January 22, 2021, 04:50:49 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Lyudmila Dubinina's premonition of her tragic death  (Read 3882 times)

January 10, 2021, 12:34:56 AM
Reply #30

20vvk07

....do you consider the moment that Lyudmila could have female problems? ... I will reveal a terrible secret for modern society: "In the USSR there were no personal hygiene products for women during menstruation!" Well, there was nothing. That's how it happened. So the same fabric that Lyudmila bought was very often used for underwear and for pads too!

Interesting!!  I've always thought Lyudmila's "evil as hell" mood was most likely simply PMS: she is so casual & matter of fact about it while still rather resenting it.  But I finally had to dismiss that idea because there were no feminine hygiene products (that I could discern) listed among the items recovered from the tent/backpacks/etc.

The problem is that such hygienic things were not in the whole USSR somewhere before the 80's. In the 50s, it could have been any rag, just any rag, which was then simply washed and reused.

January 10, 2021, 12:36:48 AM
Reply #31

20vvk07

....do you consider the moment that Lyudmila could have female problems? ... I will reveal a terrible secret for modern society: "In the USSR there were no personal hygiene products for women during menstruation!" Well, there was nothing. That's how it happened. So the same fabric that Lyudmila bought was very often used for underwear and for pads too!

Interesting!!  I've always thought Lyudmila's "evil as hell" mood was most likely simply PMS: she is so casual & matter of fact about it while still rather resenting it.  But I finally had to dismiss that idea because there were no feminine hygiene products (that I could discern) listed among the items recovered from the tent/backpacks/etc.
The problem is that such hygienic things were not in the whole USSR somewhere before the 80's. In the 50s, it could have been any rag, just any rag, which was then simply washed and reused.

January 10, 2021, 07:51:59 AM
Reply #32

mk

It's difficult for me to imagine choosing cambric fabric specifically for a reusable pad.  It's a flat, tight weave--makes very nice shirts and other clothing--but seems like you'd want something more absorbent as a pad.  However, if any old rag would do, then you wouldn't use your nice new cambric.  I wonder whether there is anything else in the list of items that might have been used: possibly the cotton socks?  They would be absorbent, soft, and the sort of thing that wouldn't be embarrassing to hang up to dry in mixed company.  The list of items reports, "cotton socks, whole and torn, 25 pieces".  Torn socks could be put inside a whole sock and then used as a pad.   

At any rate, you've answered my question about the possibility of "evil as hell" mood being PMS--in my opinion, definitely possible!

January 10, 2021, 03:39:30 PM
Reply #33

RidgeWatcher

The PMS aspect or possibility has been talked about at length somewhere on this forum and the general consensus is her "mad as hell" and 2 days mostly likely had nothing to do with PMS or her cycle. It's generally thought that some incident occurred at the Hotel in Vizhay or maybe prior.