May 14, 2024, 08:35:14 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Is there evidence for outsiders?
« Last post by Teddy on Today at 08:19:57 AM »
Yes, this is what it says, I have it too. Fits my theory.

« Last post by Ziljoe on Today at 08:10:31 AM »
G. K. GRIGORIEV "SNOWSTORM IN THE MOUNTAINS" - 1 scan 42
« Last post by Ziljoe on Today at 08:05:08 AM »
You are not cross checking with my translation when you find something like that?

No idea, but sometimes the grammar can give a very different perspective to an interpretation.  So in one version it says this

Version 1:

Belongings of the dead: Comrades are standing near the items. Boots, fur clothes. 3-4 blankets in a pile(?). Jacket of Kolya Thibault. Slippers Zina Kolmogorova, stove, crumpled pans (?). Saw in a case.

Dogs what?

- apparently deeply overwhelmed. We have to chop with an ax. Corpses are like bones, logs. A ski pole is broken(???)

Version 2 :

Belongings of the dead: Comrades are standing near the things. Boots, fur items. 3-4 blankets per group(?). Jacket Kolya Thibault. Zina Kolmogorova's slippers, stove, crumpled fire pans(?). Saw in a case.

- What about dogs?

- apparently deeply buried. The ax chops. Corpses are like bones, logs. The stick is broken. (???)

« Last post by Teddy on Today at 07:59:14 AM »
You are not cross checking with my translation when you find something like that?
« Last post by Ziljoe on Today at 07:35:49 AM »
I am trying to read the case files in Russian translation and sometimes get different translations , one for example says that the pans or cookingiron were crumpled ?. A small detail but could shed some light .

The word "crumpled" is used about the blankets and the tent.
Point me towards where it says crumpled cookware, please.

I will have a look, take me a wee bit as it's in the case files using the Russian text then auto translate on my page.
« Last post by Teddy on Today at 07:22:03 AM »
I am trying to read the case files in Russian translation and sometimes get different translations , one for example says that the pans or cookingiron were crumpled ?. A small detail but could shed some light .

The word "crumpled" is used about the blankets and the tent.
Point me towards where it says crumpled cookware, please.
« Last post by Ziljoe on Today at 06:15:40 AM »
It is a general question and a thread where others might have come across something that triggers an observation.

For example , we have the puttee found at the tent , this is questioned as being military but we also know that one of the hikers used  puttees when skiing.

We know there were Mansi close by. Depending on how I interpret the reports it seems they were in the vicinity of 1- 10km , herding or hunting. 

There is also the question of what kind of evidence would outsiders leave behind or what could they cover up. I reason that it would not be an easy task for outsiders to be heavily involved without leaving evidence or traces . It's an open question and obviously some would say the injuries are enough evidence .
« Last post by WinterLeia on Today at 04:01:54 AM »
I should probably clarify something here. Ziljoe asked for evidence of outsiders, not whether outsiders were responsible for what happened to the hikers. I don’t think one necessarily equals the other. There are reasons why someone might want to keep quiet about what they saw or experienced, even if they didn’t do anything wrong, if nothing else, just not to bring the attention of the authorities down on themselves or their families, especially if they knew it would not help the hikers anyway, or if they came across the tent, had no idea what happened, and then continued on their way. That may sound selfish. But it is not uncommon for people to go out of their way to avoid being even peripherally attached to such a horrible event.
« Last post by Teddy on May 13, 2024, 10:05:45 PM »
The tree has been on the ground for 65 years, it is rotten, and it is covered with moss. But you can still see a whole chunk missing, edges parallel.
https://dyatlovpass.com/dead-cedar

There are so many things around the bodies that are arguable left by the dying.
It is one thing to argue, and another to prove it.
« Last post by GlennM on May 13, 2024, 09:24:12 PM »
I am going back to Ziljoe's original post and interpreting it differently. I am going to use Teddy's theory as a springboard. Teddy argues that after the treefall incident, the tent was deliberately moved a mile up the slope irregardless of where the bodies lay. I interpret Ziljoe's original post to ask if there is any verifiable evidence of human presence/ tampering with the scene prior to the discovery of the tent on 1079? After all,  the tent can not move itself and the hikers were in no condition to move it. Everybody brings something into a crime scene and takes something away. As an example, if a tree fell on the tent, certainly there would be cut marks on the tree where the conspirators freed the tent.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10