October 22, 2024, 11:10:23 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Food in tent AM or PM  (Read 177 times)

October 21, 2024, 06:07:26 PM
Read 177 times

GlennM

A forum member brought up the matter of food at the tent. It was peripheral to our discussion about flashlights. We are led to understand that a flashlight found at the tent was in the off position. Another was found discarded a distance away.

What I want to know is what food was found in the tent which was being consumed when they left. Further, I want to know if they were eating a morning, mid day the evening meal. I believe a Russian forum member might have insight.

You must appreciate that leaving the tent during an evening meal and not talking the tent flashlight is counterintuitive. So too is having a flashlight on a tent after a slab slip! 

Again, what time of day is suggested by the remains of the food foundmin the tent?
We don't have to say everything that comes into our head.

October 21, 2024, 07:27:48 PM
Reply #1

KathleenDSmith1

Teddy and Everyone:

Previously I had mentioned the tents and what was going on between dates of Feb 1st and 2nd 1959, This first photo and explained how that they eaten before proceeding to 1st at Auspiya and then at 2nd pitching of the tent at Mount Kholat Syakhl ?????

Thank You
Kathleen Dee Smith

October 21, 2024, 11:50:30 PM
Reply #2

Osi

It is unthinkable that a tent containing bags, coats, boots, blankets and personal belongings with an average weight of 25 kilos, as well as a weight of 500 kilos fixed with poles, would be dragged when the slab breaks. We are talking about a weight of more than 1 ton, including the weight of the people inside. When the tent, which has hardened due to cold, collapses, it crumples into deep layers, and an object left on it or a forgotten lantern can remain in that stylish and light piece of fabric for days. Even if there is an extreme storm. When they found the lighthouse, they noticed that the snow on it had blown away, but its sides were buried in the snow. This means: the flashlight is stuck in the tent fabric. It's unreasonable to have a lantern attached to a tent at the top of the mountain. If it is claimed to be tied, the only explanation for this is that some of the group went to the forest (for wood, water, personal needs, etc.) To mark the location of the tent
A real jolt is better than a wrong balance.