October 03, 2026, 12:24:07 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Alexander Kolevatov and Semyon Zolotaryov  (Read 19 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 02, 2026, 05:25:47 AM
Read 19 times
Offline

Kayers3


So, there has been constant speculation about Zolotaryov's past and the possibility that he was a KGB agent along with several other things, but, I was reading up on Aleksander Kolevatov on the Dyatlov Pass website www.dyatlovpass.com (the website for this forum) and from what I've read, it seems that Kolevatov had a slightly obscure past as well. Especially with how he went from having poor to average grades in primary school to receiving far better grades after joining the Komsomol to excelling in German and somehow obtaining a position in Moscow at a top secret nuclear plant and getting paid more than most other people, even in the part of Moscow that he lived in. Is there a possibility that Kolevatov was working for the government as some kind of spy?
I first heard about the Dyatlov Pass Incident when I was about 8 years old when my dad came across it and told me about the case. I became obsessed with the case after that. My dream is to visit Dyatlov Pass one day.
 

October 02, 2026, 10:32:51 PM
Reply #1
Offline

Ziljoe


The speculation is just that ,speculation. The top secret context is just how things were titled or the paper work control of the facilities.

Many of the students and population were involved in industries that had an element of don't say too much.

For me the reality is the population heavily engaged in the sport of tourism, going back many year's all over the soviet union. The hike and route is completely standard to what everyone else were doing .

The assembly of  for the dyatlov was completely random. Certain individuals were going to join but had to pull out for other commitments, then others applied and so on.

There are no hidden bases or anything of interest on the route , it's basically inaccessible by machine for hundreds of miles, it's by foot, ski, sledge or helicopter to get to these mountain tops.

Why a spy would be bothered to be on a hike with students going to the middle of no where to interfere with a grade 3 certificate for its participants carries little motive.

Personally I see no link. Fatalities from these hikes were not unique over the years. They are documented in many archives and training manuals.

If he was working as a spy , I don't think it has anything to do with the hike, he was using his time off to do what he enjoyed.