April 23, 2024, 07:32:18 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
General Discussion / Re: Wonder If...
« Last post by gunmat on April 11, 2024, 06:41:54 AM »
The autopsy reports are one of the most important documents in this case, because they describe what is actually observed, and are not altered by memory. On March 8, 1959, the autopsy was conducted by Dr. B.A. VOZROZHDENNIY. After reading the report in my own native language, the brutality becomes closer and some details become clearer.
--
The frontal bone is cracked on the left side, and there were bleedings in both the right and left temporal muscles. The crack starts at the injured left temporal muscle and extends 6 centimeters diagonally upward and forward. It is consistent with the head having been positioned with the right side against a stable solid surface, and receiving a strong impact from a blunt object on the left side, partially over the temporal bone and partially over the frontal bone. The force has caused the frontal bone to crack.
--
The report appears very thorough, but in the conclusion, it devolves into speculation. This is a strange dissonance in such a thorough report : “The fracture of the left frontal lobe bone could have occurred during a fall by Slobodin or the impact of the head on a hard object such as rocks, ice, etc. A blunt object caused the above-mentioned trauma.”
--
If we assume the official story, Kolmogorova, Slobodin, and Dyatlov leave from the cedar tree and head towards the tent where they freeze to death. This route does not pass through a scree with running water, which could create ice blocks in the snow. There is only loose snow on the ground along the route they may have taken. However, Teddy and others can, of course, document this with pictures. The idea that Slobodin would fall and hit one side of his head against a stone or ice, and then fall to the other side and experience the same, seems highly speculative. Especially since the external head injuries are found in exactly the same place on the opposite side. The head rested against something solid while being struck on the other side by a blunt object.

« Last post by Partorg on April 10, 2024, 09:40:20 PM »
Won’t even risk challenging this statement. ))
Although in principle  to argue is possible and in a constructive way.
« Last post by Ziljoe on April 10, 2024, 08:56:33 PM »
I certainly don't think I am right. 🤗

« Last post by Partorg on April 10, 2024, 08:34:56 PM »
You are wrong.
But convincing anyone of what is completely obvious to me is not part and of my plans either.
Everything is 😉👌
« Last post by Ziljoe on April 10, 2024, 07:30:20 PM »
Partorg', I also agree there is no avalanche that sweeps away trains. This is not what I put forward. I put forward that there was a small collapse of fresh snow but the hikers made the decision to leave the area incase of a hypothetical avalanche, as in worse was to come , in their minds. The truth was , nothing worse was to happen, there was never going to be an avalanche but that is irrelevant if the hikers thought they were in a dangerous place.

Even if there is a small fall or collapse of fresh snow , they should be able to adjust and get equipment or regain the resources.  I would argue that they thought it was more dangerous to dig out equipment than to go to the forest. The decision to go to the forest would be more effort than to dig the tent out for clothes etc.  On balance, why walk 1.5 KM to make snow shelters , fire etc. When you can dig out the tent and some of its resources?.

I don't mean to argue in a negative way. Please forgive me. I think they felt a threat, that threat was there was worse to come.
« Last post by Partorg on April 10, 2024, 06:50:01 PM »
Quote from: Ziljoe
I was thinking that there might have been some sort of fresh snow collapse, relatively insignificant in hind sight because we know there can not be an "avalanche" at that location.
Nobody talks about the avalanche that sweeps away trains But if your tent and everything in it are under 2 - 2.5 feet of  snow, flowing like sugar and you see that it is not possible to dig it empty-handed out within 30 - 40 minutes, while feeling the wind blowing through your sweater like gauzethen, the idea go into the forest lighting a fire waiting for the wind to subside, and then returning to the excavations mai seem the only correct. Although, of course, it is not a fact that it will really be like that correct but this is not at all the same as throw down the tent and going into the forest because of the mere fear of a possible avalanche. That’s what we’re talking about.

Quote from: gunmat
I believe that the best people to determine what causes what injuries are experts in emergency medicine.
Agree a little more than completely.
I have always said that about the ability of injured people to perform certain actions, you should ask not forensics, but trauma surgeons because they receive this information first-hand.

Quote from: gunmat
If you fall, you land on your palms, not with clenched fists.
Don't agree. Even at a temperature ≈ of 0°C and with a slight wind, the joints of the fingers quickly lose mobility and clenched fist opens with great difficulty.
All five of those found in February-March had frostbite of the fingers of III – IV degrees. So they most likely fell and got up using fists.

The question of the location of the crack on Slobodin’s head deserves separate study. From a careful reading of the descriptive part of the Certificate of Forensic Medical Examination of the Corpse, it follows that an error was probably made in the “Conclusion” since a crack 6 cm long, not reaching the sagittal suture by only 1.5 cm, could be located not on the left frontal (as written in the "Conclusion") but on the left parietal bone
This is all the more likely because the frontal bone is unpaired and there is no LEFT frontal bone.
« Last post by Ziljoe on April 10, 2024, 04:48:42 PM »
Sorry Partorg. I may not have explained myself well. I was thinking that there might have been some sort of fresh snow collapse, relatively insignificant in hind sight because we know there can not be an "avalanche" at that location.

I'm only musing the thought of the hikers perception of a small collapse of snow and how they interpreted that possible event. If they did not know exactly where they pitched the tent in low visibility, they "may"  have thought it's better to move away in case worse was to come. They were correct in where they pitched the tent for safety, it's just if doubt came in.

It is the best I can think of regarding motivation to cut the tent and move away.

I agree that it's too perfect for it to be staged, if there was staging it would be easier to have the tent destroyed and equipment out with the tent and to locate the tent directly under 1079.

They are only thoughts. I welcome your thoughts? .
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10