January 18, 2020, 06:42:48 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Avatars  (Read 90 times)

January 01, 2020, 09:04:43 AM
Read 90 times

Teddy

Administrator
Ok people, lets start this year with some avatars. I am not allowing upload on the server due to security concerns.
TinyPic shut down, but there is still Imgbb.com. If can always send me a PM with the photo you want cropped and uploaded on the forum server. I will make sure the avatar is properly published in your profile.
Go to your Profile → Account settings → under Modify Profile → Forum Profile
Most of you have the radio button No avatar. Instead check Specify avatar by URL. A field will open up where you can copy/paste the location of your avatar. When choosing your avatar keep in mind that they are square, and that they do not show bigger than 150x150 px.

I am tired looking at blue faceless placeholders. It is not the fact that there are no faces, but they are all the same. Very boring. Please give me some colors. A picture is worth a thousand words, and i ma a designer. Gimme me some sugar.

The flag avatars that you will spot do not load automatically. I changed the avatars for you that appear on the landing page of the forum, just so I don't lost in the sea of blue placeholders. The available flags are listed below. I am intentionally not having the http:// in front because the field you will be copying it in already has it in place and if you copy/paste it as a part of the link you will have it twice and the link will stop working. Let me know if I am missing a flag, but they are you last resort. Try using your own original avatar pic.
dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/Australia-avatar.jpg
dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/Canada-avatar.jpg
dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/Czech-avatar.jpg
dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/Denmark-avatar.jpg
dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/England-avatar.jpg
dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/French-avatar.jpg
dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/German-avatar.jpg
dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/Italian-avatar.jpg
dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/Kuwait-avatar.jpg
dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/Netherlands-avatar.jpg
dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/Russian-avatar.jpg
dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/Slovakia-avatar.jpg
dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/Switzerland-avatar.jpg
dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/Turkey-avatar.jpg
dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/UK-avatar.jpg
dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/USA-avatar.jpg
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 12:39:14 PM by Teddy »

January 06, 2020, 09:53:19 AM
Reply #1

MDGross

Not much to look at, I assure you. But I've uploaded my photo URL to my forum profile. Thanks, Teddy.

January 11, 2020, 04:34:04 AM
Reply #2

Teddy

Administrator
Not much to look at, I assure you. But I've uploaded my photo URL to my forum profile. Thanks, Teddy.

Dear MDGross,
You entered https://ibb.co/S3r8CPx which is an address of a page with your photo but not the address of the photo itself.
I changed in input to https://i.ibb.co/fxv5w2S/MDGross.jpg
Thank you for using your own photo. I take it as a personal gesture to see who do I converse with.