September 23, 2021, 11:09:30 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Flashlight on top of tent
« Last post by MDGross on September 13, 2021, 09:26:29 AM »
Possible scenarios:
1. It was to function as a beacon when the group fled the tent. If it was turned on, though, the batteries would eventually die. Yet the flashlight worked when found by the search party.
2. When the tent was moved to the slope by the people staging the tragedy, someone inadvertently left it on top of the tent. But assuming the tent was moved and pitched in daylight, why was someone carrying a flashlight?
3. The group was attacked at night and one of the attackers placed the flashlight on top of the tent, but then forgot about it.

Other explanations? Maybe this one flashlight is an absolutely crucial clue?!
Semyon Zolotaryov / Re: Could Zolotaryov be a saboteur?
« Last post by Игорь Б. on September 12, 2021, 11:10:30 PM »
This demonstrates that he could not be seized by panic and that in the face of any danger he reacted rationally and, as is said, "without undue haste".
Жаль, что во Франции нет скунсов. Хорошо бы завесть.
« Last post by Jean Daniel Reuss on September 12, 2021, 02:48:56 PM »

Семён Золотарёв был просто плохим школьным учителем физкультуры и был уволен из школы со скандалом.
Если бы не это увольнение он не смог бы пойти в поход с группой Дятлова в учебное время....
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=109828

Reply #7  -  Igor B
Semyon Zolotarev was just a bad school gym teacher and was dismissed from school with a scandal.
Had it not been for this dismissal he would not have been able to go camping with Dyatlov's group during school hours.

°°°°

Zolotaryov was incorporated into the Soviet army in 1941, at the age of 20, and fought effectively for four years on the Eastern Front.
This demonstrates that he could not be seized by panic and that in the face of any danger he reacted rationally and, as is said, "without undue haste".

Afterwards, he seems to have had some difficulty in readjusting into civilian life, but his personal history is rather complicated and not well known.

It is difficult to deduce anything definite about possible defects in his personal character.

°°°°

I am recopying two comments with which I agree :

1) • message 3.8.2021, 8:28 am - Message #2168   
Permanent member  Group: Users

« There is another option, how Semyon Zolotarev ended up in the Urals, and this option is even more likely than the previous one.

He simply was fed up with everything.
Uninteresting school work, hostile relations with the headmaster, living in the same room with his elderly mother, his common-law wife with an as-yet-unknown child, for whom she was probably pulling money from Semyon.

And when Zolotarev was dismissed with scandal and humiliation he gave up everything and left for free floating.
From camp to camp, new places, new people. No obligations, no freedom.
No one to answer to, no one to support. He went camping with the Dyatlovs for free, at his own expense. He could afford it. So he took one last walk. ...»

2) • message 3.8.2021, 14:30 - Message #2169   

« In the end it does not matter for what reason Semyon Zolotarev left his city - whether he fled from possible prosecution or simply tired of everything. It will hardly be possible to establish the reason precisely and provably.

But one thing is clear - the compulsory dismissal of Zolotarev according to the article puts an end to all conspiracy theories about him being a member of some secret services  [/- Rakitin -/] and his appearance in the Dyatlov's group not by accident.

If he had not been fired from the school there would not have been his campaign with Dyatlov's group at school time....»

« Last post by Игорь Б. on September 11, 2021, 10:50:19 PM »
Семён Золотарёв был просто плохим школьным учителем физкультуры и был уволен из школы со скандалом.
Если бы не это увольнение он не смог бы пойти в поход с группой Дятлова в учебное время.

« Last post by Jean Daniel Reuss on September 11, 2021, 03:05:12 PM »

@ Jacques-Emile   - Reply #5

According to the two studies of Nikolay Varsegov and Natalya Varsegova, it is difficult to doubt that Zolotaryov was really an excellent and valiant warrior on the Eastern Front. It does not matter whether he was a pontooner, a sapper, a saboteur or with the GRU or the Smersh...

••• I do not understand correctly what your theory is about. I think we need more detailed explanations.

Are there any differences between your theory and the one of Rakitin which seems to be similar to yours ?

What could be the relationship between Dubinina's extracted eyes and cut tongue and a mysterious small explosive device inserted near her heart ?

What is this secret S-100 base ?

Why are you referring to Gary Powers ?

(Francis Gary Powers (1929 -1977) is known as an American pilot whose Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Lockheed U-2 spy plane was shot down, on May 1, 1960, while flying a reconnaissance mission above the Serdlovsk region).

••• Nowadays, I myself have become a member in this forum, so to say, as a self-proclaimed spokesman for the TOK theory .

TOK theory = Eduard Tumanov + Per Inge Oestmoen + Aleks Kandr = surprise attack in order to kill or relentless "Altercation on the pass"

General Discussion / Re: sarapuk
« Last post by RidgeWatcher on September 10, 2021, 10:45:54 PM »
Sarape, So glad to hear your alive and healthy! I finally received "Death Stalks the Prairie" because it was out of print and I had to wait, hope to discuss with you when have time, sounds as if you are busy professionally at this time.
Avalanche / Re: Avalanche Theory for Dyatlov Pass Incident is Bolstered by New Study
« Last post by Squatch on September 10, 2021, 04:57:18 PM »
And then there’s where the bodies were carried, ostensibly by water alone. Yet, they still found discarded clothing in the den. Not only that, but the way the bodes of the three males were found, they offered the most resistance to the water flow, being horizontal to the flow rather than vertical, like Luda. And, the flow was still able to pick them up and carry them downstream, but not the clothing spread on the den floor?

They tried this theory back in 1959, and it didn’t hold. The fact that they keep circling back to it indicates a need to believe this or accept it is based on something other than the facts in the case. None of the people that saw the tent, many of them hikers themselves, thought that the snow covering was excessive for the time it was supposedly out there abandoned. The entrance wasn’t even blocked by snow, and there’s evidence that Zolotaryov and Nicolas were outside the tent and thus not in a position where they could have suffered the injuries they did. So, now we’re just going to relocate it to the ravine? I don’t have a problem with it being one of the theories on the table. But when it’s the one that investigators push at every turn despite very real problems with it, that’s when it starts getting suspicious.

I really love this forum because the people who post here are deep thinkers and challenge those with different ideas about what happened. This is good because it helps the truth to emerge.

I do not think the bodies in the ravine were carried by water. In my opinion, moving snow can account for both the injuries to the four hikers and the movement of their bodies through the ravine.

The snow covering on the tent may have been excessive before the rescuers arrived 3.5 weeks later. I do not feel we can look at the scene of the tragedy 3.5 weeks later and assume that was what it looked like when the tragedy occurred. Or make assumptions about how much snow could have blown away. We don't know enough about the weather conditions on the night of the incident and the days/weeks that followed.

If you look at the snow on the tent, it appears very jumbled up. It does not look like snow that accumulates due to natural snowfall. I do believe that Zolotaryov and Nicolas were outside the tent when some kind of snow collapse happened. But why do you assume their injuries happened at the tent? Why not in the ravine?

Let's look at this from a wider perspective and not get caught up in the details. How likely is it that the hikers -- on the side of a mountain in bad weather in a remote location -- encountered Soviet soldiers, UFOs, Yetis or native peoples that night? Isn't it more likely that a natural event or events happened in extremely bad weather that panicked the hikers in the darkness? And made them act out of fear instead of rational thought? Sometimes people just have bad luck and nature does not take pity on those experiencing the bad luck.

I still think there was a partial avalanche at the tent that panicked the hikers, and another more deadly one in the ravine. The fact that three of the hikers tried to head back to the tent hints that their panic wore off and they finally had a better understanding of their situation.

Avalanche / Re: Avalanche Theory for Dyatlov Pass Incident is Bolstered by New Study
« Last post by Ziljoe on September 10, 2021, 12:34:02 PM »
I agree with your observations winterleia.

Initially I thought an avalanche at the tent location was the most likely cause. I don't think that's the case anymore. There seems to be some confusion over the den, clothes found , distance to the ravine 4 etc.

The ravine 4 injuries are explained well by Igor b. I am happy with his observations and reasoning. If it was a collapse of a snow bridge/cave they wouldn't be able to dig there way out, nor could anyone that was standing outside of the collapse dig them out. The nature of the snow would be like concrete. Maybe some of the others tried but had to give up.

If you Google (tuckerman snow arch collapse) it might help to give an example of the concept. This is obviously a different country and larger ice bridge, later in the season but a tourist was injured and couldn't dig themselves out and his injuries were serious. It's a large snow bridge but it's also a lager river.

It is plausible....but has nothing to do with an avalanche or the cause of exiting the tent.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10