March 18, 2024, 08:04:51 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Exploring The Yeti Theory  (Read 139959 times)

June 08, 2020, 01:34:28 AM
Reply #420

alecsandros

The foot prints are another good reason that the avalanche theory is very unlikely.

It is possible that the scene was discovered by others before the search party got there.  I wouldn't rule it out, but I still think its unlikely.  The main point I was trying to make is that the events actually happened in this place where they were found.

I thi k if you had an infrasound weapon Kholat Syakhl would not be a good place or the best time to test such a weapon.    There is potential for natural infrasound though.  It's possible but I still think unlikely.

On the extreme weather event it is difficult to imagine that any of the group would feel the need to cut through the side of the tent.  The cuts were made through some of the seams which would have been more difficult to cut,    of the tent was damaged by wind, or some of the group were injured by tge wind, it would still make more sense to use tge normal exit.

The Yeti theory is kind of perplexing for me,  if there was already sufficient evidence on their existence then I would think that this fits this scenario quite well.  From the accounts I have seen many witnesses suggest that they are territorial and try to drive people away.  It fits well.  Alien theories are obviously just as strange, but I think more unlikely than possible.

The most rational explanation does seem to be the toxic gas .  Possibly from some kind of test. This links back to one of my first thoughts on what happened  - low yield neutron weapon and the toxic cloud it could have created,  it could also be a chemical weapon test loaded with a radioactive tracer like Sr90.  But although toxic gas seems more rational my sub conscious mind, the bit that does all those clever logical summing activities without even thinking about it, and which requires the hard work to prove that it was right is pushing me away from the toxic gas idea.

I think if there had been a meteor or small air burst it would have been an amazing site, but I also think that it would not require anyone to cut the tent, or leave the camp site,  I would imagine that they would either have seen and felt an interesting fireworks display, or have been killed at the tent.

Regards

Star man

- Yes, the avalanche theory is so unlikely that I wonder why did the Russian investigators chosen it in 2019 as one of the 3 "most likely" theories. In fact what they chose (avalanche, snow slab and hurricane) were amongst the least likely to address the existent facts.

- If someone was before in the tent , that would suggest to me a strong indication of a cover-up. Perhaps they've stumbled into a military experiment , or into the crash site of a missile/plane, and what they saw was so secret that they needed to be silenced ? After all, the UR-100 fragments found on the pass indicate that military tests WERE done there, on a later date. So the place probably fits the profile of a test range.

- Infrasound may have been key in another unfortunate accident, at Khamar-Daban. But mystery still hangs over that incident as well. (https://www.rbth.com/history/330020-russia-dyatlov-pass-mystery-analogues?fbclid=IwAR0RgqXqyrVfeoKwDxSciuWR-vjoSkrs-d0nyhSSly2BnXkIkkcaB_wK0Cc)

- The Yeti/giant ape theory could work if considering the area as military testing site, and weapons being tested there. By the way, do you have more info about the meteorological rocket mentioned in the radiograms ? If was apparently "seen from Ivdel on Fev 1st"... (https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-136-198)

- Toxic gas would force them out quickly, and permit their return later - it does fit a lot of boxes...

- Airburst could have been provoked by a rocket or meteor (more info here: https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=417.msg9025#msg9025). Either of them could be seen with the naked eye by the ones standing outside (Thibeaux ? "Zolotaryov" ? Would "Zolotaryov" attempt to take a picture of the incoming object ?). They would immediately scream at the others - "incoming meteor - get out now" , or "rocket attack - get out now!", causing panic and terror. Some of them would be badly injured , but not necessarily all of them, because the shape of the explosion wouldn't necessarily affect them all...

Best Regards,
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 03:39:24 AM by alecsandros »

June 08, 2020, 04:07:18 PM
Reply #421

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient

The foot prints are another good reason that the avalanche theory is very unlikely.

It is possible that the scene was discovered by others before the search party got there.  I wouldn't rule it out, but I still think its unlikely.  The main point I was trying to make is that the events actually happened in this place where they were found.

I thi k if you had an infrasound weapon Kholat Syakhl would not be a good place or the best time to test such a weapon.    There is potential for natural infrasound though.  It's possible but I still think unlikely.

On the extreme weather event it is difficult to imagine that any of the group would feel the need to cut through the side of the tent.  The cuts were made through some of the seams which would have been more difficult to cut,    of the tent was damaged by wind, or some of the group were injured by tge wind, it would still make more sense to use tge normal exit.

The Yeti theory is kind of perplexing for me,  if there was already sufficient evidence on their existence then I would think that this fits this scenario quite well.  From the accounts I have seen many witnesses suggest that they are territorial and try to drive people away.  It fits well.  Alien theories are obviously just as strange, but I think more unlikely than possible.

The most rational explanation does seem to be the toxic gas .  Possibly from some kind of test. This links back to one of my first thoughts on what happened  - low yield neutron weapon and the toxic cloud it could have created,  it could also be a chemical weapon test loaded with a radioactive tracer like Sr90.  But although toxic gas seems more rational my sub conscious mind, the bit that does all those clever logical summing activities without even thinking about it, and which requires the hard work to prove that it was right is pushing me away from the toxic gas idea.

I think if there had been a meteor or small air burst it would have been an amazing site, but I also think that it would not require anyone to cut the tent, or leave the camp site,  I would imagine that they would either have seen and felt an interesting fireworks display, or have been killed at the tent.

Regards

Star man

- Yes, the avalanche theory is so unlikely that I wonder why did the Russian investigators chosen it in 2019 as one of the 3 "most likely" theories. In fact what they chose (avalanche, snow slab and hurricane) were amongst the least likely to address the existent facts.

- If someone was before in the tent , that would suggest to me a strong indication of a cover-up. Perhaps they've stumbled into a military experiment , or into the crash site of a missile/plane, and what they saw was so secret that they needed to be silenced ? After all, the UR-100 fragments found on the pass indicate that military tests WERE done there, on a later date. So the place probably fits the profile of a test range.

- Infrasound may have been key in another unfortunate accident, at Khamar-Daban. But mystery still hangs over that incident as well. (https://www.rbth.com/history/330020-russia-dyatlov-pass-mystery-analogues?fbclid=IwAR0RgqXqyrVfeoKwDxSciuWR-vjoSkrs-d0nyhSSly2BnXkIkkcaB_wK0Cc)

- The Yeti/giant ape theory could work if considering the area as military testing site, and weapons being tested there. By the way, do you have more info about the meteorological rocket mentioned in the radiograms ? If was apparently "seen from Ivdel on Fev 1st"... (https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-136-198)

- Toxic gas would force them out quickly, and permit their return later - it does fit a lot of boxes...

- Airburst could have been provoked by a rocket or meteor (more info here: https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=417.msg9025#msg9025). Either of them could be seen with the naked eye by the ones standing outside (Thibeaux ? "Zolotaryov" ? Would "Zolotaryov" attempt to take a picture of the incoming object ?). They would immediately scream at the others - "incoming meteor - get out now" , or "rocket attack - get out now!", causing panic and terror. Some of them would be badly injured , but not necessarily all of them, because the shape of the explosion wouldn't necessarily affect them all...

Best Regards,

Sorry, I dont have any more info on the meteorological rocket. 

I dont think they were murdered.  If they had been targeted I dont think they would have ever been found.  If the military had cleaned up the site they would have cleaned up the bodies and tent too.  The hikers would have simply disappeared, never to be seen again.  Allowing them to wander off into the dark would have given them a chance to survive and tell the tale.  They could have built a shelter and made it through the night and then returned to the tent, repaired it and made their way back.

I am still looking for further evidence of the Yeti.  I might not find any.  But it does seem to fit together.  Was the note in the evening otorten simply a joke?  Why did they deviate from their planned route and head away from the tree line?  Why did they not travel so far that day.  The weather may have been a factor, but there also may have been other factors.  I am interested in the foot prints, and lack of detailed forensics around them.  There could be some hidden information there.

At the end of the day it may not have been a Yeti, and Yetis may simply be a myth.  When and if I feel I have completely exhausted my search I will stop.

Regards

Star man

June 08, 2020, 11:35:46 PM
Reply #422

alecsandros

I dont think they were murdered.  If they had been targeted I dont think they would have ever been found.
Who knows ? I myself try to keep an open mind about all the theories. I am leaning towards the chemical weapon delivered by rocket, but others may be possible also. loco1
For instance, the discovery of the bodies and the assassination theory: from what I know, the Dyatlov Group was farely well known, and their endeavour well known as well. "Making them dissapear" would have pointed even more towards the state/KGB. As it was, most explanations tended towards a natural explanation of their deaths - exactly what the KGB would have wanted.

Allowing them to wander off into the dark would have given them a chance to survive and tell the tale.  They could have built a shelter and made it through the night and then returned to the tent, repaired it and made their way back.
A (remote but existent) possibility is that they did all that at gun point. The slope, the fire, the den, the (failed) return to the tent. Everything could have been forced at gun point with the intention of making the scene more credible and/or making accommodation for a more lengthy interrogation. The (failed) return to the tent might have been forced at gun point as well, maybe with a few words added "whoever reaches the tent gets left alive".

I am still looking for further evidence of the Yeti.  I might not find any.  But it does seem to fit together.  Was the note in the evening otorten simply a joke?  Why did they deviate from their planned route and head away from the tree line?  Why did they not travel so far that day.  The weather may have been a factor, but there also may have been other factors.  I am interested in the foot prints, and lack of detailed forensics around them.  There could be some hidden information there.

From what I remember, during Discovery Channel's 2014 documentary on Dyatlov Pass (the one about the killer Yeti), there were two members of the search party that said there were other footprints which were not photographed ( the part about the footprints starts at 14:25). Those footprints were "larger" then the others. Also during the same documentary, the cast recorded an unknown sound coming from the forest, sound which, at the end of the show could not be identified to any living creature.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 12:39:33 AM by alecsandros »

June 09, 2020, 05:16:52 PM
Reply #423

Star man

I dont think they were murdered.  If they had been targeted I dont think they would have ever been found.
Who knows ? I myself try to keep an open mind about all the theories. I am leaning towards the chemical weapon delivered by rocket, but others may be possible also. loco1
For instance, the discovery of the bodies and the assassination theory: from what I know, the Dyatlov Group was farely well known, and their endeavour well known as well. "Making them dissapear" would have pointed even more towards the state/KGB. As it was, most explanations tended towards a natural explanation of their deaths - exactly what the KGB would have wanted.

Allowing them to wander off into the dark would have given them a chance to survive and tell the tale.  They could have built a shelter and made it through the night and then returned to the tent, repaired it and made their way back.
A (remote but existent) possibility is that they did all that at gun point. The slope, the fire, the den, the (failed) return to the tent. Everything could have been forced at gun point with the intention of making the scene more credible and/or making accommodation for a more lengthy interrogation. The (failed) return to the tent might have been forced at gun point as well, maybe with a few words added "whoever reaches the tent gets left alive".

From what I remember, during Discovery Channel's 2014 documentary on Dyatlov Pass (the one about the killer Yeti), there were two members of the search party that said there were other footprints which were not photographed ( the part about the footprints starts at 14:25). Those footprints were "larger" then the others. Also during the same documentary, the cast recorded an unknown sound coming from the forest, sound which, at the end of the show could not be identified to any living creature.

I understand why some think that they may have been forced  under gun point.  It's not impossible, but I think it is very unlikely given the evidence at the scene. 

I dont put much stock into the discovery channel documentary.  My understanding is that the two who were interviewed (think one was Sharavin) but not sure.  Their description of the foot prints was likely miss translated.  Possibly deliberately.  It wasnt what they actually said.  Well it was for a Halloween moster weekend show.  Maybe one day the truth will be found.

Regards

Star man

June 09, 2020, 11:39:54 PM
Reply #424

alecsandros

I understand why some think that they may have been forced  under gun point.  It's not impossible, but I think it is very unlikely given the evidence at the scene. 
Indeed. Still, possibility exists that the scene had been "cleaned up" after the killings.
I dont put much stock into the discovery channel documentary.  My understanding is that the two who were interviewed (think one was Sharavin) but not sure.  Their description of the foot prints was likely miss translated.  Possibly deliberately.  It wasnt what they actually said.  Well it was for a Halloween moster weekend show.  Maybe one day the truth will be found.
I don't put either. Still some eye witness accounts are always interesting.

Any take on the strange sound apparently recorded during the documentary ?

Best Regards,

June 10, 2020, 05:05:24 PM
Reply #425

Star man

Indeed. Still, possibility exists that the scene had been "cleaned up" after the killings.
I don't put either. Still some eye witness accounts are always interesting.

Any take on the strange sound apparently recorded during the documentary ?

Best Regards,

On the strange sound recorded in the documentary - it is difficult to know if it was real or fabricated.  I think the credibility of the programme was damaged by the editors.  The Expedition unknown documentary that Teddy was in is a much better documentary.

Regards

Star man

June 11, 2020, 03:40:20 AM
Reply #426

alecsandros

On the strange sound recorded in the documentary - it is difficult to know if it was real or fabricated.  I think the credibility of the programme was damaged by the editors.  The Expedition unknown documentary that Teddy was in is a much better documentary.
Yes, I've seen that one as well. Much better indeed.

On the Abominable Snowman theory, a chain o events could be the following:
I -
a) the skiers heard cracking noises on Jan 31st and Fev 1st, in the forest around them. Someone made a blurry photo with Thibeaux-Brignolle's camera of a shadowy figure standing near a tree. They laughed at first and said it must have been a very tall Mansi hunter, but decided to keep watch and to protect themselves better , just in case.
b) the skiers made a small detour from their intended path, in order to camp on the barren mountain slope of Kholat Syakl. From there, they could easily observe the surroundings , out to 1km or more, therefore no stranger could approach them without being spotted.
c) the skiers made camp as planned, and established a program of watches, with one person standing guard outside the tent at all times.

II-
d) they eat dinner at around 19:00. They start making their watch program.
e) at around 22:00, it's "Zolotaryov's" turn to keep watch. With him exits also Thibeaux-Brignolles, for a call of nature. Both are well dressed.

Suddenly, a Yeti appears at 3 meters in front of "Zolotaryov". The Yeti starts making ear-splitting sounds, while the people inside the tent understand that the shadow from the forest has returned and it's attacking their comerades. In a hurry, they split the canvas of the tent, to get out and help their two friends. Unfortunately , it's too late for "Zolotaryov": he is punched with immense strength into the chest, and suffers multiple fractures. His friends rush to battle the enemy: with knives and bare fists, they surround the Yeti and fight back. The Yeti backs down under the relentless attack of the courageous friends !

f) but, during the battle, a second Yeti appears.
g) the group recovers "Zolotaryov"'s , still animated, body, but Lyubidina is punched hard as well - she suffers multiple fractures from the punch as well.
h) the second Yeti tilts the balance in the animal's favour: the group of skiers slowly backs down, down on the slope. During the battle, they have lost all but one of their knives. There is no time to take anything from the tent: the matches and flashlights were already on their pockets when they heard the ear-splitting noise.

III-
i) Dyatlov carries "Zolotaryov", Slobodin carries Lyubidina, while Doroschenko and Krivonishenko with Zina, Kolevatov and Thibeaux-Brignolles face the enemy, while going backwards down the slope.
j) Slobodin stumbles under the weight and is caught by one Yeti and his skull is crushed. He is still alive, but needs to be carried by Doroschenko. Krivonishenko takes Lyubidina.
k) Zina, Kolevatov and Thibeaux-Brignolles charge the closest Yeti (which was previously wounded), and stab it multiple times. However, all three of them suffer serious wounds - Kolevatov has his neck deformed, Zina receives a swipe on her abdomen, Thibeaux has his skull hit and internal bleeding. However with ear-splitting sounds, the enemy retreats. Both Yetis disappear into the darkness, as the group of skiers continues to descend the slope.
 (they are now half way).

IV-
l) thirty minutes later, the group arrives at the bottom of a cedar tree. They start a small fire and search for the enemy. Nothing is found.
m) it becomes painfully obvious that they won't survive the night unless they get warmer clothes from the tent.
n) Dyatlov, Zina and Doroschenko build a small den, onto which they place their heavy wounded.
p) Krivonishenko and Doroschenko try to keep the fire going. They are poorly dressed and feel the cold badly.
q) Dyatlov decides to try for the tent - with him goes Zina and Slobodin. Unfortunately, none of them reaches the tent - they freeze on the way.
r) everybody freezes
s) the Mansi hunters find the bodies on the slope and near the cedar tree, several days into the battle. They give word to the nearest military unit.
t) a group of soldiers examines the area somewhere around Fev 10th. They take several cameras, films and notebooks. Through an oversight, they leave behind a pair of leg-bracers. They cover their tracks around the tent and down the slope. They inform their superiors about what they found.
-----

Problems:
- the Yeti isn't a scientifically recognized animal
- 99% of the existing Yeti sightings describe a peacefull animal. The remaining 1% concern cases in which the Yeti was cornered, attacked or otherwise threatened by humans.
- no snow trashed around at the scene of the tent (to indicate a fight)
- the footprints as tracked by the official search team involve "8 or 9 set of tracks" going down the slope - therefore the heavily wounded (such as "Zolytariov") did make steps themselves
- the Yeti's can't be replaced by humans in a similar scenario
- the persistence of radiation on clothes even after months under the snow and weeks in running water

Best,

« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 05:45:54 AM by alecsandros »

June 13, 2020, 05:46:41 PM
Reply #427

Star man

Yes, I've seen that one as well. Much better indeed.

On the Abominable Snowman theory, a chain o events could be the following:
I -
a) the skiers heard cracking noises on Jan 31st and Fev 1st, in the forest around them. Someone made a blurry photo with Thibeaux-Brignolle's camera of a shadowy figure standing near a tree. They laughed at first and said it must have been a very tall Mansi hunter, but decided to keep watch and to protect themselves better , just in case.
b) the skiers made a small detour from their intended path, in order to camp on the barren mountain slope of Kholat Syakl. From there, they could easily observe the surroundings , out to 1km or more, therefore no stranger could approach them without being spotted.
c) the skiers made camp as planned, and established a program of watches, with one person standing guard outside the tent at all times.

II-
e) at around 22:00, it's "Zolotaryov's" turn to keep watch. With him exits also Thibeaux-Brignolles, for a call of nature. Both are well dressed.

Suddenly, a Yeti appears at 3 meters in front of "Zolotaryov". The Yeti starts making ear-splitting sounds, while the people inside the tent understand that the shadow from the forest has returned and it's attacking their comerades. In a hurry, they split the canvas of the tent, to get out and help their two friends. Unfortunately , it's too late for "Zolotaryov": he is punched with immense strength into the chest, and suffers multiple fractures. His friends rush to battle the enemy: with knives and bare fists, they surround the Yeti and fight back. The Yeti backs down under the relentless attack of the courageous friends !

g) the group recovers "Zolotaryov"'s , still animated, body, but Lyubidina is punched hard as well - she suffers multiple fractures from the punch as well.
h) the second Yeti tilts the balance in the animal's favour: the group of skiers slowly backs down, down on the slope. During the battle, they have lost all but one of their knives. There is no time to take anything from the tent: the matches and flashlights were already on their pockets when they heard the ear-splitting noise.

III-
i) Dyatlov carries "Zolotaryov", Slobodin carries Lyubidina, while Doroschenko and Krivonishenko with Zina, Kolevatov and Thibeaux-Brignolles face the enemy, while going backwards down the slope.
j) Slobodin stumbles under the weight and is caught by one Yeti and his skull is crushed. He is still alive, but needs to be carried by Doroschenko. Krivonishenko takes Lyubidina.
k) Zina, Kolevatov and Thibeaux-Brignolles charge the closest Yeti (which was previously wounded), and stab it multiple times. However, all three of them suffer serious wounds - Kolevatov has his neck deformed, Zina receives a swipe on her abdomen, Thibeaux has his skull hit and internal bleeding. However with ear-splitting sounds, the enemy retreats. Both Yetis disappear into the darkness, as the group of skiers continues to descend the slope.
 (they are now half way).

IV-
l) thirty minutes later, the group arrives at the bottom of a cedar tree. They start a small fire and search for the enemy. Nothing is found.
m) it becomes painfully obvious that they won't survive the night unless they get warmer clothes from the tent.
n) Dyatlov, Zina and Doroschenko build a small den, onto which they place their heavy wounded.
p) Krivonishenko and Doroschenko try to keep the fire going. They are poorly dressed and feel the cold badly.
q) Dyatlov decides to try for the tent - with him goes Zina and Slobodin. Unfortunately, none of them reaches the tent - they freeze on the way.
r) everybody freezes
s) the Mansi hunters find the bodies on the slope and near the cedar tree, several days into the battle. They give word to the nearest military unit.
t) a group of soldiers examines the area somewhere around Fev 10th. They take several cameras, films and notebooks. Through an oversight, they leave behind a pair of leg-bracers. They cover their tracks around the tent and down the slope. They inform their superiors about what they found.
-----

Problems:
- the Yeti isn't a scientifically recognized animal
- 99% of the existing Yeti sightings describe a peacefull animal. The remaining 1% concern cases in which the Yeti was cornered, attacked or otherwise threatened by humans.
- no snow trashed around at the scene of the tent (to indicate a fight)
- the footprints as tracked by the official search team involve "8 or 9 set of tracks" going down the slope - therefore the heavily wounded (such as "Zolytariov") did make steps themselves
- the Yeti's can't be replaced by humans in a similar scenario
- the persistence of radiation on clothes even after months under the snow and weeks in running water

Best,

Not bac.  I had something similar in mind, but with some alterations:

The photo of the dark figure is probably one of the hikers.  I really dont think it is a Yeti.  It's possible that the hikers may have observed something on the final day though.  Maybe one or two of the hikers had seen something, and maybe they had decide"t to camp on higher ground to get a good vantage point.  Thibo and Semyon could have been in watch as you say.  Maybe they tried to make light of it and wrote the pamphlet in just.  I suspect that someone was outside when it started.  Maybe they had spotted one and fled down the mountain, sounding the alarm as they went.  There are reports of such creatures trying to scare people away by throwing rocks and logs at them, banging on the side of cabins and making noises etc.  If one or more hikers were outside, then the toggles on the foor of the tent would have been undone.  If one of the creatures was at the door and began put their hands into the tent feeling about, then I imagine that could have prompted a panic resulting in the need to make a new exit from the tent, by cutting a hole and then pulling at it to make it big enough to get through.  On their decent they are followed and there are several confrontations, where the hikers try to scare off the creatures.  I agree that Rustem may have fallen here have receiving several hard blows and having significant blow to the head while he was lying on the ground.  He never recovers and freezes to death.  The others make it to the cedar and climb it for safety initially.  They wait for the creatures to go and by this time the Yuris are in a bad state.  They collect firewood from the cedar and build a fire, but it's not enough to stop the Yuris from dying.  They remove the clothing and consider making a better shelter in the ravine where there is less wind and more snow.  They cut the branches around the cedar for the shelter, using the fire to keep warm.  They intend to move the fire at some point.  Before the shelter is finished, Lyuda , Semyon and Thibo are attacked again.  They are dragged about, and then receive some heavy blows to their chests while lying on the ground.  Thibo's skull is crushed while he is lying on the ground, his head being pushed into the snow.  The others fight the attackers off, possibly using the knife and the attacker retreats.  At some point Dyatlov and Zina decide to go back to the tent, maybe before or  after the attack, or maybe they never get to the cedar and just become lost on the hill and freeze.

Kolevatov, is the last one left alive.  He has received some injuries trying to defend his friends. He too eventually freezes, but not before Lyuda and Semyon die of their injuries and the cold.

You quote valid points against such a theory.  On the foot prints though, a much heavier creature is likely to have much deeper foot prints, these are less likely to be exposed as pillar prints.  Strangely, they may have instead been filled in by drifting snow, as all raised foot prints would likely be initially.

Regards

Star man

June 14, 2020, 03:44:46 AM
Reply #428

alecsandros

Nice account of the events.

A key part of this is: how do the Yetis find the tent at night and why do they attack the skiers ?
My explanation for such an event would be that the Yetis tracked the skiers based on the senses of smell and hearing, slowly approaching the tent , by coming from the forest.
To explain the aggressive behaviour, I would posit that some sort of military experiment using rockets and/or mysterious fireorbs startled the Yetis, that felt threatened and considered the tresspassers (the Dyatlov Group) as a danger.

What do you think ?

June 15, 2020, 06:08:37 PM
Reply #429

Star man

If there had been such creatures there they would probably have been watching them as they travelled.  Accounts suggest that they try to scare off people by throwing things and banging on things and making strange noises.  Smell, eye sight noise too I suspect.

I dont think it would need military to make them aggressive.  But who knows.

Regards

Star man

June 16, 2020, 09:49:07 AM
Reply #430

alecsandros

Do you have a candidate for a possible Yeti ?
I.e. Gigantopithecus, Homo Neanderthalensis ?

June 16, 2020, 10:54:49 AM
Reply #431

Morski

My bet is on Nikolai Thibo  whist1
"Truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it." Mark Twain

June 16, 2020, 04:54:16 PM
Reply #432

Star man

TBH I don't know.  I wouldn't rule out some kind of mountain gorilla.  An exotic pet let loose, or an escaped animal from a zoo/circus.  A Gorilla used for military test etc.  A normal mountain gorilla is capable of the injuries of the rav 4.  There were suppose to have been state sponsored experiments to cross breed apes and humans in the 1920s.  The bigfoot genome project claims that they have sequenced uncontaminated DNA  from a bigfoot under observation and found that it was a hybrid human/ape.   Mitochondrial DNA entirely human, with main helix sequences a mix of ape and human, indicating an ape has bread with a female human.   Naturally there is much scepticism around their claims.  It is interesting to look at though.  So there are possible candidates, in addition to the prehistoric ones.

The key to all of this though is finding evidence, which is difficult.  There is evidence that could support the theory, but it isn't explicit to an attack by a yeti or other ape like creature,  explicit evidence is needed.  I think if a body were to be found then that might increase the validity of the Yeti attack theory.

Regards

Star man

June 16, 2020, 04:55:38 PM
Reply #433

Star man

I have actually seen some humans that might pass for a Yeti.

Regards

Star man

June 16, 2020, 10:44:02 PM
Reply #434

Morski

Regards

Star man

Yeah, there are some authentic candidates:

June 17, 2020, 05:07:21 AM
Reply #435

alecsandros

TBH I don't know.  I wouldn't rule out some kind of mountain gorilla.  An exotic pet let loose, or an escaped animal from a zoo/circus.  A Gorilla used for military test etc.  A normal mountain gorilla is capable of the injuries of the rav 4.  There were suppose to have been state sponsored experiments to cross breed apes and humans in the 1920s.  The bigfoot genome project claims that they have sequenced uncontaminated DNA  from a bigfoot under observation and found that it was a hybrid human/ape.   Mitochondrial DNA entirely human, with main helix sequences a mix of ape and human, indicating an ape has bread with a female human.   Naturally there is much scepticism around their claims.  It is interesting to look at though.  So there are possible candidates, in addition to the prehistoric ones.

The key to all of this though is finding evidence, which is difficult.  There is evidence that could support the theory, but it isn't explicit to an attack by a yeti or other ape like creature,  explicit evidence is needed.  I think if a body were to be found then that might increase the validity of the Yeti attack theory.

Regards

Star man
Thinking about a mountain gorilla we would need to include some level of military involvement. Do you think that the military could have placed such animals near Dyatlov Pass ?

I was thinking about other living fossils - the Coelacanth (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coelacanth), the Mega-mouth shark (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megamouth_shark). Both were considered along time extinct... Still they appeared after so much time.

For some time I thought a frozen body of a Yeti has been preserved (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Iceman). However, current consensus is that it was all an elaborate hoax...

« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 07:21:12 AM by alecsandros »

June 17, 2020, 03:58:40 PM
Reply #436

Star man

Regards

Star man

Yeah, there are some authentic candidates:

Not a bad candidate.  lol2

Regards

Star man

June 17, 2020, 04:09:35 PM
Reply #437

Star man

Regards

Star man
Thinking about a mountain gorilla we would need to include some level of military involvement. Do you think that the military could have placed such animals near Dyatlov Pass ?

I was thinking about other living fossils - the Coelacanth (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coelacanth), the Mega-mouth shark (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megamouth_shark). Both were considered along time extinct... Still they appeared after so much time.

For some time I thought a frozen body of a Yeti has been preserved (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Iceman). However, current consensus is that it was all an elaborate hoax...

In one of my previous threads I considered the possibility of apes used in a military test.  A n bomb test.  Apes were used extensively for tests during this period.  What better way to test the effects of a n bomb on humans than by using apes with very similar anatomy.  Note that n bombs were designed specifically to take out people, stop advancing armies and leave the infrastructure with little damage.  If you were going to test such a device, it would be pointless without some test subjects.  But I am not ruling out historical creatures and traditional Yetis.  There have been many sightings by credible witnesses.  Unfortunately there have probably been even more hoaxes and made up stories.

Jury is still out without the evidence,  question is can any evidence be found?  If not then maybe it wasnt a Yeti, or ape.

Regards

Star man

June 18, 2020, 06:52:40 AM
Reply #438

alecsandros

Regards

Star man

In one of my previous threads I considered the possibility of apes used in a military test.  A n bomb test.  Apes were used extensively for tests during this period.  What better way to test the effects of a n bomb on humans than by using apes with very similar anatomy.  Note that n bombs were designed specifically to take out people, stop advancing armies and leave the infrastructure with little damage.  If you were going to test such a device, it would be pointless without some test subjects.  But I am not ruling out historical creatures and traditional Yetis.  There have been many sightings by credible witnesses.  Unfortunately there have probably been even more hoaxes and made up stories.

Jury is still out without the evidence,  question is can any evidence be found?  If not then maybe it wasnt a Yeti, or ape.

Regards

Star man

Let's discuss the few facts about the Yeti that we have , in conjunction with DPI.

First, the curious photo no17. Many say it's Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolle. However, other say that the snow is over 2ft deep in that photo, making the person in picture stand at around 190-200cm (because the knees are clearly above the snow line, by some 10-20cm.) Was Nikolai that tall ?

Second, the curious mention of snowmen exist from the Evening Otorten. All the other cut-outs from the paper are linked to actual events. Therefore it is reasonable to infer that the snowman in question is also linked to a real event. Perhaps they've seen someone in the woods, and barely managed to photograph him...

Best,

June 18, 2020, 11:15:52 AM
Reply #439

Morski

Regards

Star man

Both the Coelacanth and the Megamouth are ocean creatures, and they inhabit deep waters. My point is, that in the oceans they stand way better chances of survival and to remain undetected, compared to any land species, especially they don`t have many natural enemies, if any. Well, apart from lucky fisherman. Considering the fact, that we haven`t studied huge percentage (some say 95%, but I believe that must be exaggerated) of the oceans, there is a good chance to find more creatures that are considered long gone.

But if you are looking for creatures on the surface, I think the closest you get apart from long extincted Gigantopithecus or Homo Neanderthalensis, is related to the work of people like Ilya Ivanovich Ivanov and his Human-ape hybridization experiments. I remember Loose Cannon posting a nice photo of one of the ... things. I find it very convenient, that Ivanov is Russian.  kewl1 But to be fair, remaining completely undetected, even in remote areas with little to no human activity is ridiculous. Especially if there is a population that is reproducing itself and older creatures die.

That is probably why recognizing Nikolai in the photo №17 sounds and looks more reasonable compared to looking for a "black cat in dark room".

Regards
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 11:23:14 AM by Morski »

June 18, 2020, 11:21:41 AM
Reply #440

Morski

Regarding the famous frame №17 (https://dyatlovpass.com/camera-thibeaux-brignolle) from Nikolai Thibeaux camera, where it is speculated that it captured Yeti - Look at the photo again, and than take a look at the loose photos section and especially photo №7 (https://dyatlovpass.com/loose-photos), where Nikolai himself is in a strange position of the body, presumably being cold. Compare the leaning of the torso and especially the right shoulder position of the Yeti photo and Nikolai`s. They seem to be very much alike, even though the quality of the two photos and the distance is very different. Different photos, but the body position looks similar. Another tning, it is said that Nikolai liked to be in front of a camera. He liked to be the center of attention. The group had already been joking about Yeti, eventually writing it down in the "Evening Otorten №1". If they were sure, or at least in doubt they saw such a creature, I think they would write much more, not a single line.

I think it is more reasonable to say, that Nikolai and his friends kinda "staged" the Yeti photo to fit the Yeti joking theme, and the Yeti is actually Nikolai himself. The photo is taken with his camera. Of course, there was no way for them to see the photo right away back then, but a more experienced photographer (someone from the group) could make a more blurry photo deliberately.

June 18, 2020, 11:55:09 AM
Reply #441

alecsandros

Regarding the famous frame №17 (https://dyatlovpass.com/camera-thibeaux-brignolle) from Nikolai Thibeaux camera, where it is speculated that it captured Yeti - Look at the photo again, and than take a look at the loose photos section and especially photo №7 (https://dyatlovpass.com/loose-photos), where Nikolai himself is in a strange position of the body, presumably being cold. Compare the leaning of the torso and especially the right shoulder position of the Yeti photo and Nikolai`s. They seem to be very much alike, even though the quality of the two photos and the distance is very different. Different photos, but the body position looks similar. Another tning, it is said that Nikolai liked to be in front of a camera. He liked to be the center of attention. The group had already been joking about Yeti, eventually writing it down in the "Evening Otorten №1". If they were sure, or at least in doubt they saw such a creature, I think they would write much more, not a single line.

I think it is more reasonable to say, that Nikolai and his friends kinda "staged" the Yeti photo to fit the Yeti joking theme, and the Yeti is actually Nikolai himself. The photo is taken with his camera. Of course, there was no way for them to see the photo right away back then, but a more experienced photographer (someone from the group) could make a more blurry photo deliberately.
Of course,
still the aspect of depth of snow at the point of the photograph is interesting.
If the snow is 2feet deep, that makes the person photographed over 6feet tall, possibly around 6feet 6inches or so.

June 18, 2020, 12:06:28 PM
Reply #442

alecsandros

Both the Coelacanth and the Megamouth are ocean creatures, and they inhabit deep waters. My point is, that in the oceans they stand way better chances of survival and to remain undetected, compared to any land species, especially they don`t have many natural enemies, if any. Well, apart from lucky fisherman. Considering the fact, that we haven`t studied huge percentage (some say 95%, but I believe that must be exaggerated) of the oceans, there is a good chance to find more creatures that are considered long gone.

But if you are looking for creatures on the surface, I think the closest you get apart from long extincted Gigantopithecus or Homo Neanderthalensis, is related to the work of people like Ilya Ivanovich Ivanov and his Human-ape hybridization experiments. I remember Loose Cannon posting a nice photo of one of the ... things. I find it very convenient, that Ivanov is Russian.  kewl1 But to be fair, remaining completely undetected, even in remote areas with little to no human activity is ridiculous. Especially if there is a population that is reproducing itself and older creatures die.

That is probably why recognizing Nikolai in the photo №17 sounds and looks more reasonable compared to looking for a "black cat in dark room".

Regards
I have been reading about living fossils and strange animals from a very young age. An interesting account that drew my attention came from North America, where a race of cannibalistic giants is said to have existed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si-Te-Cah
"According to the Paiutes, the Si-Te-Cah were a red-haired band of cannibalistic giants.[3] The Si-Te-Cah and the Paiutes were at war, and after a long struggle a coalition of tribes trapped the remaining Si-Te-Cah in Lovelock Cave. When they refused to come out, the Indians piled brush before the cave mouth and set it aflame. The Si-Te-Cah were annihilated. "

According to some sources, prehistoric sandals were discovered in Lovelock Cave. The sandals were approximately 40cm long, making them ideal for bigfoot giants to walk in them. (https://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends-americas/lovelock-cave-tale-giants-or-giant-tale-fiction-003060)

In Asia and in Russia, accounts of Yetis, under various names, appear quite often.
Regarding the difficulty of finding new real animals on the surface of the plane (versus underwater) - it is more difficult, but not impossible...

So, who knows ? Perhaps one day we will read on the news about the finding of a real life Yeti.  loco1

June 18, 2020, 12:16:22 PM
Reply #443

Morski

Of course,
still the aspect of depth of snow at the point of the photograph is interesting.
If the snow is 2feet deep, that makes the person photographed over 6feet tall, possibly around 6feet 6inches or so.

I am not sure where the information about the depth (2 m.) comes from. I am also not sure whether anyone knows exactly where the place is, in order to claim certain depth. Anyway, to me, it looks like the one who is taking the photo is positioned a bit lower, as if he/she is on his knees or lying on the ground. Or, it could be that it is a natural difference in the terrain - a slope, which leaves the photographer lower, which may explain the "Yeti" height. Or even a snow mass in front of the legs of the "Yeti", creating optical illusion, that the legs are buried in deep snow.

Regards
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 12:22:04 PM by Morski »

June 18, 2020, 02:55:01 PM
Reply #444

Georgi

I dont think they were murdered.  If they had been targeted I dont think they would have ever been found.  If the military had cleaned up the site they would have cleaned up the bodies and tent too.  The hikers would have simply disappeared, never to be seen again.  Allowing them to wander off into the dark would have given them a chance to survive and tell the tale.  They could have built a shelter and made it through the night and then returned to the tent, repaired it and made their way back.

1)How do you disappear someone in Siberia during February? The ground is frozen and covered in snow, the amount of effort it would take to dig a large enough hole from the frozen ground for 9 bodies and their gear would be immense and would either require the entire attack party to dig for quite some time, or there would have to be a lot more attackers than reasonable.

2)Despite the remoteness of the region, the expectation is that the bodies would eventually be found, if every trace of the party disappeared from that mountain I imagine that the immediate theory would be murder by the state and a coverup.

3)Allowing them to wander in the dark with insufficient clothes prevents them from going far, where exactly would they go and how far can they go? The nearest settlement they know about is at least 40 to 50k away. Even if they wonder away, they wont survive long, at most they wonder away for a km or two further away and die at some point in the few hours after vacating the tent, they have no clothes, no food, no shoes, no shelter, no mode of transportation other than walking and no idea where the nearest people are.

4) If someone is trying to kill them, they would hardly leave the tent unattended after they chase the hikers out and I highly doubt that they would leave without ensuring that they all died before leaving the area. I doubt that someone chased them away from the tent and then left immediately after.

June 18, 2020, 02:56:30 PM
Reply #445

Georgi

What evidence at the scene contradicts that possibility?

June 18, 2020, 03:37:09 PM
Reply #446

Georgi

I -
If there was someone watching the outside at all times they would have been very well dressed but more importantly, they would have made some sort of weapons and used the knives and axes for security. If they are forced to run they would not be throwing away their weapons and clothes .

II-
If they were keeping watch, there would likely be two of them at all times, after all there are enough of them to be able to keep 1.5h watch schedule but again they would be armed as best they can which might have meant going back to their storage site for the additional ice ax and they would be well dressed. Sending a person or two to patrol outside while they are under dressed and unarmed makes no sense.

The knives were found inside the tent with their clothing, and from all account the tent was in orderly shape inside. If 7 people were inside what was for all intents and purposes two 4man tents sown together, and they were forced to run outside in haste the inside would appear like a brawl had happened rather than just 7 crumpled up blankets and shoes piled on each other.

All of their knives were IN the tent in their sheaths, and if either one of them were to badly hurt by yeti they would have had significant problems making it down the slope. The last thing people running for their lives would be to throw away their weapons back into the tent.

If they were concerned about someone or something they would have been dressed and ready to leave on a moments notice rather than strip down to underwear when they believe they are in enough danger to require a sentry.

III-

You would be clearly able to see if someone is backing down the slope or if they are walking forward and the problem with carrying people down the slope in the cold with no shoes and no clothes would be that both Slopodin and Dyatlov would be completely exhausted well before they get to the tree.

(they are now half way).
No knives so they cant stab anyone/anything. At this point by your theory there are at least 7 seriously injured individual who would be stumbling and falling all over the place, the likely outcome would be that the group starts shedding people from the tent all the way down to the cedar tree. There is a point where if too many people are injured the group will either stop or abandon people. There are at least 3 seriously injured people in your scenario more likely 6 of them with at least 1 maybe 2 already dead. Deformed neck means that he isn't walking away and serious chest injuries mean that Both Symon and Lyubina are going to be basicly dragged as fireman carrying them out would be out of the question.

IV-
r) everybody freezes
So why are 4 of the most heavily injured people not by the cedar tree once found but in the Ravine? Two of them would have died immediatly or shortly after their injuries so early in the evening after the attack, they would be dead weight, so how did they get from the cedar tree to the  Ravine?

June 18, 2020, 03:39:56 PM
Reply #447

Georgi

then I imagine that could have prompted a panic resulting in the need to make a new exit from the tent, by cutting a hole and then pulling at it to make it big enough to get through. 
If there was panic inside the tent with a hasty retreat the tent would reflect the hasty retreat. Nobody cuts out the side of their tent and then does an orderly evacuation.

June 18, 2020, 04:52:53 PM
Reply #448

Star man

Regards

Star man

Regards

Star man

Let's discuss the few facts about the Yeti that we have , in conjunction with DPI.

First, the curious photo no17. Many say it's Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolle. However, other say that the snow is over 2ft deep in that photo, making the person in picture stand at around 190-200cm (because the knees are clearly above the snow line, by some 10-20cm.) Was Nikolai that tall ?

Second, the curious mention of snowmen exist from the Evening Otorten. All the other cut-outs from the paper are linked to actual events. Therefore it is reasonable to infer that the snowman in question is also linked to a real event. Perhaps they've seen someone in the woods, and barely managed to photograph him...

Best,

The Evening Otorten is interesting.  It is what started the speculation about the Yeti theory.  You're correct in that other entries seem to relate to events.  Had someone seen something and the others teased them about it in the pamphlet. Or was the entry less satirical than the others.  Strangely the pattern of events could fit the Yeti theory.

Regards

Star man

June 18, 2020, 05:02:15 PM
Reply #449

Star man

1)How do you disappear someone in Siberia during February? The ground is frozen and covered in snow, the amount of effort it would take to dig a large enough hole from the frozen ground for 9 bodies and their gear would be immense and would either require the entire attack party to dig for quite some time, or there would have to be a lot more attackers than reasonable.

2)Despite the remoteness of the region, the expectation is that the bodies would eventually be found, if every trace of the party disappeared from that mountain I imagine that the immediate theory would be murder by the state and a coverup.

3)Allowing them to wander in the dark with insufficient clothes prevents them from going far, where exactly would they go and how far can they go? The nearest settlement they know about is at least 40 to 50k away. Even if they wonder away, they wont survive long, at most they wonder away for a km or two further away and die at some point in the few hours after vacating the tent, they have no clothes, no food, no shoes, no shelter, no mode of transportation other than walking and no idea where the nearest people are.

4) If someone is trying to kill them, they would hardly leave the tent unattended after they chase the hikers out and I highly doubt that they would leave without ensuring that they all died before leaving the area. I doubt that someone chased them away from the tent and then left immediately after.

1.  You remove their bodies from the area and dispose of them somewhere else.

2.  The bodies would not be found if they were completely removed.

3.  They were experienced hikers, some were well dressed, they had matches and built a fire, they could build a shelter and survived.

4.  There was no motive to want to kill them.  They would have been difficult to find.  They would have needed to wait around.

Regards

Star man