March 28, 2024, 09:35:14 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Sokhondo Nature Reserve: The Trans-Baikal Dyatlov Pass  (Read 3792 times)

October 05, 2023, 03:38:01 PM
Read 3792 times

Teddy

Administrator
Sokhondo Nature Reserve: The Trans-Baikal Dyatlov Pass

Lets see how many similarities you can find with the Dyatlov Pass tragedy.

The following users thanked this post: Morski

October 06, 2023, 01:07:25 AM
Reply #1

Teddy

Administrator
Ok, I will start:
  • From the testimony of the director of the reserve Vasilchenko: "Orlov was found 600 - 700 meters from the dead a few days later in the forest. He apparently moved away from the group and started the descent to the winter hut. And at this point of time something happened, which caused the physical condition of all members of the group to sharply deteriorate. There is no other way to explain why the group stopped on the slope when there were 700 meters left to the forest and no more than two kilometers to the winter hut."
  • No traces from strangers
  • Strange stage of undressing
  • Defensive wounds that can not be explained
  • Everything seems to have happened very quickly. From the testimony of the director of the reserve Vasilchenko: There were no attempts to save themselves from hypothermia, although the group had warm sweaters, padded jackets, and two sleeping bags in their backpacks. The group did not get lost, they were on the route. The state of the corpses' postures, open eyes and mouths indicate a sharp deterioration in the body's condition."
  • The last body was found 11 days later "in a hole in the snow on cedar tree branches". This sounds like the den in the Dyatlov case to me.
  • Weather was good.
  • The last diary entry is weird, sounds like the last thing both expeditions saw before the trouble started was a rising cedar tree... "The cedar tree is on the rise." It sounds exactly like that in the diary, as if the cedar tree was rising.
  • At the end some bosses are blamed for having nothing to do whit anything.
  • No idea what happened. They were in a zombie state applies for both cases.

October 06, 2023, 04:44:38 AM
Reply #2

Ziljoe

I thought it was a hoax? I'm still trying to find other sources. Sounds interesting though.

Similarities;

1) there's snow.

2) it's cold. Or has the potential to be and there was a storm.

3) skis are involved

4) there's a old volcano near by

5) a hill with a name where nothing likes to grow

6) there's matches lying about.

7) clenched fists

8) marks on the hands ( no sign of defense wounds on DP9 or here, only speculation)

We need  more information, I really hope it has a conclusion.

October 06, 2023, 05:08:34 AM
Reply #3

Teddy

Administrator

October 06, 2023, 05:16:08 AM
Reply #4

Teddy

Administrator
Does this remind you of someone?

- Strange things began while we were driving in the UAZ to the starting point,- says Pyotr Baranov. - A forester was assigned to each group to accompany them. I walked with Seryoga Vasilchenko. And Orlov and Konkin had to go with Shelomeytsev. But on the way he suddenly rebelled. I won’t go on the route - that’s all! Seryoga tried to calm him down, word for word, it came to a fight. And when we got there, Shelomeytsev jumped out of the car and ran away. We never understood what happened to him. Didn't explain anything! And after the tragedy he said: "I would have been the fifth to die. I could feel it."

October 06, 2023, 05:24:40 AM
Reply #5

Teddy

Administrator

October 06, 2023, 07:05:13 AM
Reply #6

Ziljoe

Does this remind you of someone?

- Strange things began while we were driving in the UAZ to the starting point,- says Pyotr Baranov. - A forester was assigned to each group to accompany them. I walked with Seryoga Vasilchenko. And Orlov and Konkin had to go with Shelomeytsev. But on the way he suddenly rebelled. I won’t go on the route - that’s all! Seryoga tried to calm him down, word for word, it came to a fight. And when we got there, Shelomeytsev jumped out of the car and ran away. We never understood what happened to him. Didn't explain anything! And after the tragedy he said: "I would have been the fifth to die. I could feel it."

Yudin?

October 06, 2023, 07:15:28 AM
Reply #7

Teddy

Administrator

October 06, 2023, 10:05:52 AM
Reply #8

amashilu

Global Moderator
Teddy, do you know if "scratches on their fingers" indicates scratches on the TOPS of the fingers, as if something (or someone) had scratched these people, or if it means there were scratches on the undersides of the fingers, indicating that they themselves had scratched at something?

October 06, 2023, 01:53:36 PM
Reply #9

Teddy

Administrator
Teddy, do you know if "scratches on their fingers" indicates scratches on the TOPS of the fingers, as if something (or someone) had scratched these people, or if it means there were scratches on the undersides of the fingers, indicating that they themselves had scratched at something?

1. It literally says "on the fingers" - can't tell if under or on top
+
2. The end of the sentence is clear: "on the back of the hand (palm)"

October 07, 2023, 07:59:30 AM
Reply #10

amashilu

Global Moderator
That is the puzzle!

"The end of the sentence is clear: "on the back of the hand (palm)"

The "back of the hand" is the opposite side of the palm, to me, in English. The back of the hand is the TOP side. The palm is the bottom side.

October 07, 2023, 08:26:33 AM
Reply #11

Teddy

Administrator
That is the puzzle!
"The end of the sentence is clear: "on the back of the hand (palm)"
The "back of the hand" is the opposite side of the palm, to me, in English. The back of the hand is the TOP side. The palm is the bottom side.
I meant back of the hand, or back of the palm.
I should have written "on the back of the hand/palm".
Forget the word palm.
It is clear in Russian, and my translation is correct "back of the hand".

« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 08:32:36 AM by Teddy »

October 07, 2023, 12:07:57 PM
Reply #12

amashilu

Global Moderator
Thanks, Teddy, so it looks like maybe they were scratched by something or someone other than themselves.

October 07, 2023, 01:44:08 PM
Reply #13

Teddy

Administrator
Thanks, Teddy, so it looks like maybe they were scratched by something or someone other than themselves.

My understanding too.

The following users thanked this post: KathleenDSmith1

October 07, 2023, 08:01:12 PM
Reply #14

KathleenDSmith1

Everyone and Teddy:

Reading the Trans-Baikal Dyaltov pass, I realized it sounded more familiar regarding this section: Three were lying on their backs with their arms and legs raised, their eyes open, matches scattered on their chests, recalls Pyotr Baranov, who found the bodies of the dead. - The fourth was buried in the snow. They were only two kilometers away from the nearest winter shelter...

with the Chivruay tragedy: sending image...

The following users thanked this post: Teddy

October 08, 2023, 05:38:25 AM
Reply #15

Ziljoe

My understanding too.

It says in one of the links.

"On January 4, the bodies of Konkin, Bakholdin and Terekhova were opened. All three showed signs of general hypothermia. No signs of struggle or self-defense were found. Blood was taken to determine its alcohol content."

October 08, 2023, 10:32:07 PM
Reply #16

KathleenDSmith1

Everyone and Teddy:

What I'm trying to say, is both parties "The Trans-Baikal 1982 and  Chivruay Tragedy 1973 both had better quality clothing/outerwear/coats/boats and sleeping bags and tents....this is what bothers me regarding "Hyperthermia" ...this is not the 50's regarding Dyatlov Pass where leaving behind there essential to test the outer climate/weather for a badge...

Reading a bit more of The Trans-Baikal 1982...and I snipped this...very interesting...sending an image..oh, Please read in blue highlight

Thank You
Kathleen Dee Smith

« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 11:19:18 PM by KathleenDSmith1 »

October 09, 2023, 05:19:56 AM
Reply #17

amashilu

Global Moderator
KathleenDSmith1, I agree, that is fascinating. I would love to hear what he says about experiencing the feeling that he had to get away or die -- because he is probably right! What did he feel? The way animals can sense an impending earthquake kind of thing?

The following users thanked this post: KathleenDSmith1

October 09, 2023, 03:03:46 PM
Reply #18

KathleenDSmith1

Everyone:

While reading this I discovered that (copied and pasted this)
Mihail Orlov worked at the reserve for two years, so his photo was kept in his personal file. There are no photographs left of the remaining victims.

copied and paste this section.....( no other photos of the victims, but there is a child (son) )...any of family photos... in-laws, grandparents, uncles, and aunts that have older photos of both parents.....

Taiga novel

Igor Baholdin and Tatyana Terehova met and fell in love with each other in the zone, somewhere in the Trans-Baikal steppes. He is a police dog breeder, she is an accountant. Both had their own family background. And therefore, as the rumor goes, colleagues looked at their romance with grins. This forced them to go to the taiga cordon of the Sokhondo Nature Reserve in September 1981, where he got a job as a forester, she as his assistant. On New Year's Eve we asked to go home for a few days. Tatyana wanted to spend the holiday with her little son.

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith