April 23, 2024, 08:38:03 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Almost time  (Read 13384 times)

January 28, 2021, 09:15:50 AM
Reply #30

GKM

One last thing. I would love to be assured that none of them suffered but I don't think that is true. Poor Luda kinda breaks my heart. She was so badly injured, almost shattered. You don't have to respond, I know I am worrying you about all this. I just pray Luda died so quickly that she didn't suffer TOO MUCH.

January 28, 2021, 09:30:26 AM
Reply #31

Teddy

Administrator
She suffered. They all did. The information in the book doesn't make their death less painful and macabre.

January 28, 2021, 10:59:59 AM
Reply #32

Manti

After I drop the bomb ...
Is that a hint?

Just kidding BTW
Or am I? whacky1

January 28, 2021, 11:23:54 AM
Reply #33

Teddy

Administrator
After I drop the bomb ...
Is that a hint?

Just kidding BTW
Or am I? whacky1

So weird. It was not intentional but it is actually key part of the theory. I really didn't mean to do it, it must be what they call unintentional slip.

January 28, 2021, 01:49:58 PM
Reply #34

marieuk

I'm counting the days too !  never thought you were writing the book for the money, but if you make some money from it, then I think you deserve it.  All the time and effort  you've put into getting this far.  Sad to hear they all suffered, but I guess it's wishful thinking to hope that they didn't. 

January 29, 2021, 02:58:28 AM
Reply #35

GKM

3 days.  loco1 Only a quick post and I will be gone for today. I can't take any further long winded conversations about the yeti.  explode1

January 29, 2021, 03:14:32 AM
Reply #36

Teddy

Administrator

January 29, 2021, 11:03:46 AM
Reply #37

GKM

"They inserted themselves into the search". Fellow students? Mansi? Military? KGB? Two and a half days until we find out. I still can't figure it out.  cry2

January 29, 2021, 11:43:18 AM
Reply #38

eurocentric

Them things with blades that spin around really fast on the top?

January 29, 2021, 11:46:43 AM
Reply #39

Teddy

Administrator
Them things with blades that spin around really fast on the top?

They play key role too.

January 29, 2021, 05:29:43 PM
Reply #40

mk

I'm very curious about how (or whether?) this book will be received by those not on this forum. 

If it contains an accurate (or nearly-accurate) assessment of what happened at DPI, will the Russian government acknowledge it?  Will they be (or act) thankful to have a solution?  Will they persist in their avalanche story?  Will they ignore it completely?

Some of us want terribly to understand and make sense of the tragedy.  Others seem to want it to remain a mystery because it's more enticing that way.

I feel as though I should write down all my thoughts now, before I read the book, so I can be completely straight with myself about whom I suspect and why.  I know I've entertained so many different ideas that I'm liable to tell myself, "Aha!  I suspected that all along!" simply because I've alternately suspected about 416 different things.

January 30, 2021, 02:28:29 AM
Reply #41

GKM

2 DAYS!!!! Considering some of the posts I have read on this forum I have a pretty good ideal how some will react. They will be PREDICTABLE. Some will read this book with an open mind and others will refuse to believe a word of it because it doesn't match their theory and if the case is solved then there is nothing more to argue about. Theories of avalanches, wind, snow slabs, yeti's, ufo's, firewood, snakes, electricity, snowmobiles, and Germans will continue to rage on amid protest of no evidence or facts. There are some here who have even tried to hang Teddy before the book even comes out. Almost as if they don't really want the case solved. Let's wait and see But...Is there anyone in a better position to solve the case then Teddy?

January 30, 2021, 02:56:50 AM
Reply #42

Teddy

Administrator
Dear friends,
I don't know how to say this, but the book is out.
Amazon gives 72 hours for review, but they approved it overnight. Paperback is still pending. The book in Russian had to be published through a different channel and I set the publishing date to be Feb 1st since I didn't know how long it would take Amazon to review. Many thing swill still take time, like the approval of Igor's profile on Amazon (for some reason mine went trough right away, but he looks suspicious). Igor Pavlov is in forum though.
This is KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) product. I will produce tomorrow our own PDF and ePub which I will offer directly from the site.
Without further ado
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 03:10:00 AM by Teddy »

January 30, 2021, 03:22:25 AM
Reply #43

GKM

I shall log off and buy it right now.

January 30, 2021, 03:29:04 AM
Reply #44

eurocentric

I've bought it on Kindle and have it now on Amazon's Kindle Cloud Reader on my PC.

That was via the UK site, which also lists the paperback. Amazon.com only has kindle at the moment.

https://www.amazon.com/1079-overwhelming-force-Dyatlov-Pass-ebook/dp/B08VF5Y5SZ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=1079&qid=1612006004&sr=8-1

UK site:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0578845911/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=1079&qid=1612006091&rnid=1642204031&s=books&sr=1-1

January 30, 2021, 06:53:22 AM
Reply #45

Teddy

Administrator
Just found out that I have missed to insert an image. I re uploaded the contents of both the eBook and the paperback.
I have to apologize to those of you who have already purchased the book.
This is the only place where I announced the book so here is the missing image.
This image goes where it says Insert image here: Vasilii-Zyadik-bodies-ravine.jpg
Please let me know if there are any other omissions. You are my unsolicited test group.

January 30, 2021, 08:43:40 AM
Reply #46

mk

I want to buy it from Kindle if you/ Igor Pavlov get profits from it, but I will wait and get it from this site if all the profits go to amazon/kindle.  (If this isn't appropriate to discuss here, apologies and please tactfully ignore this faux pas.)

January 30, 2021, 08:54:41 AM
Reply #47

Teddy

Administrator
It's ok. You are right, we get more if sold through the site.
Also on the site I know what I am offering while KDP is a black box for me.
For example they had left alignment of images, in the Look inside I see this is not taking effect etc.
You will have the option to buy it from the site Monday which will be better for us.
But I couldn't keep quiet if I saw it is available on Amazon, right?

January 30, 2021, 11:21:10 AM
Reply #48

eurocentric

I've read it, speed read it, which is easier than it appears if you bypass the biographies, but will leave any comment until others have had chance to purchase & read. No spoiler alert here.

January 30, 2021, 11:35:17 AM
Reply #49

Teddy

Administrator
Thank you for this.

January 30, 2021, 11:36:47 AM
Reply #50

RMK

No spoiler alert here.
Yeah, I just checked to see if this forum supports "spoiler tags", and it doesn't seem to.  However, setting the font color to white accomplishes something simlar.  If you highlight the rest of this sentence, which is written in white, you can read it (or at least I can in my browser).

January 30, 2021, 12:33:17 PM
Reply #51

marieuk

I've read it, speed read it, which is easier than it appears if you bypass the biographies, but will leave any comment until others have had chance to purchase & read. No spoiler alert here.

I know you don't want to give anything away, but how do you feel having read it?  I wonder if you're the first person on here to have finished the book.  It would be good to hear something if you can. 

January 30, 2021, 12:43:32 PM
Reply #52

NkZ

Finished too. Probably too fast and will have to check again the few things I find problematic
Anyhow it’s an instructive and fascinating read!

January 30, 2021, 01:08:14 PM
Reply #53

Ziljoe

Anyhow it’s an instructive and fascinating read!

That's got my juices flowing.

January 30, 2021, 01:23:39 PM
Reply #54

tekumze

I read a book. I suggest that the debate begin now. After all, if I understand correctly, the book is not about profit, but about a technical presentation of the solution to one of the most enigmatic tragedies, which could not have been presented otherwise.
I’m really interested in what your opinion is now after you’ve been replaying your own and foreign solutions theories for years and years.

January 30, 2021, 01:50:16 PM
Reply #55

Ziljoe

I read a book. I suggest that the debate begin now. After all, if I understand correctly, the book is not about profit, but about a technical presentation of the solution to one of the most enigmatic tragedies, which could not have been presented otherwise.
I’m really interested in what your opinion is now after you’ve been replaying your own and foreign solutions theories for years and years.

Is the opinion not in the book? 

January 30, 2021, 04:01:03 PM
Reply #56

SimplyMadness

Bought the book as soon as i saw it was live. So excited to get into reading it but I've got a busy college schedule right now so I might take longer to join in on the conversation than I'd like.

Love having kindle editions of books so I can highlight and re-highlight passages in multiple colors instantly and type out notes and book mark things on the fly.. I can already tell that this is going to be a fantastic read.

January 30, 2021, 04:03:29 PM
Reply #57

mk

I suggest that there be a thread or sub-board specifically for discussing the book, for those of you who are ready to do so. 

I want to read the book slowly and carefully, making notes and reading footnotes and studying maps and all that.  I would like to be able to visit the forum without being afraid of stumbling upon spoilers.

January 30, 2021, 05:00:02 PM
Reply #58

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
It will probably be a couple of weeks before I get my hands on the book and have time to read it.  Am not bothered by any spoilers though.  The key for me is everything that leads to the conclusion, rather than the conclusion itself. 

Regards

Star man

January 30, 2021, 05:22:48 PM
Reply #59

KFinn

It took me nearly 24 hours with little sleep but I have to say, bravissimo!  I'm going to have to let it sit in my brain for a bit.  Even if I do or do not agree with the resulting premise, it is a very compelling book with a lot of information.  Thank you both for all of your hard work!
-Ren