Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Survival programs as a resource.

<< < (4/4)

WinterLeia:
Well, I was only out there for about five or six minutes. If I had been walking around in the snow for as long as the Dyatlov group likely was, I probably wouldn’t have feet anymore.

Ziljoe:
The evidence shows that you can walk in socks for a long time. It shows in the video links.

WinterLeia:
Well, if they didn’t get injured at the tent, which I don’t believe, obviously something else happened. I don’t know that it had anything to do with their feet or even falling in the ravine. But my post was mainly aimed at the fact that I think Yudin was most definitely overstating his case, and Luda’s toes were frostbitten. In fact, she seems to have wrapped a piece of clothing around one foot in a desperate attempt to save it. Nicolai and Semyon, meanwhile, were not wearing just socks. They also had felt boots and the autopsy doesn’t say anything about the state of their toes, except they had bath skin, which is from laying in water. But I think with everything that was happening, between hypothermia, frostbitten hands, possibly frostbitten toes, whatever happened at the tent, it being dark and cold, not to mention the overwhelming feelings of fear, sadness, and hopelessness they might have been experiencing at  that point, I don’t find it hard to believe they might have taken a misstep or done something to cause the snow den to cave in on them while they were building it or climbing into it. They were in a hostile environment, unprepared, and probably not operating at top form. Anything could have happened. This takes nothing away from them. They were not invincible, and they could have simply been overwhelmed with too many things going wrong in succession, before they had much of a chance to recover from the last thing that had went wrong.

Ziljoe:
I agree, I think the main injuries happened at the ceder/ ravine. It just took one of them to fall through a steam Ice bridge  or build a snow cave and things escalate from there.

Ziljoe:
This video is from a book "to build a fire" by Jack London, written in 1908. It is narrated by Orson Welles and directed by David Cobham in 1969.

Although a story and a low budget film, it has a certain charm and tension that might give us an insight to some of the things experienced by the Dyatlov group. It certainly highlights the potential dangers of the cold and the deterioration of the mind and body against the elements.

It's about a man traveling a path in freezing cold conditions to meet some others at a camp but a series of events occur. The story identifies the problems of creeks and ravines being hidden by snow and this was written in 1908.

https://youtu.be/RBB06RLmCcU?si=zh6YViTe-V1c6t8p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version