May 05, 2024, 07:09:03 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Vladimir Askinadzi
« Last post by anna_pycckux on Today at 06:31:06 AM »
One consequence would be to make a public example of their disloyalty for reasons of solidarity.
1. Логичнее было бы скрыть нелояльность туристов, что и было сделано. В стране, движущейся к коммунизму, не должно быть нелояльных людей.
2. Массового выхода в раздетом виде из палатки не было. Это фальшивый штамп, ничем не подтвержденный.

1. It would be more logical to hide the disloyalty of tourists, which was done. There should be no disloyal people in a country moving towards communism.
2. There was no mass naked exit from the tent. This is a false stamp, not confirmed by anything.
« Last post by GlennM on Today at 06:14:38 AM »
If the tourists were going to defect and subsequently be murdered for attempting to do so, then one of two things would follow. One consequence would be to make a public example of their disloyalty for reasons of solidarity. Two, supress the assasination and obfuscate their disloyalty. Neither was done. Finally, the explanation of why they left the tent en masse and the condition ofntheir remins does nothing to reinforce either of the two reasons mentioned. An accidental tragedy makes more sense.
General Discussion / Re: The radioactive trace on the Dyatlov Pass
« Last post by GlennM on Today at 06:01:50 AM »
Again, radioactivity was, in miniscule amounts detected on them, not in them. This is not central to the question of their demise. It is a distraction. The discussion is a learned one though.
« Last post by anna_pycckux on Today at 03:57:04 AM »
Уважаемый Владимир Михайлович, я рада приветствовать Вас на лучшем форуме, посвященном перевалу Дятлова. Вы всегда готовы ответить на все вопросы. Однако ответа на вопрос, заданный неугомонной Анной, так и не последовало:
мог ли глава Свердловского обкома Кириленко спокойно отправиться на 21-й съезд КПСС в конце января, ничего не предпринимая, если бы КГБ доложил ему, что группа туристов намеревалась сбежать во время съезда в Норвегию? (Америку, Китай). Вы и сами не раз говорили, что Вас просили искать следы туристов, ведущие за границу.

Dear Vladimir Mikhailovich, I am glad to welcome you to the best forum dedicated to the Dyatlov Pass. You are always ready to answer all questions. However
, there was no answer to the question posed by the restless Anna:
could the head of the Sverdlovsk regional committee Kirilenko have quietly gone to the 21st congress of the CPSU at the end of January, if the KGB had reported to him that a group of tourists intended to escape during the congress to Norway? (America, China..) You yourself have said more than once that you were asked to look for traces of tourists leading abroad.
« Last post by Axelrod on Today at 03:52:40 AM »
XX: We do not know exactly what the radioactive material is, for example, Cs-137 (cesium)
I am gradudte of Moscow Intitute of physics and technology, .
It so happened that on the first day of my first year, September 1, at 8 pm, I was writing a test in nuclear physics. but a was working as phogrammer in Multimedia Technologies. Therefore, I am familiar with this situation only from old memory.

When researching this situation, espacialy in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesium-137 i see

Caesium-137 has a half-life of about 30.05 years.[1] About 94.6% decays by beta emission to a metastable nuclear isomer of barium: barium-137m (137mBa, Ba-137m). The remainder directly populates the ground state of 137Ba, which is stable. Barium-137m has a half-life of about 153 seconds, and is responsible for all of the gamma ray emissions in samples of 137Cs. Barium-137m decays to the ground state by emission of photons having energy 0.6617 MeV.[8] A total of 85.1% of 137Cs decay generates gamma ray emission in this manner.

Now lets' see https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-371-377
Sheet 373
Alpha particles and gamma quants were not detected.

So, Cesium 137 is not suitable for this situation.
« Last post by GlennM on May 04, 2024, 08:30:10 PM »
It reduces to three possibilities 1. They brought it with them ( from work or school) 2. They acquired it from the environment ( prospecting and naturally radioactive environmental exposure 3. They were contaminated from radioactive fallout. Of the three scenarios, only the third, radioactive fallout links to a reason the ended up as they did. There is nothing in the record indicating widespread radioactive contamination in the area then or now. No rocket debris has been identified. I submit the whole matter of radiation, geiger counters and suspicious death is a red herring.
General Discussion / Re: The Search
« Last post by GlennM on May 04, 2024, 08:17:26 PM »
Then again, the rescue team had no experience in doing this sort of thing. They were relieved that no bodies were in the tent. It was rescue right up until it wasn't. It seems reasonable to me to expect the other seven hikers to be found somewhere between tent and cedar, especially if they suspected a snow slide of any magnitude.
General Discussion / Re: The Search
« Last post by KathleenDSmith1 on May 04, 2024, 03:12:45 PM »
Everyone and Teddyn

It's the search itself that bothers me....First two were found both Yuri's K, in the middle of the mountain, then search upwards on the mountain found  Igor and Zina...Searchers should have divided into separate groups...could have been found alot earlier with less snow....you have remember all 4 remaining hikers were found under 10 feet?  How? Know one had mentioned ten feet of snow during last two month span...

sending image

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith

« Last post by Teddy on May 04, 2024, 11:22:47 AM »
I solicited an opinion from someone who is currently a NPP safety consultant. She read the criminal case and responded but does not want her name to be mentioned:
=======================
XX: It is difficult to draw a conclusions. There is not enough information. Did the students have classes and exercises in nuclear physics? In those years, the rules were not very strict and it is possible that they got infected in the laboratories.
It's a pity they didn't do an isotopic analysis. Just beta contamination, more like work/test/experiment contamination. We o not know exactly what the radioactive material is, for example, Cs-137 (cesium) or another substance - strontium.
Teddy: The one the contaminated clothes belong to was a nuclear physics student (Kolevatov).
XX: Perhaps he contaminated the rest.
Teddy: But only his clothes were contaminated, he and one more participant who worked on Chelyabinsk-40 when there was an accident (Krivonischenko).
XX: Most likely, this is the reason. In those years, there were still no such strict rules for safe work with radioactive substances.
« Last post by Teddy on May 04, 2024, 10:25:13 AM »
Here is Askinadzi's comment on the latest article in Konsomolskaya Pravda.
https://dyatlovpass.com/threat-from-the-air-KP#askinadzi
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10