September 26, 2021, 03:01:02 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Pulsed microwave weapons and the 'Havana syndrome'
« Last post by Ziljoe on September 25, 2021, 07:35:49 PM »
Yeah I'm not suggesting pulsed microwaves were used against the Dyatlov group. Just found it interesting to find out that Russia was conducting research into them that early.

To be honest the more I think about the Dyatlov pass incident the more it seems the information we have is self-contradictory and so it will never be solved.

My apologies to you also Manti. I appreciate your post. And it is very interesting . I also agree that it's interesting that the USSR were possibly  with such technology..

There is so much contradictory information it's frustrating .

Were flares even available to civilians at the time?

And as far as I know, ways to "communicate with the outside world" are not commonly taken on hikes even these days.I don't think flares would even be practical because they are only visible from far away at night, and are likely to be missed.A satellite phone would be a better option and is the same price as a smartphone, but I haven't heard about many hikers taking satellite phones with them either...
Non-DP Related Mysteries! / Re: New development in the "Tamám Shud" mystery
« Last post by RMK on September 25, 2021, 04:48:38 PM »
Something weird that sticks out in my mind about the Jennifer Fairgate case is the fact that she had rented room 2805 for three nights in a row, but had no payment arranged with the hotel.  No credit card on file, no money down via cash or check, no hold-of-funds on bank card.  Did she have an accomplice (for lack of a better word) among the hotel staff?  Or was there just some dysfunctionality in the hotel's operations at the time, without which the Fairgate case might never have turned into much of a mystery?

Yes I was also thinking that it doesn't look like she was a spy.

A spy would have "real" documents with valid addresses, they wouldn't want to be uncovered when someone simply checks whether the street really exists.
Yes, and she did not even consistently spell her surname in the same way.

Anyway the article is very thorough but one thing I found odd is that there is no mention of CCTV at all. Surely there was CCTV in the hotel and also on the streets and they could at least have an idea of the times when she left/returned to the hotel based on that?
Another good point.  The lack of any reference to CCTV makes me suspect that the coverage depth of the hotel's CCTV cameras was so limited that it was obvious that the footage wouldn't show anything relevant to the case.  There would be a lot less mystery about the case if there were informative CCTV footage.  In particular, if there was extensive CCTV camera coverage, the hotel might be able to definitively show that no mysterious person exited the building during the time between when security guard Espen Næss descended from the 28th floor after hearing a gunshot, and when the head of security arrived at room 2805.  Naturally, the more extensive the coverage, the easier it would be to rule out the possibility that an assassin (perhaps the mysterious Lois Fairgate?) fled room 2805 and left the hotel during that approximately 20-minute time window.

I should mention here that I do think suicide, which is the official manner of death for both Jennifer Fairgate and the Isdal Woman, is the most likely explanation in both cases.  I have little doubt that the Isdal Woman committed suicide, but I do find it believable that Jennifer Fairgate might have been murdered.

So, if these two women weren't spies, what were they?  One of the more interesting theories I've encountered about the Isdal Woman is that she was a spy, but not on behalf of a nation-state, but rather, of a terrorist organization, such as the Red Army Faction (a.k.a. the Baader-Meinhof Gang).  I've already stated my suspicions that the Isdal Woman was an identity thief and/or con artist--perhaps in the same mould as El Dorado Jane Doe.  As for Fairgate, I guess I'm partial to the theory that she was an expensive prostitute who serviced rich clients from high-end hotels in big cities.  All of this is speculation, of course.
« Last post by Manti on September 25, 2021, 04:36:55 PM »
Yeah I'm not suggesting pulsed microwaves were used against the Dyatlov group. Just found it interesting to find out that Russia was conducting research into them that early.

To be honest the more I think about the Dyatlov pass incident the more it seems the information we have is self-contradictory and so it will never be solved.
« Last post by Ziljoe on September 24, 2021, 04:09:22 PM »
I am cautious of media. Especially the modern internet of everyone having putting a spin. I do not think there's governments running about zapping people. I am willing to watch and observe the developments. But I question motive by who is writing what and why. I think that is logical.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki

Having had a search I can see there is evidence for and against the Havana syndrome.

I personally don't think governments  are out to get people. I just don't think they are that clever or inhuman. They learn as we all do.

« Last post by Jean Daniel Reuss on September 24, 2021, 03:28:19 PM »
Recently I have been reading about pulsed microwaves and their weaponization. The facts on them are scarce but this article on the BBC site mentions that there was research into them in the Soviet Union as early as the 50s.
But I did read on this forum that there was a military facility on Mount Chistop. Does anyone know what was done there?

The article: bbc.com/news/world-58396698

Yes ! There are weapons, in principle non-lethal, that produce a beam of electromagnetic microwaves of high power and that can strongly influence the behaviors of people located in the field of action of the waves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directed-energy_weapon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directed-energy_weapon#Microwave

Note:
In my "Reply # 2" I had rather considered an infrasound weapon, in honor of WAB who had more or less explicitly mentioned this possibility with his reference to Vladimir_Gavreau's collaboration with the French army's prospective studies on infrasound weapons, during the 1960s.

https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=116.msg410#msg410
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Gavreau
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Acoustic_Device

But in any case it is certain that a wave generator - sound or electromagnetic - located on Mount Cristop would have been far too far away to be able to play any role in the DPI.

See for instance:
http://www.dyatlov-pass-incident.com/     ("Keith Mc Closkey - 11 August 2021")
« One of their videos also shows the disused Soviet-era military installation on top of Mount Chistop, only 30 kilometres or so (20 miles approx.) south of the Dyatlov group's route.»

• So, do you mention the possibility that mysterious characters would have carried powerful wave generators on the slopes of Kholat Syakhl to make them act on the 9 hikers ?

• In order to weaken or kill them ?

• Or to carry out tests, in real conditions, on the effects of more or less experimental devices in 1959 ?

Reply #7
I'm interested to a point on this knowledge but I'm also cautious of a conspiracy theory. I wouldn't want to go down the road that all governments are out to get us....to be honest it's a bit paranoid.

I read your posts carefully, but excuse me, I did not understand what you mean by " conspiracy théory "

• Any unnatural causes ?
 • Aggression from a group hostile people met by chance ?
 • A government plan to eliminate the 9 hikers for a reason that could be ideological bad behavior ?
 • The mission of mercenaries sent in pursuit of the 9 hikers (9 and not 10 since the abandonment of Yuri Yudin) as a result of the oddities reported during the short stay in Vizhay, January 25 - 26, 1959 ?
 • etc ?

« Last post by Ziljoe on September 23, 2021, 06:46:15 PM »
Please accept my apologies ridgewatcher It wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular.

As I said it is interesting and I have and do watch a lot of these theories. Where I mean I'm cautious of conspiracy theories, is from people that make the programs and media. Not you. I was not thinking you were being paranoid.

So please again forgive me. I should have written it better.
« Last post by RidgeWatcher on September 23, 2021, 03:51:58 PM »
I never mentioned all countries I was very specific but you could add more countries, if you so wish. Be very careful about who you call a Conspiracy Theorist and Paranoia. It was very accusatory and rude.

These weapons are being used and indiscriminately in various countries. This is coming from our own leaders but if you doubt me go find it yourself before calling other posters Conspiracy Theorists.

Video / Photography / Re: Made a slide video
« Last post by Hgordian on September 23, 2021, 01:29:18 PM »
Just discovered this video.  Wonderful presentation
General Discussion / Re: sarapuk
« Last post by Star man on September 22, 2021, 04:00:10 PM »
Glad you are ok Sarapuk.

Regards

Star man
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10