June 28, 2024, 02:38:52 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: what makes me think it wasn't a natural event and a cover up  (Read 11775 times)

January 03, 2023, 09:55:26 PM
Read 11775 times

tenne

and please, before this thread gets de railed by a 15 page tirade on how people outside of russia have no right to say anything about russia, all governments in the world do cover ups. This isn't an attack on russia that needs a 15 page rant to defend it.

1. The diaries.
 a)The writing in the official diary changes, the last two entries do not mention anyone by name, every other entry does.
b) the events of Jan 25, 1959 are described quite differently in the diaries that mention it
3) inconsistencies in the way dates are written and dates themselves

2. The tent
a) I think its impossible to carry a heavy wet canvas tent on a back pack. Lots of photos posted of a tent set up but I can only find one photo from that trip
b) no one would cut their way out of a tent like that. If a person had to cut the tent, then that would assume they could look for a knife to use and the tent collapsed from  snow doesn't seem to make that a possibility. If they had time to find a knife and make the cuts, they would have done it on the end, not the side. much easier to fix later and be useable because the end is much smaller

3. inserting a questionable person into the group. Why was there a need to replace the other hiker? Did it have to be X amount of people?

4. Camping on an open slope with no heat source when one was easily available

5. photos, the group took care to begin with to make sure easily identifiable spots and people were in the photos,  then they didn't. I don't know how old many of us are on this forum but developing photos was very expensive, film was expensive, unless you were able to afford it, no one just took random photos

6 the fire under the cedar tree
a) how did they physically manage to light the fire, well discussed before, just putting it in the list
b) why walk all that way to the cedar, they could have gone into trees much closer

7 the den
a) without a knife, one was never officially recorded there, how did they cut the branches to drag to the den?
b) there didn't seem to be a trail to the den from the cedar so did they take all those branches with them from the cedar or did they have to walk back and forth to get them and that would make a better defined trail
c) with no digging instruments at all, how did they manage to dig such a big den, if the photo in the archives is accurate on how they found it and why so big? Freezing cold weather, not dressed properly, most likely wet from sweat from the walk and digging, are going to sit that far apart? I think survival would over ride propriety
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 10:08:47 PM by tenne »

The following users thanked this post: Ehtnisba

January 03, 2023, 10:03:51 PM
Reply #1

GlennM

Tenne,  very good points.
How many of them can you resolve by playing devil's advocate?
We don't have to say everything that comes into our head.

January 03, 2023, 10:08:19 PM
Reply #2

tenne

most if not all, that's the biggest challenge with this case

January 03, 2023, 10:20:54 PM
Reply #3

Почемучка

How many of them can you resolve by playing devil's advocate?

Не больше ноля. Адвокат - это по крайней мере человек, который рассматривает уголовное дело с точки зрения юридического соответствия. А потомственная внучка зверолова, то есть профессионального следопыта, вряд ли ответит на вопрос - что за зверь здесь протоптался и как давно.
No more than zero. A lawyer is at least a person who examines a criminal case in terms of legal compliance. And the hereditary granddaughter of a hunter, that is, a professional tracker, is unlikely to answer the question - what kind of animal trampled here and for how long.

https://dyatlovpass.com/post-mortem

Between was and was not - the river of time. You have to be able to swim - not only in the water ...

January 03, 2023, 10:32:07 PM
Reply #4

GlennM

Then lets deal with the tent. (1) the hikers carried it up the Auspira valley (2) they could have cached the tent at the labaz, but did not, (3) they took the high pass, not the Dyatlov pass burdened with the tent (4) they were not going to encircle Otorten and make it back to the labaz in a day (5) the tent was found on 1079. Can we conclude that the tent was worth the effort to carry? Can we assume that the tent was cumbersome, especially if moisture froze it? Can we surmise that if the hikers actually set the tent in the vicinity of the cedar that conspirators would need to move the tent, its contents, the skies and poles to a point almost a mile distant and effectively mock up a camp while leaving no evidence of their efforts? Can we add that those same conspirators would obliterate evidence of a camp by the cedar? Can we assume that the conspirators waited until the deed was done and then moved in among the dead to stage the tent in such an improbable location?

Every time a conspiracy is considered, the amount of improbable behavior on everybody's part, known and unknown complicates what is actually relatively straight forward. Respond,please.

January 03, 2023, 10:46:21 PM
Reply #5

tenne

I think that a main difference between the different theories is :
do we believe the evidence is the truth or the evidence is physical things that could have been faked?
I believe that parts of the evidence was faked so I will answer based on that assumption (and really, assumptions are all we have because we weren't there)

only (5) is a known fact, the others are based on evidence that I believe was faked

This is where we differ vastly in theories, I do not believe they went much past where they left Yurin Yudin, the sled didn't work to pull the tent, so they set it up once or twice and then just skiied from there. They were in their 20s, enjoying what they loved and didn't turn back once they realized they couldn't continue as planned.

They ran into trouble skiing where and when they weren't supposed to be. As they all skiied in a line, I believe there was some sort of blast and the last ones in line really did die of hypothermia. That's when the cover up began because no one was willing to take reasonability for the deaths of young promising students   

January 03, 2023, 10:47:53 PM
Reply #6

tenne

I think that a main difference between the different theories is :
do we believe the evidence is the truth or the evidence is physical things that could have been faked?
I believe that parts of the evidence was faked so I will answer based on that assumption (and really, assumptions are all we have because we weren't there)

only (5) is a known fact, the others are based on evidence that I believe was faked

This is where we differ vastly in theories, I do not believe they went much past where they left Yurin Yudin, the sled didn't work to pull the tent, so they set it up once or twice and then just skiied from there. They were in their 20s, enjoying what they loved and didn't turn back once they realized they couldn't continue as planned.

They ran into trouble skiing where and when they weren't supposed to be. As they all skiied in a line, I believe there was some sort of blast and the last ones in line really did die of hypothermia. That's when the cover up began because no one was willing to take reasonability for the deaths of young promising students. 'Passing the buck' is a well known corruption in every society

January 03, 2023, 11:17:37 PM
Reply #7

Osi

A kind of igloo. 6 meters from the stream. But it was built not by being raised, but by digging. A small empty swimming pool. For protection from the wind. By insulating the ground with branches and continents. It was planned to be moved here after the fire got stronger. However, when it was understood that the fire was extinguished, it should have been decided to open a completely closed room by opening a horizontal hole to protect from the cold. The strongest one will dig up the snow with the help of a stake, carry the earthwork coming from behind with his hand and gather in the pool. Yes, it seems impossible, but his instincts for life must have allowed it. After a hole of 2 meters, a small living room of 4 square meters by 1 meter on the river side. This room must have been somewhere just 2 meters in front of the stream due to the distance traveled.
A real jolt is better than a wrong balance.

January 04, 2023, 07:19:10 AM
Reply #8

GlennM

It strikes me as unusual that none of the nine hikers elected to write, film or otherwise document what happened to them. No note to authorities, no letter to family, no dying profession of love for another. If I were a conspirator, I would not leave corpses around. I would take cameras and notebooks. Would that make it definitely look like a crime? Yes! Catch me if you can! Apparently people who assumed a crime was perpetrated were very poor detectives. Since the notebooks and cameras remained along with tools( weapons) it is hard to accept a direct person to person attack of the DP9.

January 04, 2023, 08:42:36 AM
Reply #9

tenne

A kind of igloo. 6 meters from the stream. But it was built not by being raised, but by digging. A small empty swimming pool. For protection from the wind. By insulating the ground with branches and continents. It was planned to be moved here after the fire got stronger. However, when it was understood that the fire was extinguished, it should have been decided to open a completely closed room by opening a horizontal hole to protect from the cold. The strongest one will dig up the snow with the help of a stake, carry the earthwork coming from behind with his hand and gather in the pool. Yes, it seems impossible, but his instincts for life must have allowed it. After a hole of 2 meters, a small living room of 4 square meters by 1 meter on the river side. This room must have been somewhere just 2 meters in front of the stream due to the distance traveled.

First I have to ask you if you have ever built a snow den. I have, its a common childhood activity here, in fact the town issues a warning when they are removing the big banks of snow so parents can ensure their children are not in the snow fort they built and get hurt or worse when the snow plow removes the bank

To build an igloo requires a very specific type of snow, it must be wet enough to form together in blocks, the blocks are cut out of the snow, not put together like a snowball but it must not be so wet it falls apart

to cut into a bank to make a den, the snow must be hard packed in order for the roof to stay up and not collapse. This would require a lot of effort with the bare hands, even in mitts and wearing snow pants etc it is hard work so I doubt they did that given they would know that working up a sweat would kill them

and why would they build such a big den? the only heat was their body heat and to stay warm enough to live they had to heat up the area so they would build a den big enough they could pack in and not touch the walls or roof so it didn't start to weep

January 04, 2023, 08:45:22 AM
Reply #10

tenne

It strikes me as unusual that none of the nine hikers elected to write, film or otherwise document what happened to them. No note to authorities, no letter to family, no dying profession of love for another. If I were a conspirator, I would not leave corpses around. I would take cameras and notebooks. Would that make it definitely look like a crime? Yes! Catch me if you can! Apparently people who assumed a crime was perpetrated were very poor detectives. Since the notebooks and cameras remained along with tools( weapons) it is hard to accept a direct person to person attack of the DP9.

I am going to assume that I didn't explain my theory properly because you have missed a few points. I never ever said direct person to person attack, I believe it was an explosion of some kind. Given the fact that radiation was found on clothing and the person who worked in that area hadn't worked there for 2.5 years and the clothing lost about 30% of the radiation after washing. I can't imagine he never washed his clothing for 2.5 years and laying in running water still left that high a count

I also posted that I believe they were skiing in a line when the blast went off so how would they be able to film anything? they didn't ski with their camera on ready, these were not phone cameras

Given the very strange status? history? of Alexander Kolevatov, his death would be an issue that no one wanted to own up to. like I said, passing the buck is a known corruption in every country
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 08:52:35 AM by tenne »

January 04, 2023, 08:58:32 AM
Reply #11

Manti

I mostly agree with what you wrote... but a couple of points:
2. The tent
a) I think its impossible to carry a heavy wet canvas tent on a back pack.
Hmm, why would the tent be wet?

It is possible, that they in fact planned to set up the stove. It was on the floor unassembled. But if I plan to sleep in the tent without  a stove, I'd store it outside in the snow, not leave it inside. So in this scenario, they maybe sent some people to the forest to bring more firewood, and people are planning to assemble the stove in the tent, but something happens when they barely started.

January 04, 2023, 09:00:59 AM
Reply #12

tenne

I wasn't there but the first thing I would do was get the stove going. that is the #1 priority, things get broken when carried, getting it set up and making sure it was working then setting out for wood makes much more sense. They had wood with them so its anyone's guess if they needed more

January 04, 2023, 09:01:03 AM
Reply #13

Manti

Given the fact that radiation was found on clothing and the person who worked in that area hadn't worked there for 2.5 years and the clothing lost about 30% of the radiation after washing. I can't imagine he never washed his clothing for 2.5 years and laying in running water still left that high a count

I wondered a lot about radiation, now I believe it was from the glow in the dark paint on the hands of their watches. At the time, radioactive radium was used for this. And as they laid in the stream, the water washed it out of their watches and into specific spots on their clothing.

January 04, 2023, 09:03:57 AM
Reply #14

Manti

I wasn't there but the first thing I would do was get the stove going. that is the #1 priority, things get broken when carried, getting it set up and making sure it was working then setting out for wood makes much more sense. They had wood with them so its anyone's guess if they needed more
From what I've read they had 1 log. They needed much more if they planned to spend a whole night there.

And... I think there were enough people to do the two things at the same time. 2 people assembling, 2-3-4 collecting wood. Even then you're left with people who have nothing to do and in those conditions, standing still is worse than doing something, so maybe all 7 others went to collect wood? At least that's what I'd do. Actually, I'd rebel against Igor and refuse to camp on the slope...

January 04, 2023, 09:06:43 AM
Reply #15

Почемучка

Given the very strange status? history? of Alexander Kolevatov, his death would be an issue that no one wanted to own up to. like I said, passing the buck is a known corruption in every country
Как оказывается месье Чарльз влияет на неокрепшую психику внучек потомственных звероловов...И что Вам не дает покоя в Александре Колеватове, если Георгий Кривонищенко был сыном начальника строительства Белоярской атомной электростанции?
As it turns out, Monsieur Charles affects the fragile psyche of the granddaughters of hereditary trappers...And what haunts you in Alexander Kolevatov, if Georgy Krivonischenko was the son of the head of the construction of the Beloyarsk nuclear power plant?
Between was and was not - the river of time. You have to be able to swim - not only in the water ...

January 04, 2023, 10:18:25 AM
Reply #16

Manti

Charles and Tenne have such different posting styles. But you Почемучка seem convinced! I guess only moderators can tell us, do the IP addresses correlate?

January 04, 2023, 10:25:26 AM
Reply #17

Почемучка

Charles and Tenne have such different posting styles. But you Почемучка seem convinced! I guess only moderators can tell us, do the IP addresses correlate?

Я могу предположить - что они очень родственные души. Ведут переписку. Договариваются об атаках. Я не могу ничем другим объяснить появление совершено "уникальных" тем типа этой.
I can guess that they are very kindred spirits. They are in correspondence. Agree on attacks. There is no other way I can explain the emergence of completely "unique" themes like this one.
https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=1289.msg20139#msg20139

От этой потомственной внучки потомственного зверолова - тоже видимо Гугл ушел к другому. Перевод футов в метры - это гуглится на счет раз, если в школе она не училась, а только капканы деду помогала чинить...То спички жжет без присмотра взрослых, то по снегу в носках ходит без справки от врача. Мадемуазель Варфоломеевская ночь...
From this hereditary granddaughter of a hereditary trapper - also apparently Google went to another. Converting feet to meters is googled at the expense of times, if she didn’t study at school, but only helped her grandfather fix traps ... Either she burns matches without adult supervision, or she walks in the snow in socks without a certificate from a doctor. Mademoiselle massacre (night) of St. Bartholomew...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 10:40:25 AM by Почемучка »

January 04, 2023, 11:01:34 AM
Reply #18

tenne

If you are going to try to insult me, which BTW doesn't work because I have zero interest in what a total stranger who is obviously off their meds has to say about me, but to correct that statement, my grandfather was NOT a hereditary trapper, as I have posted, he was first generation over from Scotland. Please try to pretend that you are sane and post the facts.

Normally I just ignore your insane ramblings but if you insist on posting about me, post the truth

Если вы собираетесь попытаться оскорбить меня, что, кстати, не работает, потому что у меня нет никакого интереса к тому, что совершенно незнакомый человек, который, очевидно, отказывается от своих лекарств, должен сказать обо мне, но, чтобы исправить это утверждение, мой дед НЕ был наследственным траппером, как я написал, он был в первом поколении из Шотландии. Пожалуйста, попробуйте сделать вид, что вы вменяемы и опубликовать факты.

Обычно я просто игнорирую ваши безумные бредни, но если вы настаиваете на публикации обо мне, публикуйте правду.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 11:11:58 AM by tenne »

January 04, 2023, 11:13:43 AM
Reply #19

tenne

From what I've read they had 1 log. They needed much more if they planned to spend a whole night there.

And... I think there were enough people to do the two things at the same time. 2 people assembling, 2-3-4 collecting wood. Even then you're left with people who have nothing to do and in those conditions, standing still is worse than doing something, so maybe all 7 others went to collect wood? At least that's what I'd do. Actually, I'd rebel against Igor and refuse to camp on the slope...

I can't argue with that, I would as well, it does seem very strange that Igor would choose to camp there when he wrote in the diary "Dinner’s in the tent. Nice and warm. Can’t imagine such comfort on the ridge, with howling wind outside, hundreds of kilometers away from human settlements."

January 04, 2023, 11:16:11 AM
Reply #20

tenne

2. The tent

It is possible, that they in fact planned to set up the stove. It was on the floor unassembled. But if I plan to sleep in the tent without  a stove, I'd store it outside in the snow, not leave it inside. So in this scenario, they maybe sent some people to the forest to bring more firewood, and people are planning to assemble the stove in the tent, but something happens when they barely started.

The tent would be wet because 9 people were in it over night and we breath out moisture, which would condense on the cold side of the tent (outside) and once the fire was out, it would freeze up solid (the canvas)

January 04, 2023, 11:20:08 AM
Reply #21

tenne

Given the fact that radiation was found on clothing and the person who worked in that area hadn't worked there for 2.5 years and the clothing lost about 30% of the radiation after washing. I can't imagine he never washed his clothing for 2.5 years and laying in running water still left that high a count

I wondered a lot about radiation, now I believe it was from the glow in the dark paint on the hands of their watches. At the time, radioactive radium was used for this. And as they laid in the stream, the water washed it out of their watches and into specific spots on their clothing.

it was in very high amounts, from what I could see, and washing it reduced the amount of radioactivity  by 30% and they had been laying in running water for some time, which would have washed away a large percentage of the radioactive material . I personally can't see those high numbers from the paint but I don't know for sure. perhaps someone on here has enough knowledge to say how high it would have had to have been to be that high after laying in running water. the scientists, as far as I could see, could only say it had to be very high,

January 04, 2023, 01:53:10 PM
Reply #22

GlennM

Thanks for giving some thoughtful feedback to my post. Yes, I was aware of the idea they were damaged while skiing inline. Did this event happen before of after the tent was set up on 1079? If it happened before, then the hikers were in the wrong valley. If after, would not conspirators put up the camp in the woods? With regard to radiation, it is significant to me that they were tested for it in the first place! Normally, you don't test corpses for radiation in a standard autopsy. I can easily see how that test and the physical condition of some of the bodies would lead an investigator in our forum down that path. Where I have a problem is the degree and kind of radioactive decay. In the standard canon of the DPI, it is thought to be lab residue. Watches and lamp wick have also been suggested. Too, there was some comment about the color of some of the bodies, and of course the lead coffins for transport. What we do not hear about is any decontamination of any people involved with finding or handling the remains. I think a radiation producing blast that took out the hikers, either on the trail or in the tent is a red herring...except for the fact that it was detected. Why would they do that?

January 04, 2023, 02:53:06 PM
Reply #23

Ziljoe

1. The diaries.
 a)The writing in the official diary changes, the last two entries do not mention anyone by name, every other entry does.

And ?

b) the events of Jan 25, 1959 are described quite differently in the diaries that mention it

And?
3) inconsistencies in the way dates are written and dates themselves

Why would stagers change dates?

2. The tent
a) I think its impossible to carry a heavy wet canvas tent on a back pack. Lots of photos posted of a tent set up but I can only find one photo from that trip

They took the tent with them from the start? Railway station etc. I don't think they had a buggy with wheels. If it freezes I think you can just bash it. Military have used canvas tents as well as mountaineers and tourists.
b) no one would cut their way out of a tent like that. If a person had to cut the tent, then that would assume they could look for a knife to use and the tent collapsed from  snow doesn't seem to make that a possibility. If they had time to find a knife and make the cuts, they would have done it on the end, not the side. much easier to fix later and be useable because the end is much smaller
If you have snow fall on your tent and need to get out ,you go for what's easiest. There's 9 people in a small space , you don't have a meeting and delegate. If they were eating and cutting the ham , one person may have had a knife in hand, they also had pocket knives. Depending on the how any snow slip/ slide fell raises a number of scenarios. Like wise, if an individual of the group decided to go wild, this could of happened or the escape from a Wolverine.
3. inserting a questionable person into the group. Why was there a need to replace the other hiker? Did it have to be X amount of people?

Replace which hicker?
They had difficulty getting suitable wood the day before, they may have planned not to stay on the slope but the weather got bad, or pitch tent and then go and get wood. It may have been too windy to set the stove up or because the way the stove hangs in the tent , they would wait till everyone is going to bed.
5. photos, the group took care to begin with to make sure easily identifiable spots and people were in the photos,  then they didn't. I don't know how old many of us are on this forum but developing photos was very expensive, film was expensive, unless you were able to afford it, no one just took random photos

Which random photos are you talking about? As students I think it was easy for them to develop their own photos. Plus in the west they liked to make profit.
6 the fire under the cedar tree
a) how did they physically manage to light the fire, well discussed before, just putting it in the list

By using a match? Keeping hands under their armpits or using pockets.
b) why walk all that way to the cedar, they could have gone into trees much closer

Because the ceder is the best wood to burn. The ceder branches were the best source of dry wood. The trees much closer are spread out and dwarf, offer no shelter plus they may have wanted to find suitable snow drifts.
7 the den
a) without a knife, one was never officially recorded there, how did they cut the branches to drag to the den?

I read somewhere that they can be snapped , I can't remember the details, even a small cut at the base, then bend. I believe one of them had a knife. Pen knife at least.

b) there didn't seem to be a trail to the den from the cedar so did they take all those branches with them from the cedar or did they have to walk back and forth to get them and that would make a better defined trail

It snowed and wind blew snow covering the tracks and items of clothing, I believe it was the thaw that brought the attention to the lower snapped trees. I don't think they took the branches from the ceder but small trees around the ceder and on the way to the den.

c) with no digging instruments at all, how did they manage to dig such a big den, if the photo in the archives is accurate on how they found it and why so big? Freezing cold weather, not dressed properly, most likely wet from sweat from the walk and digging, are going to sit that far apart? I think survival would over ride propriety

I think the searchers laid the clothing like that in the picture of the den. The most likely cut into the snow bank or maybe used their body weight.

January 04, 2023, 02:53:54 PM
Reply #24

RMK

it was in very high amounts, from what I could see, and washing it reduced the amount of radioactivity  by 30% and they had been laying in running water for some time, which would have washed away a large percentage of the radioactive material . I personally can't see those high numbers from the paint but I don't know for sure. perhaps someone on here has enough knowledge to say how high it would have had to have been to be that high after laying in running water. the scientists, as far as I could see, could only say it had to be very high,
On the topic of radiological contamination of the Ravine Four's clothing, I recommend reading through Ryan's post history, if you have not done so already.

The following users thanked this post: Ziljoe, tenne

January 04, 2023, 02:56:31 PM
Reply #25

Ziljoe

2. The tent

The tent would be wet because 9 people were in it over night and we breath out moisture, which would condense on the cold side of the tent (outside) and once the fire was out, it would freeze up solid (the canvas)

Just spank the canvas.

January 04, 2023, 02:58:03 PM
Reply #26

Ziljoe

I can't argue with that, I would as well, it does seem very strange that Igor would choose to camp there when he wrote in the diary "Dinner’s in the tent. Nice and warm. Can’t imagine such comfort on the ridge, with howling wind outside, hundreds of kilometers away from human settlements."

It's maybe his plan to camp on the ridge and it's why he writes it.

January 04, 2023, 03:00:15 PM
Reply #27

Ziljoe

They may have been planning to.

January 04, 2023, 03:02:39 PM
Reply #28

Ziljoe

I am going to assume that I didn't explain my theory properly because you have missed a few points. I never ever said direct person to person attack, I believe it was an explosion of some kind. Given the fact that radiation was found on clothing and the person who worked in that area hadn't worked there for 2.5 years and the clothing lost about 30% of the radiation after washing. I can't imagine he never washed his clothing for 2.5 years and laying in running water still left that high a count

I also posted that I believe they were skiing in a line when the blast went off so how would they be able to film anything? they didn't ski with their camera on ready, these were not phone cameras

Where's the shrapnel wounds ? It was only found on three items of clothing I think and very small.

January 04, 2023, 03:12:32 PM
Reply #29

Ziljoe

First I have to ask you if you have ever built a snow den. I have, its a common childhood activity here, in fact the town issues a warning when they are removing the big banks of snow so parents can ensure their children are not in the snow fort they built and get hurt or worse when the snow plow removes the bank

To build an igloo requires a very specific type of snow, it must be wet enough to form together in blocks, the blocks are cut out of the snow, not put together like a snowball but it must not be so wet it falls apart

to cut into a bank to make a den, the snow must be hard packed in order for the roof to stay up and not collapse. This would require a lot of effort with the bare hands, even in mitts and wearing snow pants etc it is hard work so I doubt they did that given they would know that working up a sweat would kill them

and why would they build such a big den? the only heat was their body heat and to stay warm enough to live they had to heat up the area so they would build a den big enough they could pack in and not touch the walls or roof so it didn't start to weep

Possible over hangs or natural formed snow bridges across the terrain. Not much work needed.