March 28, 2024, 04:18:26 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Who Put Bella Down the Wych Elm?  (Read 6799 times)

May 28, 2018, 11:45:41 AM
Read 6799 times

Armide

This is one of my favourite mysteries of all time:

On 18 April 1943, four young boys from Hagley had been hunting for food in Hagley Wood, when they came across a hollow Wych Elm with a large white egg  in the middle. Thinking it was a large bird's nest and hungry for any sort of food, the boys lifted out of the Wych Elm, only to realise it was a human skull. When the police began their investigation, they found a skeleton that was nearly complete, except for a hand found a few meters away. Investigators and forensic pathologists were unable to tell what had happened to this skeleton, which was found to be that of a woman in her 30's. Despite having clear dental patterns and parts of clothes still on her, databases were unreliable due to the course of the Second World War, and she was never identified.

A year after strange graffiti began appearing, the first of which read "Who put Bella down the Wych Elm?". There are countless theories that are floating around today, but the case still remains unsolved. Here's a great podcast if you'd like to found out more on the incident:

http://www.unexplainedpodcast.com/episodes/2017/1/26/s02-episode-1-whispers-in-the-trees-pt1

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:53:58 AM by Armide »

May 28, 2018, 03:27:36 PM
Reply #1

CalzagheChick

I've never heard of this. I'm grateful for some mysteries that I'm unfamiliar with.

I stumbled upon this series of 2 hour long pod casts called Paranormal Review Radio. One of the podcasts of course I listened to was done on a Black Friday 3 years ago where they reached out to the Dyatlov 9 on their paranormal ghost boxes.

Anyway, these podcasts are filled with tons of great stuff. Entertaining.

https://player.fm/series/paranormal-review-radio

July 30, 2019, 04:14:16 PM
Reply #2

BottledBrunette

That writing on the wall reminds me of some unsolved murder of a girl in Joplin, MO, I think in 1970 or 71, can't really remember.  I remember my parents and brothers and sisters were visiting my grandparents in Neosho, MO, and on the news, they said a head had been found in a girl scout camp toilet.  Later the body was found.  I guess someone wrote something to the effect that the blacks are the one who killed the girl on some wall at the girl scout camp.  Needless to say, the camp stopped being used again and just sort of turned into a deserted park that people would go to once in a great while.  One day, while in college in Joplin, a bunch of my friends and I all piled into cars and went to various places to goof around at, and one of the places brought up was the girl scout camp.  So, we all headed up there.  It was a really beautiful place, but, I don't think anyone ever went there a whole lot.  There were swing sets, so we swung on them, and walked around, and it was really spooky because we were the only ones there, except for some man who was walking around which we saw later on and scared us, but not before we saw the writing that is still on the wall about who killed the girl.  It was so unnerving and then seeing a man walking around after that scared us all and we all got in the cars and drove off.  The murder is still unsolved, poor girl.  When, I saw that writing on the wall, brought back memories of college and going to that spooky, deserted girl scout camp and how spooky it was.  We all felt a little weird there and half of my friends didn't think about ghosts being real or not.  Never went back, and don't know if they tore it down or if its still there.