Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: The flashlight
« Last post by GlennM on Today at 07:44:20 PM »
Where are those flashlights today?
General Discussion / Thoughts on the book: bodies and clothes
« Last post by amashilu on Today at 07:33:21 AM »
As Teddy proposes in the book, the bodies were found and flown to hospital in Ivdel, where they were washed and set aside, waiting for someone to sound the alarm about missing people, since at that point the hospital personnel did not know who they were.

The nurse who washed the bodies said repeatedly that:
1) the bodies were very dirty, and
2) they sent someone out to buy new clothes for the corpses.

To me, this means that they had cut the clothes off the bodies, common procedure in handling such cases. Later, after learning the identity of the bodies and the method by which they died, someone panicked, took the new clothes back off the corpses, and did their best to put the original clothes back on. This created the very weird exchange of clothes found later on the bodies, since the re-dressers could not of course remember who had been wearing what.

There were also odds and ends of clothing found all over the slope. It could be that the people who returned the bodies to the scene carried along a stack of clothing, cut and not-cut, and did not succeed in getting all the pieces back on the bodies.

This accounts as well for some cut pieces on the bodies; I believe Lyudmila was wearing one cut-off sweater sleeve on one leg (described as neatly cut, as with a knife or scissors, which the DY group did not have available).

Even if the proposal of a tree falling on the group is not embraced, this scenario does explain the clothing problem.

Also, do the bodies appear particularly dirty to you, in the "found" pictures, or could they possibly have already been cleaned and then put back? After another few weeks in the snow, they would be somewhat dirty, but not necessarily as dirty as the nurse repeatedly said.
« Last post by ilahiyol on December 04, 2022, 09:00:10 PM »
If Mansi rearranged the bodies but did not inform authorities, that would be counter productive if they wanted no involvement. If Mansi took or left artifacts, that become known. There was a manifest. It sounds like this is guilt by association, not guilt by malice.
Also, the Mansi must have encountered many dead in those mountains. The Dytlov group was not the first. It wouldn't be in the end. So for them, finding the dead was something that could be considered ordinary. So they relocated the bodies and took some of their belongings. They dared it. Because they have done this many times before. And I think they even partially know what attacked them. But they did not dare to say it. Because at that time all their families and villages were facing annihilation!!! If it turned out for sure that the tent was torn from the outside, all the Mansi would have been killed!!! Torn internally saved the Mansi. The Mansi were this close to death. That's why they didn't explain much.
« Last post by ilahiyol on December 04, 2022, 08:50:41 PM »
It would be deucedly hard for anyone living out there as the Mansi did to come upon resources or gossip fodder and keep it to themselves. 10 days is an eternity if you have a secret to share. I would also add that if any of them thought they could make a ruble or two by providing information, they wouldn't hesitate.

To make this work,the Mansi would find the bodies, find the tent, say nothing, leave nothing and take nothing. I can not imagine myself in that situation going ,"Hmm, too bad for them. Better get home for dinner".

I think the Mansi are and were a target of opportunity. I don't even know one!
Yes, it doesn't affect much, but it clears our confusion. However, it was the Mansi who were the first to show the location of the tent. And they were the ones who found the 4 dead in the cave again. These show us that the Mansi found them before!!! Of course, it's not definitive proof. But they are very important tips. However, the Mansi could get the rubles they wanted by giving them various furs. And a smart, vigilant hunter or two from the Mansi knew this secret. And they may have kept it a secret. Because the Russians at that time had great anger. And at the slightest doubt they could kill the Mansi. And there is the brutality of the administration and the circumstances of the time. The Mansi may have been terrified and agreed not to say anything. This is very likely...
« Last post by GlennM on December 04, 2022, 11:15:03 AM »
It would be deucedly hard for anyone living out there as the Mansi did to come upon resources or gossip fodder and keep it to themselves. 10 days is an eternity if you have a secret to share. I would also add that if any of them thought they could make a ruble or two by providing information, they wouldn't hesitate.

To make this work,the Mansi would find the bodies, find the tent, say nothing, leave nothing and take nothing. I can not imagine myself in that situation going ,"Hmm, too bad for them. Better get home for dinner".

I think the Mansi are and were a target of opportunity. I don't even know one!
General Discussion / Re: Unknow diary 01.02.1959
« Last post by GlennM on December 04, 2022, 11:05:17 AM »
The reason for the tent ay 880 may never be known. It reduces to either the hikers or the conspirators placing it there.The only viable lead is the conspiracy.  If a conspiracy, follow the money.
« Last post by Manti on December 04, 2022, 11:01:40 AM »
Perhaps some Mansi hunters found some of the bodies before the search. This wouldn't influence the case in any significant way
« Last post by GlennM on December 04, 2022, 11:00:12 AM »
If Mansi rearranged the bodies but did not inform authorities, that would be counter productive if they wanted no involvement. If Mansi took or left artifacts, that become known. There was a manifest. It sounds like this is guilt by association, not guilt by malice.
General Discussion / Re: The cuts on tent simply doesn't make any sense
« Last post by GlennM on December 04, 2022, 10:55:55 AM »
the mass grave of Zolotoya Gora near Chelyabinsk
Perpetuated by Nazi Germans in Operation Barbarossa, not the Soviets yes?
DP9 require a better explanation than Nazi war crimes attributed to Russia.
Keep casting. You might catch a fish.
General Discussion / Re: The cuts on tent simply doesn't make any sense
« Last post by ilahiyol on December 04, 2022, 06:13:36 AM »
The numerous cuts in the tent are evidence of the existence of a struggle. If people were taken out at gunpoint, there would be a single cut in the tent. But there is no human attack, because there is not a single cut in the tent, there are at least 15-20 cuts. In such a case, it can be thought that they were attacked by a bear. But there is no evidence of a bear attack. If he is not human, there is only one answer. Unknown coercive force. There is no other option.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10