will confirm that there are always twice as many "witnesses" than all the obvious participants of the events, once the event becomes very popular.  lol2

-Sogrin's group, do not have any members yet, other than Sogrin (and Zolotaryov who transferred from this group to Dyatlov)

Group leader - Sergey Sogrin, participants: Evgeny Zinoviev, Victor Malyutin, Boris Martyushov, Igor Kuzminykh, Victor Plyshevsky,
The group went to a more northern area (about 350 km or 280 mi to the north) - the Circumpolar Urals, typical local place: Mount Sabre, Mount Neroyka. They started the route in the city of Pechora, which is on the Leningrad (St. Petersburg now) - Kotlas - Vorkuta railway line.
 They left on the same day as Dyatlov's group, but finished the route week later than Dyatlov's group should have done. At that time the search had already begun.

If anyone can point me towards finishing these lists or has info on participants I  am missing, I am eternally thankful!!  And if I am missing any hiking groups that were there, I'm also grateful!!!!

That's good!
I ask you to put your "thanks" in unopened state, under my desk!  clap1
Just kidding.  grin1

April 10, 2021, 02:35:13 PM
Reply #2

KFinn

Why do you need these lists? What can they do to solve the main mystery: what happened to Dyatlov's group?
But if you can't do without it - get it!

The leader of the group is Igor Fomenko, the members of the group: Victor Afanasiev, Victor Soliy, Lydia Rudenko, ... other participants Igor Fomenko did not remember when he recalled this trip, 55 years after it.
The group walked from the Perm region (from west to east) through the main ridge of the Ural Mountains and ended the route in Vizhay.
The closest point of their route was at least 45...50 km from the route of Dyatlov's group. They finished the route about 3...4 days before the Dyatlov group was supposed to be there according to the original timeline.

The leader of the group was Vladislav Karelin, and the members were Georgy Atmanaki, Viktor Granin, Evgeny Serditykh, Boris Borisov, Oleg Goryachko, Vladimir Skutin and Vladimir Shavkunov.
Their route started from Vizhay, like the Dyatlov or Blinov groups, but it started more than a week later. They were to meet (they agreed so) near the Oika-Chakur mountain, and then Karelin's group was to go south and finish the route in the town of Pokrovsk-Uralsky. They finished the route then. When the tent was found and Vladislav Karelin himself on February 27 was already on the pass.

Team leader - Yuri Blinov, participants: Ksenia Svechnikova, Valentina Tamilova, Kira Obodova, Vyacheslav Krotov, Evgeny Sinitsyn, Vladimir Strelnikov Stanislav Devyatov, Vsevolod Eroshev, Boris Sychev.
The Blinov's group route began simultaneously with Dyatlov's group from Vizhay, they had to go close to the south-west direction, visit Molebnaya Mountain, Martai Mountain, Denezhkin Stone Mountain, and had to finish the route in the town of Pokrovsk-Uralsky, just like Karelin's group, but one week earlier than Karelin's group. The closest point of their route was at least 50...60 km from the route of Dyatlov's group.

Dubinina mentions a Zhenya/Zhenka in her diary 1.25, but also then calls him Yurka; is she referring to Blinov himself? 

These are two different contestants. Zhenya or Evgeny it is Sinitsin's last name. "Yurka" was Blinov's own name. There were no other man by named Yury in that group.

Also a mention of Yurkina Olva; does anyone know who she is?

The Dog...  grin1

The leader of this group - Anatoly Shumkov, the participants: Mikhail Vladimirov, Georgy Klein, Margarita Kupriyanova, Faina Abramova, Anatoly Burlakov, Galina Ryazanova, Zoya Shilova, Svetlana Shmetter, Vyacheslav Serditykh.
Vladimirov wrote in his article that Vyacheslav Serditykh went with them and he is often confused with Evgeny Serditykh, who went in Vladislav Karelin's group. It was his brother, so it is necessary take into account this feature in the analysis of all events, so as not confuse finally.
Shumkov's group left the route week later than Dyatlov's group and were not in Vizhay, as they had started the route from Burmantovo. They also could not have been on Chistop Mountain on February 01 because they needed an airplane, not skis. they could not ski in deep snow twice as fast as the much stronger group of Dyatlov.

This group was not in this area. It was created in the Perm region, and they had not approved the route to Otorten. Unless Lyudmila Vsevolzhskaya herself confused something. They went to the area of the Isherim mountain, which is located in the north of the Perm region, and to spend two or three extra days only one way for a trip to the Sverdlovsk region made no sense. Mount Isherim is higher and no less difficult and interesting than Otorten. So that's perfectly rational explanation for their route. I think that all conversations about this group and their desire to go to the places where Dyatlov's group went, appeared much later, when all this history began to become known.
Ask "Investigator" and he will confirm that there are always twice as many "witnesses" than all the obvious participants of the events, once the event becomes very popular.  lol2

Group leader - Sergey Sogrin, participants: Evgeny Zinoviev, Victor Malyutin, Boris Martyushov, Igor Kuzminykh, Victor Plyshevsky,
The group went to a more northern area (about 350 km or 280 mi to the north) - the Circumpolar Urals, typical local place: Mount Sabre, Mount Neroyka. They started the route in the city of Pechora, which is on the Leningrad (St. Petersburg now) - Kotlas - Vorkuta railway line.
 They left on the same day as Dyatlov's group, but finished the route week later than Dyatlov's group should have done. At that time the search had already begun.

That's good!
I ask you to put your "thanks" in unopened state, under my desk!  clap1
Just kidding.  grin1

Thank you, so very much!!!!! 
-Ren

April 10, 2021, 03:10:25 PM
Reply #3

WAB

Along with "very please", I can add 2 more names to the list of Igor Fomenko's group (Rostov Pedagogical Institute), which I happened have on another sheet: Vladimir Negovorov, Ivan Mazhar. The seventh member Fomenko's group, Igor Fomenko never remembered. If there was one at all. grin1

April 10, 2021, 03:50:32 PM
Reply #4

KFinn

Along with "very please", I can add 2 more names to the list of Igor Fomenko's group (Rostov Pedagogical Institute), which I happened have on another sheet: Vladimir Negovorov, Ivan Mazhar. The seventh member Fomenko's group, Igor Fomenko never remembered. If there was one at all. grin1

His memory did seem rather lacking!!  But I can not say much.  I am lucky to remember what I ate for breakfast most days!!!!
-Ren

April 16, 2021, 11:11:33 AM
Reply #5

KFinn

« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 12:33:03 PM by KFinn »
-Ren

April 23, 2021, 10:20:38 AM
Reply #6

KFinn

Good sir, I know you are going to be away for a bit but I have a couple more questions.  When you say the Shumkov group left 1 week after Dyatlov, what do we consider the Dyatlov start date?  Is it when they left Sverdlovsk, Vizhay or when they started skiing? 

I know that while they were on Chistop, the Shumkov group had believed they saw a bright object above 1079. Could they have seen the rocket on the 17 of February? 
-Ren