Victims and Case Files > Case Files

Inspection Of The Tent

<< < (4/9) > >>

Vietnamka:

--- Quote from: cz on May 27, 2018, 04:17:54 PM ---
The tent was brought to Ivdel on March 3rd. As far as I know, Ivanov first believed that the damage was due to an attack from the outside. It was only when a woman, who was a taylor coming to fix his uniform, stepped into his office that he learned that the cuts were made from within. I do not know when exactly this happened. Possibly, this opinion, which is an expert's opinion in a way, is being referred to here. In the document you pointed out, it sounds as if the opinion of a forensic expert is meant, which may not be the case. So, this is just an idea...

--- End quote ---

Yes, you're right. We know the story from Korotaev.

--- Quote ---"When the tent was brought to my office for investigation, a woman entered the room and, when she saw the tent, she said she had worked for 30 years as a seamstress in Ivdellag (prison); and she took one look at the fabric of the tent and told me the tent was cut from the inside, not the outside. For me, this was significant, and I ordered the tent to be sent for a forensic examination."
--- End quote ---
https://dyatlovpass.com/rescuers#korotaev

Following questions:
1) Can a seamstress recognise from wich side the tent has been cut, only "taking one look"?
 - expertise:

--- Quote --- Scratches are observed in the surface damage of the filaments: the filaments are either cut in half / see photo № 10 /, or with them the dye is simply scratched off and not the colored parts are visible
--- End quote ---
Conclusions about the side of cuting  were made on the basis of scratches by

--- Quote --- microscopic examination of the edges of the cuts of the adjacent tissue sections was made / zoom level from 0.6 to 56X / .
--- End quote ---
The seamstress had very good vision.

2) "I ordered the tent to be sent for a forensic examination" Korotaev said.
But we know only one ordering. From Ivanov, not from Korotaev.

--- Quote ---...  criminal prosecutor Jr. Justice Adviser Ivanova L.N. for the production of forensic examination...
--- End quote ---
There are still the same qustions: did Korotaev lie or did he order ANOTHER expertise in another lab?

3) How the Masters from Moscow were stupid are transfering information from the seamstress to the СС СPSU? If even for Korotaev her words were just the reasone for ordering a forensic examination

Did Korotaev told a true in his interviw? Not exactly.
 Oleg Arhipov, Russian writer who has long been engaged in the theme of the Pass, found Korotaev's privet archive. One document from archive was published just 2 weeks ago by KP.  Graphological expertise confirmed that this document was written by Tempalov.

https://www.kp.ru/daily/26829/3869201/

Full text in Russian. I hope Teddy translate it more accurate then me.

--- Quote ---«Владимир Иванович (подчеркнуто)

Для доклада зам.прокурору РСФСР по уголовному делу по факту смерти туристов я вызван и уезжаю в г.Свердловск на 2-3 дня, поэтому прошу тут смотреть и чтобы было все в порядке. Прошу тебя интересоваться за н/судами (народные суды. - Авт.), если пошлют дела на доследование или будут оправданы, опротестуй приговора также в 5-ти дневный срок. Все дела верные.
Кроме того, по заданию облпрокурора допроси нач-ка лаг отделения Хакимова на пос.Вижай по вопросу говорил ли начальник туристской группы Дятлов (который погиб) о том, что они вернутся в Вижай не 12/II 59 г., а 15/II 59 г.

Это нужно сделать быстрее. Я позвоню тебе из г.Свердловска.

15/II 59 г. (зачеркнуто)16/II 59 г. должен быть вынесен приговор по Реебу, поэтому если оправдан или дело послано на доследование, то нужно писать протест обязательно.

С приветом Прок. Темпалов. 15/II 59 г.».
--- End quote ---

Summary: Tempalov asked Korotaev to follow up some ctriminal cases because he (Tempalov)  was summoned to Sverdlovsk. The reasone of  visit is death of tourist group, leaded by Dyatlov.
And date. 15 of February. BEFORE even relatives began to worry about the group.

cz:

--- Quote --- Summary: Tempalov asked Korotaev to follow up some ctriminal cases because he (Tempalov)  was summoned to Sverdlovsk. The reasone of  visit is death of tourist group, leaded by Dyatlov.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your efforts to translate some of this! The date is of course startling. It may be a stupid question, but is this possibly a Julian date? This would make it Feb. 28 Gregorian. I think I read that this calendar was still occasionally used in Russia at the time although it would certainly have fallen out of fashion in 1959.

cz:

--- Quote from: Vietnamka on May 27, 2018, 10:17:53 PM ---
1) Can a seamstress recognise from wich side the tent has been cut, only "taking one look"?

--- End quote ---

Of course, I do not this with any certainty. I would put some trust, however, in the ability of a long-term seamstress to assess such damage. I believe "one look" should not be taken literally here (modulo potential subtleties of the Russian original). The forensic analysis may have uncovered detail, which may not have been part (and not necessary) for the judgement of the seamstress. At least it appears to be in accordance with the forensics.

CalzagheChick:

--- Quote from: cz on May 28, 2018, 04:20:16 PM ---
--- Quote --- Summary: Tempalov asked Korotaev to follow up some ctriminal cases because he (Tempalov)  was summoned to Sverdlovsk. The reasone of  visit is death of tourist group, leaded by Dyatlov.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your efforts to translate some of this! The date is of course startling. It may be a stupid question, but is this possibly a Julian date? This would make it Feb. 28 Gregorian. I think I read that this calendar was still occasionally used in Russia at the time although it would certainly have fallen out of fashion in 1959.

--- End quote ---

That's a moment of genius! I heard the same thing. At this time the calendars were being switched from Julian to Gregorian.

Per Inge Oestmoen:

--- Quote from: CalzagheChick on May 28, 2018, 05:25:38 PM ---That's a moment of genius! I heard the same thing. At this time the calendars were being switched from Julian to Gregorian.

--- End quote ---

The next question which should be asked now:

Is there any way to find out if Tempalov wrote a Julian date or a Gregorian date?

The KP journalists must be able to answer that question.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version