May 04, 2024, 10:50:45 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: The radioactive trace on the Dyatlov Pass
« Last post by GlennM on Today at 08:30:10 PM »
It reduces to three possibilities 1. They brought it with them ( from work or school) 2. They acquired it from the environment ( prospecting and naturally radioactive environmental exposure 3. They were contaminated from radioactive fallout. Of the three scenarios, only the third, radioactive fallout links to a reason the ended up as they did. There is nothing in the record indicating widespread radioactive contamination in the area then or now. No rocket debris has been identified. I submit the whole matter of radiation, geiger counters and suspicious death is a red herring.
General Discussion / Re: The Search
« Last post by GlennM on Today at 08:17:26 PM »
Then again, the rescue team had no experience in doing this sort of thing. They were relieved that no bodies were in the tent. It was rescue right up until it wasn't. It seems reasonable to me to expect the other seven hikers to be found somewhere between tent and cedar, especially if they suspected a snow slide of any magnitude.
« Last post by KathleenDSmith1 on Today at 03:12:45 PM »
Everyone and Teddyn

It's the search itself that bothers me....First two were found both Yuri's K, in the middle of the mountain, then search upwards on the mountain found  Igor and Zina...Searchers should have divided into separate groups...could have been found alot earlier with less snow....you have remember all 4 remaining hikers were found under 10 feet?  How? Know one had mentioned ten feet of snow during last two month span...

sending image

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith

General Discussion / Re: The radioactive trace on the Dyatlov Pass
« Last post by Teddy on Today at 11:22:47 AM »
I solicited an opinion from someone who is currently a NPP safety consultant. She read the criminal case and responded but does not want her name to be mentioned:
=======================
XX: It is difficult to draw a conclusions. There is not enough information. Did the students have classes and exercises in nuclear physics? In those years, the rules were not very strict and it is possible that they got infected in the laboratories.
It's a pity they didn't do an isotopic analysis. Just beta contamination, more like work/test/experiment contamination. We o not know exactly what the radioactive material is, for example, Cs-137 (cesium) or another substance - strontium.
Teddy: The one the contaminated clothes belong to was a nuclear physics student (Kolevatov).
XX: Perhaps he contaminated the rest.
Teddy: But only his clothes were contaminated, he and one more participant who worked on Chelyabinsk-40 when there was an accident (Krivonischenko).
XX: Most likely, this is the reason. In those years, there were still no such strict rules for safe work with radioactive substances.
General Discussion / Re: Vladimir Askinadzi
« Last post by Teddy on Today at 10:25:13 AM »
Here is Askinadzi's comment on the latest article in Konsomolskaya Pravda.
https://dyatlovpass.com/threat-from-the-air-KP#askinadzi
« Last post by MDGross on Today at 10:03:30 AM »
Добро пожаловать, сэр. Это честь.
« Last post by Ziljoe on Today at 08:26:41 AM »
It is an honour indeed. Many thanks to Владимир Михайлович (Vladimir Mihaylovich).

I'm ok with any Russian text as my page automatically translates .
General Discussion / Vladimir Askinadzi
« Last post by Teddy on Today at 08:18:28 AM »
I know you are following the General discussion so I am opening the topic here. Askinadzi has joined the forum, Владимир Михайлович (Vladimir Mihaylovich) are his first and patronymic names. Please do not reproach him to translate what he has to say. This is the only exception we are going to make for this forum. I will translate what he says keeping the Russian text. This is great honor and once in a lifetime opportunity to ask him questions.
« Last post by GlennM on May 03, 2024, 10:31:16 AM »
 A little foot dragging is permissable back then. After all the snow gets deep.
« Last post by Teddy on May 03, 2024, 05:24:55 AM »
I asked Askinadzi this question, but he doubts this option.

So do I.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10