April 06, 2020, 02:37:23 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Lev was correct, The tent is the answer.  (Read 697 times)

March 25, 2020, 11:20:07 AM
Reply #30

David Harper

If the stove wasn't being used why was there an exhaust duct protruding from the tent? Did they install it out of habit? The footprints leading away from the tent were barefoot. Or in socks. Or with one shoe on.
I can see I'm wasting my time here. I guess Yeti or fireballs from space or some stupid conspiracy theory are a more plausible explanation than mine.
Good Bye.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 11:41:26 AM by David Harper »

March 25, 2020, 11:44:00 AM
Reply #31

Nigel Evans

If the stove wasn't being used why was there an exhaust duct protruding from the tent? Did they install it out of habit? The footprints leading away from the tent were barefoot. Or in socks. Or with one shoe on.
I can see I'm wasting my time here. I guess Yeti or fireballs from space or some stupid conspiracy theory are a more plausible explanation than mine.
Good Bye.
I've a soft spot for "Teleportation - it's all highly technical but possible"..

March 25, 2020, 12:28:17 PM
Reply #32

MDGross

David, The great thing about this forum is that it provides a platform for a lively exchange of ideas. There are many folks and many discussions here. But I don't believe anyone has said "my theory is correct; end of story." If you're interested in trying to unravel one of the mystifying events of the 20th century, I encourage you to hang around. Thanks to the tireless work of this web site's founder, Teddy, you can find more information about the Dyatlov Pass Incident than anywhere else. But even Teddy doesn't claim to have all the answers.
There are a number of scenarios that do an admirable job of answering what happened and why. But questions arise with every theory. Please don't take any comments personally. 

March 25, 2020, 03:11:52 PM
Reply #33

neni_cesty_zpet

I still believe that this case can be cracked if some new information is found, either on the site of accident or in some secret archive. Or by using time machine if mankind ever invent such thing.

Subject title states that Ten is the answer. I dont see any answer there. I dont see any reason why leave it in barefoot.  What came to my idea that they came out to immediately help to someone else
who was outside and facing danger, possibly screaming. But it doesnt really fit. According to footprints, it looks like they were wandering, like sleepwalkers, not running to save someone's life near
the treeline or elsewhere...

I'd say from footprints that descent was slow.  Two Youris sprinting, as some suggest? I dont see any footprints that support that.
I also noticed that some were wearing valenki. I read article on Wikipedia on valenkis and it seems adequate foot protection in near zero/under zero temperatures for moderate time,
even without galoshes protection.
It's also written there that: "or they are worn by one and all in a severe frost, when other shoes don’t protect from the cold."
I'd say that that that one can put on valenkis really quicky and they're quite warm in sub-zero temperatures. I'd like to read opinion on valenkis from someone who actually wears them -
any russians on this forum?

For me, they were in one of these three conditions when walking downhill:

1) Wound, unable to move fast.

2) Forced to go down without proper clothing, possibly with machineguns pointing to their back, but what human beast would give such order, why? Did they unfortunately discover western spies?
In such remote/hostile site?

3) In state of some delirium cause by some atmospheric events. Then I'd rather expect scene similar to Korovina group - everyone behaved more or less randomly, but they all wandered down in this case,
quite uniform behaviour.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 03:43:49 PM by neni_cesty_zpet »

March 26, 2020, 07:51:01 AM
Reply #34

MDGross

In regard to your second point ("machine-guns pointing to their backs") here's a possible scenario, though I emphasize that it is completely speculative: KGB agents and Soviet soldiers arrive on the evening of Feb. 1 by helicopter. One or more of the hikers is suspected of wanting to pass secrets to the CIA. Several hikers are outside the tent watching what's happening, and the KGB orders the hikers inside the tent to come out. They are poorly dressed, though Dyatlov has managed to grab his coat. Slobodin pulls his knife from its sheath and lunges at the soldiers. He's struck on each side of his head by rifle butts. Dyatlov also makes a move and is slammed in the abdomen causing an amount of blood to gather in his stomach. He is also ordered to drop his coat that was later found by searchers. Slobodin's knife sheath is later found, but not the knife. For whatever reason, the KGB is under orders to simply let the winter environment "execute" the hikers and orders them to march to the trees. Perhaps some in the government didn't want the KGB to implicated in the deaths. KBG and soldiers return to the protection of the helicopter while waiting for the hikers to freeze to death. Five of them die within an hour or so. Dyatlov vomits the blood in his stomach as he dies. Slobodin is later found with fractures to both sides of his skull. Soldiers are ordered to check on the hikers. Surprisingly, four are found alive in a snow den. They are ordered out and receive rifle butts to the head, ribs and neck. Then they are pushed down into the ravine that's a few feet away from the snow den. Once everyone is dead, the helicopter leaves.

March 26, 2020, 09:56:20 AM
Reply #35

neni_cesty_zpet

Attack from "air" by using helicopter can explain lack of attacker's footsteps. But who would do such risky task, KGB? Why risk flying helicopter in remote area at night?
One would expected them to spend night under trees, invisible to helicopters...Doing helicopter search in the middle of night seems like searching needle in the thread.

If KBG suspected them of something then it would be much more convenient to "pick them up" in Ivdel and transfer them for interrogation in warm office.

I dont see any reason why would KGB do this. I cannot believe that.

March 26, 2020, 01:20:07 PM
Reply #36

MDGross

I don't support the scenario myself. I just offered it as an example of how the KGB could have been responsible for the deaths and not be implicated. Did it happen? Probably not. KGB involvement depends on if one of the hikers wanted to pass secrets to Soviet agents of the CIA. There's no proof that any of the hikers was trying to do this. So it's most likely that nothing like this scenario happened. But when every theory is speculation, nothing can be ruled out. I don't believe in Yeti, but some people who live in northern Siberia claimed to have seen one. I don't believe in UFOs. But, again, people who lived there reported seeing bright lights in the sky more than once.