March 18, 2024, 07:36:16 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Exploring The Yeti Theory  (Read 139947 times)

August 29, 2020, 04:38:44 PM
Reply #540

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient

Still doesnt prove that there were punches to the faces. And just because we cant judge a Yetis physical attributes doesnt mean we can dismiss a Yeti attack of some kind.
There is no conclusive proof the yeti exists, there is no evidence to base their thoughts, behaviours, instincts or strength on. On top of that the evidence does not truly support the yeti theory even if we discount the fact that we cant explain anything about the animal in question and cant even prove it exists.

There is no conclusive proof that the Higgs Boson is the Particle that the Physicists have been searching for for decades. There is no conclusive proof that Jesus existed. There is no conclusive proof that Yeti exist.  But all have one thing in common.  There is plenty of evidence, if you look for it.

This is an interesting point in terms of understanding the truth.  Not specifically the truth about the existence of the yeti, but the truth on any subject.   The point is the difference between belief and truth.  Humans are social creatures, and there is a hierarchy within the social order.  The higher the person, or organisation within the hierarchy, the greater the influence, and subsequently the greater the pressure to conform and willingness to believe.  This system can be beneficial when those higher in the hierarchy are knowledgeable, experienced and wise.  However it can also be flawed if within that hierarchy unsubstantiated conclusions are drawn.

In this respect, for many many years relatively modern humans believed that the earth was flat, and all celestial bodies revolved around it.   Even today, although we have acquired much more knowledge we still don't truly understand everything about any particular thing..  We are discovering new things all the time.  The acquisition of knowledge isn't a destination, it is a journey. 

In terms of the existence of Yeti or bigfoot there is evidence.  Ten thousand eye witness accounts (that have been documented), many physical foot prints, with dermal ridges, photographs, and video.  There is far more evidence for the existence of big foot than there is for the existence of God.  But God is established as a part of the hierarchical social order so there are probably more people who believe in God than people who believe in bigfoot.  I am not concluding anything on either. 

If you are reading this and you have made a conclusion that bigfoot does not exist - ask yourself why you have made that conclusion.  What is it based on?

I dont think we should conclude that bigfoot does not exists, any more than we should conclude that the universal gravitational constant is actually a constant.

If you don't conclude that bigfoot does not exist then is there a possibility that such a creature was responsible for the dpi?  There is some evidence that aligns with such a scenario.  But not enough substantiate it.

Regards

Star man

September 17, 2020, 02:46:28 AM
Reply #541

Nigel Evans

October 25, 2020, 04:34:47 PM
Reply #542

sarapuk

file:///C:/Users/Derek/Downloads/Bigfoot%20Encounters.html
DB

November 02, 2020, 12:18:10 PM
Reply #543

RidgeWatcher

Hello Sarapuk,

I drive into the town where this man lives, frequently. I have been to the Oregon Caves and the area is so beautiful but I wouldn't go on this hike after hearing about this encounter. This man has a medical practice and is respected in the community. There are many Native American tribes in this area and they fully believe that Bigfoot (I grew up saying Sasquatch) is a spiritual being.

and

Enjoy

November 02, 2020, 04:05:28 PM
Reply #544

sarapuk

Hello Ridgewatcher. Yes I have heard that many native tribes around the World think that these big animals or whatever they are, maybe some kind of spiritual thing.
DB

November 04, 2020, 02:57:47 PM
Reply #545

Star man

Hello Sarapuk,

I drive into the town where this man lives, frequently. I have been to the Oregon Caves and the area is so beautiful but I wouldn't go on this hike after hearing about this encounter. This man has a medical practice and is respected in the community. There are many Native American tribes in this area and they fully believe that Bigfoot (I grew up saying Sasquatch) is a spiritual being.

and

Enjoy

I found this one interesting.  Particularly because of the visible post traumatic recall he experiences when he tells the story.  There are a lot of hoaxes and nutty people out there, but some of the stories are very interesting.  For the dpi, although there is evidence that could be linked with an attack by some kind of large powerful creature there isn't any definitive evidence.,  so it can't be ruled out, but it can't be confirmed.  Realistically the balance of probability is against it.

Regards

Star man

November 28, 2020, 05:15:04 AM
Reply #546

GKM

Yeti,huh? Ranks ahead of UFOS but..
Nevermind.

November 28, 2020, 03:32:55 PM
Reply #547

sarapuk

Nevermind.

Yeah but people report sightings and experiences on a regular basis. Reports go back to the 19th Century.
DB

December 09, 2020, 03:35:36 PM
Reply #548

Star man

Nevermind.

Yeah but people report sightings and experiences on a regular basis. Reports go back to the 19th Century.

There are credible stories like the one above.  There are probably lots of cases of mistaken identify as well, (bears, people etc).  Unfortunately, there are even more hoaxes.  I think its importent to keep an open mind.  Respected experts like Prof. Jeff Meldrum and his foot print casts add credibility to the possibility of their existence.  DNA evidence and research may reveal more in the future.  A live specimen would settle the argument.

Regards

Star man

December 09, 2020, 04:05:43 PM
Reply #549

sarapuk

Nevermind.

There are credible stories like the one above.  There are probably lots of cases of mistaken identify as well, (bears, people etc).  Unfortunately, there are even more hoaxes.  I think its importent to keep an open mind.  Respected experts like Prof. Jeff Meldrum and his foot print casts add credibility to the possibility of their existence.  DNA evidence and research may reveal more in the future.  A live specimen would settle the argument.

Regards

Star man

A live specimen  ! ?  I always think of that scene in the film 'Independence Day' where Bill Pullman as The President of the USA refers to the question of Alien life having been answered.
DB

December 11, 2020, 03:53:40 PM
Reply #550

Star man

Nevermind.

Regards

Star man

A live specimen  ! ?  I always think of that scene in the film 'Independence Day' where Bill Pullman as The President of the USA refers to the question of Alien life having been answered.

Oh yes I have seen that movie.  Like the idea of power distribution via quantum entanglement. 

I watched a programme the other day where they were discussing a project to use mini zeplin style drones fitted with sofisticated instruments to search of Sasquatchl  so maybe they will find them one day if they are actually out there.  At least someone is prepared to invest money in it.  But I suppose any tv programme on this sort of thing is a good investment whether you find anything or not.

Regards

Star  an

December 11, 2020, 09:43:14 PM
Reply #551

RidgeWatcher

It might benefit some on this site to look up Reinhold Messner and what he wrote about the Tibetan chemo/yeti, although he thinks it's closer to a brown bear.

I am amazed at who still laughs at these things. As far as UFO's go, this week there was absolute soft-disclosure from Israel, look it up.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 10:00:49 PM by RidgeWatcher »

December 12, 2020, 03:01:55 AM
Reply #552

Star man

It might benefit some on this site to look up Reinhold Messner and what he wrote about the Tibetan chemo/yeti, although he thinks it's closer to a brown bear.

I am amazed at who still laughs at these things. As far as UFO's go, this week there was absolute soft-disclosure from Israel, look it up.

Yeah there seems to be more disclosure on some of these stranger things.  I can’t say I know what is going on, but my belief-omiter is moving more to the right.

Regards

Star man

December 12, 2020, 11:13:41 AM
Reply #553

sarapuk

Nevermind.

Regards

Star man

Oh yes I have seen that movie.  Like the idea of power distribution via quantum entanglement. 

I watched a programme the other day where they were discussing a project to use mini zeplin style drones fitted with sofisticated instruments to search of Sasquatchl  so maybe they will find them one day if they are actually out there.  At least someone is prepared to invest money in it.  But I suppose any tv programme on this sort of thing is a good investment whether you find anything or not.

Regards

Star  an

I think that the Yeti dont like being photographed. Its like they have some psychic ability to know when they may be in danger of being exposed by recorded images. Same with Aliens in general, thats why we never get any clear conclusive footage. This is assuming that Yeti and Aliens exist of course.
DB

December 12, 2020, 11:22:53 AM
Reply #554

sarapuk

Many famous Mountaineers have reported footprints that may be Yeti.
Prominent Israeli Professor and Retired General Haim Eshed has claimed that Israel and the US are dealing with aliens who do not want to be identified because "humanity is not ready yet". Shall we include Russia  !?
DB

December 12, 2020, 12:39:23 PM
Reply #555

RidgeWatcher

Reinhold Messner, who also helped to open the MMM in Italy a museum for high mountaineering sys he saw the chemo twice, he was afraid when he saw it the first time in Eastern Tibet, because he was far away from any villages, he had an direct instinct it would come back  and it did, he did not feel safe so he ran and finally got to a village. He wrote a book about it and suffered ridicule for years. But then other climbers started telling him stories and the local Tibetans in villages off of any roads had too many stories to tell. It's in his book.

December 12, 2020, 03:42:52 PM
Reply #556

Star man

Only a specimen will settle the debate.  But if they are ever found, I would not condone capturing or killing one just to prove they exist.  I could understand that if any ethical person knew of their location that they would not disclose it.

Regards

Star man