May 22, 2022, 01:36:29 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Murdered / Re: A problem with homicide theories
« Last post by Charles on May 11, 2022, 02:02:38 PM »
Igor b is not for the snowman. He explains that he believes that there was a snow collapse at the ravine.

Yes, I got that point, that's why I conceded a single blow and thanked Igor, but I am not convinced with the snow crushing the hikers yet.
« Last post by Ziljoe on May 10, 2022, 07:48:49 PM »

They could have toe fractures as the didn't have their shoes on and crossed a field of stones to reach the forest, but they had not a single toe fracture
Do we know this? Were their feet checked for fractures? Perhaps the pathologist was only looking to determine cause of death and  toe fractures aren't fatal.

Not my quote manti, it was Charles.
Non-DP Related Mysteries! / Re: Elk Hunt according to Julius Caesar
« Last post by Manti on May 10, 2022, 07:20:59 PM »
Looks like an early example of an urban legend  lol2
« Last post by Manti on May 10, 2022, 07:14:30 PM »

They could have toe fractures as the didn't have their shoes on and crossed a field of stones to reach the forest, but they had not a single toe fracture
Do we know this? Were their feet checked for fractures? Perhaps the pathologist was only looking to determine cause of death and  toe fractures aren't fatal.

« Last post by Ziljoe on May 10, 2022, 03:03:26 PM »
At least two blows on Zolotaryov...
Нет.

Thank you Igor, so... only one blow from the snowman.

The quote from Igor translated to English:

Fractures of the scapula are rarely observed in traumatology ... As a rule, they occur simultaneously with fractures of the ribs

: Igor b is not for the snowman. He explains that he believes that there was a snow collapse at the ravine. He hypothesizes through researched  data also. From his link I will translate some to English.

About fractures of the right scapula in Zolotarev.

A comprehensive assessment of the location of cadaveric spots and flexion-extensor fractures of the ribs made it possible to determine the exact position of Zolotarev's body at the time of snow collapse in the stream:
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&sho...ost&p=86124

Attached image

It can be seen that the main blow fell on the right side of the chest and the right shoulder blade.
As it turned out, there is nothing surprising in the fracture of the scapula along with the ribs:
Fractures of the scapula are rarely observed in traumatology ... As a rule, they occur simultaneously with fractures of the ribs .http://www.krasotaimedicina.ru/diseases/tr...oulder-fracture
Scapular fractures are caused by direct trauma with a large force vector. As a rule, in 80% of cases, fractures of the scapula are accompanied by injuries to the chest , lungs and shoulder.
A scapular fracture requires significant force and, as a rule, a scapular fracture is accompanied by other injuries , which requires a thorough examination.https://www.dikul.net/wiki/perelomy-lopatki/
« Last post by Ziljoe on May 09, 2022, 05:49:37 PM »
I think this is wrong way to analyse the statistics? If there are no fractures in the other 5 ,then they don't lead to the event that caused the fractures. It could be a separate event? I don't think you can link fractures to non fractures? I need you to be more specific. 3 in the ravine had their fractures . One on the hill side had his fracture in the skull which could have been to a freezing of the fluids .
« Last post by Charles on May 09, 2022, 05:21:43 PM »
Нет.

Thank you Igor, so... only one blow from the snowman.
« Last post by Charles on May 09, 2022, 05:13:44 PM »
I just don't think you can put people with no fractures in with those that did.

If we want to calculate a fertility rate, we divide the number of children by the number women of childbearing age, they might have 3, 2, 1 or 0 children, they are all included as long as they have the age to bear a child. Same with the fracture rate, we divide the number of broken bones by the number of hikers exposed to injury, they might have 14, 13, 1 or 0 fractures, they are all included as long as they have breakable bones.

Greetings
« Last post by Игорь Б. on May 09, 2022, 05:08:23 PM »
Нет.
Переломы лопатки достаточно редко наблюдаются в травматологии... Как правило, возникают одновременно с переломами ребер.
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=86651
« Last post by Ziljoe on May 09, 2022, 03:56:52 PM »
Hi Charles,

I will get back to you on this. At the moment it's a gut instinct that the stats you suggest are incorrectly applied. But I am only debating the issue and not dismissing your thinking. It's a journey that I'm happy to look into.

I just don't think you can put people with no fractures in with those that did. Hopefully someone else on the forum can comment.

thumb1
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10