I'm writing an exhaustive article about the case, and while researching I had the idea to have a look a the nightsky on the evening of February 1st 1959.
I used «Stellarium» and «Google Earth» to generate two views.
It is possible that the dyatlov group had a clear view on that evening... we don't know... we know that they had a hard time pitching up their tent in a winterstorm.1. The view from the tent on the forest
- Ursus Major is appearing from the left side
- Maybe they had the chance to catch a glimpse on falling Delta Cancrid meteors...
- Prokyon and Pollux are dominant in the nightsky2. The view from the cedar on the top of dead mountain
- Mars is hanging high in the nightsky on the left
- On the right handside we find the milky way
- Beautiful sky - nothing more
Yes, and now you ask: What's the message? The meteors maybe? The view? Some inspiration for astrologists?
I can't tell you exactly, sorry. Maybe someone will find some new clues by looking at these images... or not.